The Race for Cairo

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Colytic
Site Admin

The Race for Cairo

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Sorry Deadcows. Pretty hectic game: http://arcghost.de/2v2v2/2013/July/21/2 ... _00_07.zip

Also, NewPlayer_2, ahem, SCILLIAN HOUND, 'EU looks to be noob' before the fireworks had even started flying. Why, damn you.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Re: The Race for Cairo

Postby General Ivan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 pm

coly...i know that you were in a pretty shitty position, and this will sound like im lecturing you...but you could have tried to make an effort to hide your silos via norway/britain/iceland

The Race for Cairo
00:33:00 mins in:
noticescows bombers heading for Cairo,
Coly launches silos at 00:37:00
puts DEFCON audio to 0.
play Chariots of Fire
Pictures nukes as Athletes trying to edge over the Cairo finish line
Cairo hit at 00:39:00 in
Cows is like NOOOO
i loled

also noticed the odd bomber belonging to laika beyond the dark area above the map. though i just quickly dismissed it as just slow bomber turning or something so im not gonna sue or protest anything against you laika :P gg anyways
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:56 pm

General Ivan wrote:coly...i know that you were in a pretty shitty position, and this will sound like im lecturing you...but you could have tried to make an effort to hide your silos via norway/britain/iceland

It was not possible to hide them. In either case they would have been exposed to Africa or the USSR.

General Ivan wrote:The Race for Cairo
00:33:00 mins in:
noticescows bombers heading for Cairo,
Coly launches silos at 00:37:00
puts DEFCON audio to 0.
play Chariots of Fire
Pictures nukes as Athletes trying to edge over the Cairo finish line
Cairo hit at 00:39:00 in
Cows is like NOOOO
i loled

Hahaha

Colytic
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Colytic wrote:
General Ivan wrote:coly...i know that you were in a pretty shitty position, and this will sound like im lecturing you...but you could have tried to make an effort to hide your silos via norway/britain/iceland

It was not possible to hide them. In either case they would have been exposed to Africa or the USSR.

could have you at least tried? or was there just NO way what so ever to hide from static radar view. they probably would have got scouted from underneath africa or from west or USSR but would have bought you just a few minutes maybe
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 pm

General Ivan wrote:could have you at least tried? or was there just NO way what so ever to hide from static radar view. they probably would have got scouted from underneath africa or from west or USSR but would have bought you just a few minutes maybe

No. It was physically not possible. If Africa and the USSR placed a radar on the very edge of their border (as they should and did) almost all silos would have comfortably been in range without any scouting required. If you get the radar mod you'll see.

Colytic
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Colytic wrote:
General Ivan wrote:could have you at least tried? or was there just NO way what so ever to hide from static radar view. they probably would have got scouted from underneath africa or from west or USSR but would have bought you just a few minutes maybe

No. It was physically not possible. If Africa and the USSR placed a radar on the very edge of their border (as they should and did) almost all silos would have comfortably been in range without any scouting required. If you get the radar mod you'll see.

Colytic

Ouch Ivan :)
Below the belt attack: - 2 points Coly :)

Technically speaking you can hide 5 silos. But when a good player sees that he knows with absolute precision where they are.
If he/she (lady) sees 1 visible silo then you didn't place all OR the position of your silos is completely telegraphed.
The only alternative is the one I marked on the map.

So basically with 8 silo shots you can take out all enemy silos and spend 6 * 8 = 48 nukes to kill 10 * 6 = 60 enemy nukes + 1 city + all anti air. You will still have 6 * 2 = 12 nukes left in silos and full anti air.
You launch 1 shot at city then 7 shots at the targets on the map including the mandatory 1 visible silo and the 2 potential spots for the furthest silos. You will miss one guaranteed.
This is the main reason that I puke when I see pro stacking russia + africa against some noob eu player in 2v2. He literally has no chance. Not even baby Jesus could come back from this :)
But if at least one player is a complete noob like I was when I did this to baton with the help of moloch, then the damn ass will not only survive, but launch all silos and with the game by a huge margin :)

General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Colytic wrote:

Colytic

really wish radar mod worked for me, but cant. tried downloading DEFCON 1.6 but cant but i have a screen shot of radar mod so i have a rough idea in my mind when playing the game where not to place...but i will be noob as long radar mod doesnt work for me :x . but i see your point anyways :/

also...F*ck yea level 1 :D
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
Colytic wrote:

Colytic

Ouch Ivan :)
Below the belt attack: - 2 points Coly :)

Technically speaking you can hide 5 silos. But when a good player sees that he knows with absolute precision where they are.
If he/she (lady) sees 1 visible silo then you didn't place all OR the position of your silos is completely telegraphed.
The only alternative is the one I marked on the map. ]

Attack? Where did I attack Ivan?! :O

I forgot heh, you can store them away in Iceland. But as you said, the opposition can calculate with 98% accuracy where they are.

Colytic
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 am

When you're Europe vs Africa and Russia, then you should wait until about a minute left to defcon 3 and then place all silos in Scandinavia. Your navy should already be charging hard on Russia. Scout and gather as many points as you can prior to the destruction of your silos.

The reason you do this should be obvious. Europe will be scouted in this set up. So by placing in Scandinavia, you'll at least get some utility from the silos (AA fire on enemy fighters and bombers during the naval engagement in the Arctic.)
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:47 am

kudayta wrote:When you're Europe vs Africa and Russia, then you should wait until about a minute left to defcon 3 and then place all silos in Scandinavia. Your navy should already be charging hard on Russia. Scout and gather as many points as you can prior to the destruction of your silos.

The reason you do this should be obvious. Europe will be scouted in this set up. So by placing in Scandinavia, you'll at least get some utility from the silos (AA fire on enemy fighters and bombers during the naval engagement in the Arctic.)

Good idea but it takes practice. I tried this once against a good player....
I was lucky not to be minus score.

coly wrote:I no attack Ivan.

No what I mean is, he can't install radar mod. I tried with him. I won't say why it's complicated. I though you knew about it and when you said 'when you get radar mod u will be kewl' I though you wanted to jk the guy :).
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:52 pm

The_Doctor wrote:I though you knew about it and when you said 'when you get radar mod u will be kewl' I though you wanted to jk the guy :).

You're not one of the big boys till you have the radar mod :lol:

Colytic
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 am

Colytic wrote:Sorry Deadcows. Pretty hectic game: http://arcghost.de/2v2v2/2013/July/21/2 ... _00_07.zip

Also, NewPlayer_2, ahem, SCILLIAN HOUND, 'EU looks to be noob' before the fireworks had even started flying. Why, damn you.

Um sorry don't recall this game must got the wrong guy.

Return to “The Debriefing Room”