the needs

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

jngy slate
level1
level1

the needs

Postby jngy slate » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:08 pm

hi my prisonser recreation need is not a full green bar, some of it is just white. i was wondering how i can make it a full green bar like some of the rest of my bars are full. (bladder, food, etc). i have the same problem with a few other bars like comfort and privacy. i have some tvs in the yard.
xander
level5
level5

Re: the needs

Postby xander » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm

It may simply be impossible to completely satisfy all of the prisoners' needs all of the time.

xander
jngy slate
level1
level1

Postby jngy slate » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

no i mean other needs bars go to green to the end of the bar. and they might be half orange or yellow or green, depending on what the prisoners want. but not all the bars go all the way to the end. some of my bars only go about half as far as the other bars
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:40 am

Don't worry about green just worry when the bar goes to red.

Ive never concentrated on 100% satisfaction so dont know if its possible.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Xoligy wrote:Don't worry about green just worry when the bar goes to red.

Ive never concentrated on 100% satisfaction so dont know if its possible.

I know you have me blocked, but that really does make you look kind of dense. You are replying in exactly the way that I initially replied, and, as I have now discovered, that isn't the question that he was asking.

jngy slate: I see what you mean, but I am not sure what it signifies. It might be worth taking a screenshot and reporting a very low priority bug to the tracker. I suspect that the sum of all of the bars should be the total number of prisoners, but that some of the bars are being rendered incorrectly (or something like that).

xander
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:12 am

We're talking about the fact that green bars, for some needs, never seem to extend all the way across the needs display and account for every prisoner, correct? Visually below, the green bar should include the purple portion that's highlighted. Same holds true for all the other green bars that don't go all the way across to ~30 (total prisoner count in this example).
Click to Enlarge

I'm not sure if this is a bug, so I've never reported it. Never thought to discuss on the forums either. I attributed this behavior to the fact that some prisoners don't have certain needs. It's not green, and satisfied, because it doesn't exist. Everyone has a need for sleep, food, bladder, bowels, and family. Clothing seems to be in the list as well, but is currently irrelevant to game play whether it's satisfied or not. Otherwise, some prisoners simply don't care about the other needs, which I think makes sense. Prisoners aren't supposed to be robots with exactly the same wants in life. There are people outside of prison that don't feel the need to take showers or exercise as well.

I have no idea if this is the intended explanation or if it's just a bug. Hard to tell. Most of the needs that are important to all prisoners mentioned above make sense. Family is a tough sell though since I doubt every prisoner has family to phone home to. Looks like this is the case for now.
Gondlar
level1
level1

Postby Gondlar » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:30 am

_alphaBeta_ wrote:Family is a tough sell though since I doubt every prisoner has family to phone home to. Looks like this is the case for now.

Up to now I haven't seen a prisoner with no relatives at all, so most likely everyone has someone to call.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Gondlar wrote:
_alphaBeta_ wrote:Family is a tough sell though since I doubt every prisoner has family to phone home to. Looks like this is the case for now.

Up to now I haven't seen a prisoner with no relatives at all, so most likely everyone has someone to call.

That doesn't mean that they want to call them. :P

xander
Dichotomy
level1
level1

Postby Dichotomy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 am

xander wrote:
Gondlar wrote:

That doesn't mean that they want to call them. :P

xander

:) Ahhhh, that is so true at times :)

Return to “General”