Anyone else have problems with power and food levels in A14?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Legadian
level1
level1

Anyone else have problems with power and food levels in A14?

Postby Legadian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 am

I came home and booted up my prison in Alpha 14 only to discover that my main power grid, which had a little to spare in Alpha 13, was over taxed and shut down now (and i hadn't changed anything on that grid in a long time). I had to remove some equipment to boot it back up. Also, my cooks/kitchen can't seem to keep up with my prisoner load anymore (not even close) and I've had about 216 for the last 4 or 5 game-days. Only thing that changed was the update.

Does anyone else have one of these problems? Was this intended?

Legadian
kongoman
level2
level2

Re: Anyone else have problems with power and food levels in

Postby kongoman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:52 am

I have the same problem regarding the power grid problem.
When I loaded up my prison in A14, the power grid was immediately shut down due to overload.
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 am

I have having trouble with my food as well. I increased the kitchen staff from 10 to 24 and double the number of cookers. That seems to be a solid answer to feeding the prisoners, increase the number of kitchen staff and cookers.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:47 am

Checked the power consumptions, some levels are different. Oh, check your CCTVS
Brother D
level0

Postby Brother D » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I noticed that when I switched to Alpha 14, televisions that were placed outside now needed power cables run to them. Perhaps TV's now require power whereas before they didn't.

This is just a guess though.
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm

The TVs require direct power though: a cable running through them if I remember right. Since I doubt anyone has done that by accident, that's not likely to be what caused it.

Has anyone else been requiring more food on brand new prisons?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

At above post,i think it may be related to the prisoner. That still needs testing though.
McLumberjack
level2
level2

Postby McLumberjack » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:12 pm

I've noticed the food thing. Before the staff were feeding about 3/4s of prisoners (about a 1/4 only ate once a day, so this was working out) now they're not even feeding half. What's more, adding cookers and kitchen staff doesn't seem to make much difference, they just spend a lot of time milling about the kitchen, and seem to just spread out what they were making before onto new cookers rather than making more food.

If there's a proper ratio for staff to cookers to fridges I don't know what it is. Anyone know?
TokMor
level1
level1

Postby TokMor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:20 pm

According to one of the wikis, and what I use is 5 cookers, 2 fridges, 2 sinks, 5 cooks.

http://prison-architect.wikia.com/wiki/Kitchen
Lint21
level0

Postby Lint21 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm having the food issue. For my 200 prisoner map, I have 40 cooks, plus a ton of cookers, fridges, and serving tables. I had to switch my regime to 3x/day meals, since people were too hungry and rioting eating only twice a day. One thing I've noticed is that the cooks wait a bit longer to move the food to the serving tables.

No real issues with power, but maybe the power stations are producing a bit less than before. I'm running three stations on a small map with one land expansion - two are at capacity and one is about half capacity.
TokMor
level1
level1

Postby TokMor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm also having an issue with cooks now that I play more. I tried the extreme example. I have 40 cooks, 60 cookers, and they can only make about 80 meals at meal time. It seemed to me that prior to the patch, cooks would take a stack of food and start cooking it, now it appears that they will only cook one item of food on each cooker burner (although I do see the occasional x2 on a single burner)
Also, the cooks seem to stand around a lot during meal prep. There will be empty cookers and plenty of food in the fridge, but they will just mill about. naturally my prisoners are not pleased by this.
jm7316
level0

Postby jm7316 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:11 am

Same with food issues. I've found the *only* way to feed everyone is to play on the slow setting. It seems the job queue system isn't syncing properly with the game. If I play on fast, it only feeds about 40% of my prisoners, and I have cooks standing around and unused cookers.
TomFadge
level1
level1

Postby TomFadge » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 pm

I think there is a bug with the power grid.
I started a new alpha 14 prison, built a small building with holding cell etc, and powered it fine. When I built a larger area with kitchen suddenly I was overloaded and couldnt power it. I built more capacitors and still was overloaded.

I then cut all the power lines EXCEPT for the power to the original small building which I was powering beforehand just fine. It still says I am overloaded, even though I have more capacitors, and was powering this area previously with less.

Not sure how to fix, my prisoners are starving and will probably riot and destroy everything.
AlexMBrennan
level0

Postby AlexMBrennan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:31 pm

The TVs require direct power though

They require power, which means direct power *if placed outside* (e.g. in the yard); indoor they work just like lights.
TokMor
level1
level1

Postby TokMor » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:54 pm

jm7316 wrote:Same with food issues. I've found the *only* way to feed everyone is to play on the slow setting. It seems the job queue system isn't syncing properly with the game. If I play on fast, it only feeds about 40% of my prisoners, and I have cooks standing around and unused cookers.

I tried it at both fast and normal speed, I ended up with the same number of meals, only enough for about 60% of the prison

Return to “Community Members”