Is this game dead?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Deputy
level1
level1

Is this game dead?

Postby Deputy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I just took delivery of the game yesterday. Been playing the demo until I did. Cool game. But I originally bought it because I heard about all the "fantastic mods" that were available for the game. Now, every mod I am able to find says it is no longer available or results in a dead website. I see there are people playing online. So SOMEONE is still playing it. But what happened to all the mods? :?:
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: Is this game dead?

Postby Colytic » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:06 pm

[...]
Last edited by Colytic on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:15 pm

the game is about 7 years old now, but still has plenty in the tanker to keep you entertained, stick around for a bit and im sure you will enjoy it anyway, though i would advice that you first take peoples advice and stay in games to the end if you can, unless you have a good enough to leave then reason that's ok with most people, well ok with me at least anyway :) . With mods though, im sure there are a few still going around, though you may have not heard of them. Radar mod is one of them.

General Ivan
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:26 pm

General Ivan wrote: With mods though, I'm sure there are a few still going around, though you may have not heard of them. Radar mod is one of them.

Most mods are to help you and give you advantages in a Multilayer game. There not really for "fun" Lastly this game is well and alive, BUT it is dead during cretin times of the day. My time it is alive and well around 3-5pm US Central Time.
General Ivan
level2
level2

Postby General Ivan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:
General Ivan wrote: With mods though, I'm sure there are a few still going around, though you may have not heard of them. Radar mod is one of them.

Most mods are to help you and give you advantages in a Multilayer game. There not really for "fun"

true true hound...though i meant the game itself is fun just to correct myself there...though i do agree with you there. regarding times aswell i live about 8 hours(ish) ahead of you and games are more lively later in the evening where i live. shame i cant stay on really late to watch/play more of these games due to poor time management... :(
lacrosse1991
level1
level1

Postby lacrosse1991 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm

People are starting school again and such, they will probably return once they get situated (usually more people on)
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 pm

I would mostly describe this game as not dead but a strong zombie.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:28 am

Deputy wrote:...every mod I am able to find says it is no longer available or results in a dead website. I see there are people playing online. So SOMEONE is still playing it. But what happened to all the mods? :?:

Here you can find the mods, feel free to check the " link "

And welcome..
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 am

Thank you (MOR).
I suppose I should have stated from the getgo that I mainly play solitaire against the computer. I'm not really the "sociable" type.
School is something I finished back in 1967. :mrgreen:

"NB: that's a badass name you've got there sir." Note sure if this is addressed to me or what NB stands for. "Deputy" refers to my previous job. I was a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator for the Cook County Sheriff Dept in IL. I retired in 2002.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 am

Deputy wrote:I was a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator for the Cook County Sheriff Dept in IL. I retired in 2002.

All in good fun Deputy.

But as others have pointed out, yeah, the modding aspect of this game is pretty much kaput. I know you're not much of a social guy, but you should try out some of the online matches. In a game against a human, there's not much time for chit chat with your opponent in any case.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:08 am

So how would you rate Mike Sheahan, now that you're long done and moved away?
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 am

Deputy wrote:"NB: that's a badass name you've got there sir." Note sure if this is addressed to me or what NB stands for. "Deputy" refers to my previous job. I was a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator for the Cook County Sheriff Dept in IL. I retired in 2002.

NB is just shorthand for note. And I like the name :)

Colytic
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:33 pm

"NB: that's a badass name you've got there sir." Note sure if this is addressed to me or what NB stands for. "Deputy" refers to my previous job. I was a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator for the Cook County Sheriff Dept in IL. I retired in 2002.

Yeah I think just found your dating profile picture?

Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:29 pm

cza wrote:So how would you rate Mike Sheahan, now that you're long done and moved away?

I worked under him. Never saw so many political appointments as he did. It pretty much screwed up the Sheriff Department when he put all those appointees in there.
They got promoted over guys that had busted their butts and were better qualified for the jobs. I had no use for him. I earned everything I got. Retired after 22 years (took an early buyout).
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Colytic wrote:
Deputy wrote:"NB: that's a badass name you've got there sir." Note sure if this is addressed to me or what NB stands for. "Deputy" refers to my previous job. I was a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator for the Cook County Sheriff Dept in IL. I retired in 2002.

NB is just shorthand for note. And I like the name :)

Colytic

Return to “General”