Possible Bug

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Brnthay
level1
level1

Possible Bug

Postby Brnthay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:21 am

Jobs will que permanently. There are a couple work around when this happens. But they tend to cost me a LOT of money. Most of the time it is when installing pips. Small pips were the worst.

But the screen shoot below I have is actually of a foundation. If I connect a foundation to another building they will knock out the connecting wall and use that as the entry point. However if I build back the wall and install a door the workers will not go though the door. I will then have to knock out the wall to get them to enter.

Another work around I have found is to cancel the whole job and tell them to redo it. This only work is very rare cases.

Here is a screen shoot of a qued job. This job was up for 2 days and they still have not finish building it. Don't really know why and all my above work arounds have failed.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Re: Possible Bug

Postby Xoligy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:33 am

Foundation bug is known about (when they forget to complete) the only solution right now is like you said to cancel and re-do it its a random bug ive had it happen to me a few times, money is easy to make though so i dont let it bother me. As for the workers only needing one route thats a new one to me, but then i dont know down walls and rebuild them until jobs are complete, mind you i try not to knock down walls unless im sure about it now, they cost quite abit to rebuild.
Brnthay
level1
level1

Postby Brnthay » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Hmm will have to get a screen shot of that one that. It is random like this one. Actually that give me a suggestion to. When building connecting structures I would like to have the option to have my worker not take out the common wall. The only way I have found to do this is ether space out the building or build them so there are 2 walls running next to each other. They other way is to build on big building and add rooms finish later. But if it connect to my cell block then this cause riots (prisoners cant sleep).

But thanks for the information.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Brnthay wrote:When building connecting structures I would like to have the option to have my worker not take out the common wall.

Don't overlap the foundation. If you lay a new foundation next to, but not over, a wall it'll use that wall as the fourth wall of the foundation.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
Brnthay wrote:When building connecting structures I would like to have the option to have my worker not take out the common wall.

Don't overlap the foundation. If you lay a new foundation next to, but not over, a wall it'll use that wall as the fourth wall of the foundation.

This ^

If you build foundations at night, it's actually a lot easier to see the resultant wall structure when dragging out a foundation. During the daytime, it's difficult to see the color differences. If they provide a better color scheme, it would probably result in a lot less unexpected foundation completions.

Straight walls and big blocky rooms are easy, even without coloring assistance. Other configurations are harder to visualize, and still lead to unexpected results.

Return to “Community Members”