I am a cheater

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

xander
level5
level5

Re: I am a cheater

Postby xander » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Deputy wrote:So explain why the Ten Commandments are above the front doors of the Supreme Court :D ]

Given that the building in which the Supreme Court is housed wasn't built until the 1930s, I am not sure of the relevance of your comment is to the question of whether or not the United States was founded on Christian principles. Moreover, you have asserted that the Ten Commandments are above the front doors of the Supreme Court, but the photograph that you have included does not back up that assertion (in fact, the text under the frieze that you have shown is "Equal Justice Under Law," which has nothing to do with the Ten Commandments). In fact, a quick Google seems to indicate that the only reference to the Ten Commandments in any of the art or architecture in the Supreme Court is a depiction of Moses in a courtroom frieze that also includes many other ancient lawgivers, such as Hammurabi (who significantly predates most of Jewish history), Confucius (who has nothing to do with any of the Abrahamic religions), and Menes (whose dynasty in Egypt began more than 5000 years ago, again significantly predating most of the Judeo-Christian tradition). I should also note that none of this information is hard to find, and you don't have be an expert to access it---a very cursory internet search got me a Wikipedia article that is pretty well cited, and this delightful virtual tour of the courthouse, both of which are sufficient to counter your claim. Honestly, you should be ashamed to spread such misinformation. We live in a time when it is quite easy to check your assumptions against reliable sources. There is no excuse for such a willful display of ignorance.

Finally, you completely failed to address any of the points made by either myself or kudayta. You claimed that the US was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. We countered that (1) the constitution specifically denies this and (2) the founding fathers explicitly founded the nation on other principles. You addressed neither of these statements.

To summarize:
  1. You are incorrect in your assertion that the Supreme Court building references the Ten Commandments over the entrance.
  2. Even if it did, the recent vintage of the building does nothing to support your assertion that the country was founded on Christian beliefs.
  3. You have done nothing to counter the actual objections made to your original statement.
  4. You should be ashamed of yourself for maintaining such willful ignorance.

xander
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Dantesinferno wrote:well i just got chat banned on group 6 for saying I want to smoke a fag (cigarette)!

I don't know where you got this idea that you where banned? But you are not. You may have gotten a silence ban from the bot, the bot will silence anyone using any racist slurs. Now if you said fag as for cigs the bot will not know the different between those two. But even then a silence ban is temporally and only for the game you are playing on. Also anyone can choose to un silence you if they wish. Lastly please don't suck me into this conversation I would rather stay out of it.
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Hound - i would not want you to feel sucked into this conversation as it is becoming more caustic by the post. I just made a silly english joke and was not intending to do anything but have a little troll.

However on this subject I have learned something here and I appreciate the food for thought. I am not going to add anything more except thanks to everybody who has had patience to explain why my conclusions may be wrong. I think I will find out more before I get into a similar conversation again. I don't consider myself homophobic in any way but I do seem to have some big misunderstandings. Like Deputy I am also from the older generation and I also have the added headfuck of being educated by nuns so its pretty deep-rooted i am afraid!

Deputy - with all due respect you are starting to sound like someone from Westboro Baptist Church now - I even understand why you think these things but you are sounding borderline crazy and i am sure your not as intense as you are showing here. Perhaps its time to rest your case?
or (thats some damn fine trolling - if thats what your really up too!)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:39 am

Worst than I thought. Not only an idiot faith in your preconceptions, but properly a faith in your american preconceptions. Oh deputy..there is a world! Americans are 400 milions in a world of 7 bilions of humans. There were a world before these comandments, a world after and a world beyond them. Tipically occidental people consider their logos as the Mind but it's collapsing. The decline of the US, slow but unavoidable, will means also the decline of your beliefs..they will lose their value of truth. And this is good because idolatry is in the aptitude of believers not in what they say they believe.
The sad thing is that you stopped to think, to enquire yourself, your society, your culture. You start from them (as absolute facts) to judge what you don't know and don't understand.
You don't consider the amplitude of the unexplored, the knowledge is over for you. All is done.
The history and the storyes of humans are only repetitions. A unique logic rounding around itself.
Like it or not this logic is dead, cause we already know the irrational root of our occidental logic point of view. You seem a nerd watching the first season of a tv serie, rewatching it ever, that doesn't know that there is also at least a 2nd season. Or a baby that doesn't know that some games are not yours. Or a people from US that calls US.. America. Or an "american" that thinks that "America" is the world. Or a male that thinks that females are the half part of the entire. You seem properly an idiot. And there is no solution against the pride of idiocy.
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Dantesinferno wrote:Hound - i would not want you to feel sucked into this conversation as it is becoming more caustic by the post. I just made a silly english joke and was not intending to do anything but have a little troll.

However on this subject I have learned something here and I appreciate the food for thought. I am not going to add anything more except thanks to everybody who has had patience to explain why my conclusions may be wrong. I think I will find out more before I get into a similar conversation again. I don't consider myself homophobic in any way but I do seem to have some big misunderstandings. Like Deputy I am also from the older generation and I also have the added headfuck of being educated by nuns so its pretty deep-rooted i am afraid!

Deputy - with all due respect you are starting to sound like someone from Westboro Baptist Church now - I even understand why you think these things but you are sounding borderline crazy and i am sure your not as intense as you are showing here. Perhaps its time to rest your case?
or (thats some damn fine trolling - if thats what your really up too!)

I am outta here.

[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT MILITARY SERVICE AND DISPARAGING ATHEISTS]
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:38 pm

I served in the Royal Marines as a commando for 7 years. I completed a tour of duty in Afghansitan and 13 successful ops. I have 41 confirmed kills and personally led a night raid on an insurgent military base, for which I received multiple acolades and not a single member of my team was injured. Before the shooting started it was so deathly quiet you could hear the desert winds - no one who hasn't been there knows how that moment feels.

I own several shotguns for hunting and a mint pair of NV goggles so if anyone here dared attempt an assault on my person I would take him down at fifty yards. I was one of the best marksmen in my regiment.

Okay I made all that up.

Colytic
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 pm

[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT ATHEISTS AND PATRIOTIC AMERICANS]
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Deputy wrote:[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT MILITARY SERVICE AND DISPARAGING ATHEISTS]

Deputy wrote:[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT IDIOTIC ATHEISTS AND PATRIOTIC AMERICANS]

Little slow on the uptake, ain't ya? Anywho, I thought you were leaving...

xander
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:20 pm

xander wrote:
Deputy wrote:[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT MILITARY SERVICE AND DISPARAGING ATHEISTS]

Deputy wrote:[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT IDIOTIC ATHEISTS AND PATRIOTIC AMERICANS]

Little slow on the uptake, ain't ya? Anywho, I thought you were leaving...

xander

[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT NOTIFICATIONS]
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Deputy wrote:A MODERATOR EDITED THIS

You do realize that those notifications are (1) something that you had to opt-in for and (2) something that you can opt-out of at any time, right? And, just to be clear, I was not commenting on the fact that you haven't gone away yet. I was commenting on the fact that you can't seem to figure out what kind of content is acceptable and what isn't, requiring moderators to continually edit your posts into oblivion.

xander
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:54 pm

I wish I could see these rants. There's something entertaining about watching a bigot make even more of a fool of himself.

Colytic
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 am

[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT RELEVANCY]
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:55 am

Deputy wrote:[MOD EDIT: DELETED IRRELEVANT RANT ABOUT RELEVANCY]

Now fuck off bigot. You're not wanted here.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 am

kudayta wrote:Now fuck off bigot. You're not wanted here.

Indeed.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:27 pm

IRRELEVANT COMMENT ABOUT THE CAUSAL LINK BETWEEN HORMONES RELEASED DURING PUBERTY AND INTERNET VALOR OVER HERE

Return to “General”