More lax and strict methods

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sienihemmo
level0

More lax and strict methods

Postby Sienihemmo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 am

So at the moment the game is in this weird spot, where the prison is like a hotel but where the prisoners are like murderers. This got me thinking about Finnish prisons.

Finnish prisons actually are much like hotels or summercamps.
- The cells look like normal rooms, apart from the steel cell door and possibly bars on the window. Prisoners have normal beds, desks, radios, coffee machines, some even have TV's.
- As far as I know, they don't wear any special prison uniforms or overalls either.
- Prisoners are allowed vacations to visit family and friends. If the prisoner doesn't return, a warrant is issued but it's so rare that every incident is reported in the news, the latest being something like 2011 if I remember correctly. That guy was convicted for financial crimes, and was caught because he left his hidey hole to go buy a tooth brush and the cashier recognized him from the news.
- Prisoners have personal showers, and some prisons have saunas.

Some pictures:
Cell 1
Cell 2
Cell 3
Cell 4
Sauna
Hallway
Toilet
Toilet and shower
Dining hall
Gym
Exercise hall

I'd like to have the opportunity to run these kind of lax prisons, and have the prisoners actually act accordingly, meaning not like your average american prisoner that goes around shanking people and smuggling in cocaine before digging an escape tunnel and running all the way to Mexico. Sure, there are stricter prisons in Finland too, but the majority of convicts spend their time in prisons like these.

Of course I'd also like the possibility to run a prison with an iron fist, where the prisoners get 2 hours of yard time per day and spend the rest of the day in their cells, even eating there.
killerx243
level1
level1

Re: More lax and strict methods

Postby killerx243 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:14 pm

You can kind of do that already; just make your cell a bit larger and stick a shower, tv, even a telephone in there if you want.

I don't remember any hotel that makes its guests work until 12 am :P
Flux42
level0

Postby Flux42 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 pm

That's fun. Thanks for the photos! If you limit prisoners to minimum security, you'll have less of the murderous rampage problem. I don't know how to feed them in their cells, though. That would be a nice add.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:01 am

I want this.
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:05 am

christopher1006 wrote:Image

I want this.

I want this too.
Meeeps
level3
level3

Postby Meeeps » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 pm

a "lax" prison like you ask for already pretty much is possible. A more strict prison is a bit harder to implement.

Return to “Community Members”