Skynet77812 vs. PnL

Post match discussion - talk about your recent victories and losses here

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Peace and Love
level2
level2

Skynet77812 vs. PnL

Postby Peace and Love » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:01 pm

This was our second game (because of his two-game policy to prove it wasn't a fluke). Although admittedly this game was much much closer.

Important notes of setup: everything I had was hidden, with three of my airbases behind my silos. Four of Skynet's silos were seen by me, as well as three airbases. All airbases and two silos were within reach of all my subs.

Successes (both sides): Skynet was able to scout most of me at Defcon 3 because his airbases were way out there. Also he mass launched his bombers and destroyed every last one of my battleships. I also mass launched my bombers expecting his battleships to charge me, and the vast majority of his Bships were also gone. My bomber run survived to tell a tale, about 20 skynet bombers were shot down on the spot above Scandinavia by my mass fighter micromanagement. Both our submarine launches were successful, firing at least 4 or all of their nukes before being intercepted. Skynet was also able to knock out 4 of my silos early on with sub/bomber fire.

Failures: My preemptive strike killed his three airbases so he had no immediate fighter defense. It was a matter of sending bombers at him from the south so he cannot intercept, so his defense really fell apart after Defcon 1. Skynet was only able to hit a few of my bombers so in the end (although I thought I was losing) his lack of air defense let me finish off with a lead in the score. Also I can't remember clearly but his silo launch didn't seem to work too well..

I should've wrote this while it was fresh in my mind, honestly I forgot many things that happened during this game by now xD

gg :D
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Seemed like a cool game.

Glad I see a pic of your new water/land setup. Doesn't look THAT much more clear actually :shock:
JESUS
level2
level2

Postby JESUS » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:45 pm

hey , well done.

I specced about half of the fisrt game bettween the pair of you. How did that end , looked like you were well on top. Got any screenies ?
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:01 pm

Congrats! Your beating him by wider margins then I usually do, perhaps your about ready to beat me in a duel.
<Demosthenes>
level1
level1

Postby <Demosthenes> » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:16 pm

Lol, good job and congrats on the win!
Panther Unit
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:32 pm

I think either skynet77812 is really rusty from taking his "break" or is just trying to use different tactics than he's used to. Why do I say this? Well, I spec'd a game with him and somebody esle where he was Europe and watched in shock as he put all four airbases on the far eastern border next to Russia. Then, I played him a little later and didn't get quite the challenge I had hoped for. Although, in the middle of the game just before I scouted him out, he had to leave. So, we'll never know who would have won, but I've got a pretty good idea as I asked him to ally with me so I could see how I had done up to that point.

Also, I played a [Demo](insert name I can't remember here) player right afterwards with me and Asia and him as S. A. That game was much more exciting and challenging, although I had to leave mid game. I had put all my fleet just north of Central America out of radar, scouted the sole radar he had there, nuked it and was just about to move in and "walk" down S. America keeping my fleet out of his radar along the way when he was able to push me all the way back home with only my carriers remaining. Yep, no subs or battleships! I had taken out just about every bomber I think he had though as he foolishly sent them head on into my fleet, and you know how I like to micro fighters. :wink:

I was in the middle of refilling my carriers with fighters and about to nuke the last known position of his remaining "massed" fleet when I had to leave. :cry: I really wish I could have played that one through...
Rising Thunder MVP
level2
level2

Postby Rising Thunder MVP » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:35 pm

skynet buddy, you need to collect more intel before major battles. I think you've been had good and proper.
skynet77812
level2
level2

Postby skynet77812 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm

well played peace and love. Im a little rusty right now but getting better everyday. well play again soon!
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 pm

(insert name I can't remember here)

it was me :D
I had taken out just about every bomber I think he had

well, not all, I had few left just in case.
I was in the middle of refilling my carriers with fighters and about to nuke the last known position of his remaining "massed" fleet

1) I deconsetrated (or how it has 2 b said) my fleet after I killed most of yours and so nuking was not going 2 b much effective, besides, I had few battleships plus carriers, which were fully recharged w/fighters so I think u had no chance 2 destroy my fleet w\out loosing urs.
2) Six of my subs were w8ing patiently near ur coast line and all ur land-based bombers were eighter spent or used 4 refilling ur carriers wich were quit far from the coast 2 react quickly 2 my launch.

So I think I had more chances of winning; it's really sad we couldn't play it up 2 the end.

And please next time u have 2 go just say it and it'll be OK.

P.S. and some advise 4 u... when main mass of ur fleet was finished, u turned all ur subs 2 active sonar mode and I killed them w\carriers... I don't think it was a good thought 2 do like that, cos as far as I remember, they were all filled w\nukes and u had some chanse 2 save them in passive mode.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:08 pm

rus|Mike wrote:P.S. and some advise 4 u... when main mass of ur fleet was finished, u turned all ur subs 2 active sonar mode and I killed them w\carriers... I don't think it was a good thought 2 do like that, cos as far as I remember, they were all filled w\nukes and u had some chanse 2 save them in passive mode.

Well, that was a last ditch effort to get your fleet off of me... :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:46 pm

rus|Mike wrote:2 b 2 b u 2 w\ urs w8ing ur ur 4 ur 2 2 2 u 2 4 u ur u ur 2 w\ 2 cos w\ u 2

:(
shinygerbil
level5
level5
Location: Out, finding my own food. Also, doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

Postby shinygerbil » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Smiling Buddha wrote:
rus|Mike wrote:2 b 2 b u 2 w\ urs w8ing ur ur 4 ur 2 2 2 u 2 4 u ur u ur 2 w\ 2 cos w\ u 2

whut.
Here is my signature. Make of it what you will.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:51 am

shinygerbil wrote:
Smiling Buddha wrote:

whut.

Buddha has taken all parts where Mike abbreviated something and put them on 1 line.
He then proceeded to state his general thoughts and feeling about this way of writing by using an emoticon.

;)
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:30 am

Well, to be honest with you, I used to abbreviate only because native speakers do so, not because I like it myself, besides I wanted to make my reply just a bit shorter so than nobody would waste extra time while reading it. In case such style of writing seems unacceptable to someone, I can easely stick to literary version of language as far as it forms no difficulties for me.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:46 pm

rus|Mike wrote:Well, to be honest with you, I used to abbreviate only because native speakers do so, not because I like it myself, besides I wanted to make my reply just a bit shorter so than nobody would waste extra time while reading it. In case such style of writing seems unacceptable to someone, I can easely stick to literary version of language as far as it forms no difficulties for me.

The thing is that a lot of those abbreviations make it harder for people to understand what you have written, especially non-native English speakers, of which there are many on these boards. If possible, it is always preferable to write properly. ;)

xander

Return to “The Debriefing Room”