Moderator: NBJeff

Chewbacado
level2
level2

To All the People Annoying By Execution Suggestions:

Postby Chewbacado » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Copy and paste this message:

"Hello there, [OBVIOUS 10-YEAR OLD #72]:

In your recent posts, it was discovered that you were [SUPPORTING] the idea of [EXECUTIONS].

In light of this [STUPIDITY], it is recommended you [STOP PLAYING PRISON ARCHITECT] until [YOU GROW THE HELL UP]."

The brackets indicate that this message can be used for multiple problems. ENJOY. :o
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:41 am

Please ignore this post Chewy has been warned about this post and others like it ;)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 am

blipadouzi wrote:
Xoligy wrote:Please ignore this post Chewy has been warned about this post and others like it ;)

Cool, and thanks.

If it's a post that should be ignored and the OPer has been warned about... it should simply be deleted entirely from the forums by an Admin.

That's not how these forums work. We don't pretend that idiots never exists, we just ignore them (and sometimes take away their ability to demonstrate their idiocy in public).

xander
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:10 am

I see how it is. You gentlemen aren't annoyed by all the people who want to execute prisoners for in-house crimes. All the people who act with those retarded :wink: faces.

You would understand if you were in my shoes. But you aren't and won't, so I can leave you only with a foul taste in your mouth.
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
TheXWolf
level2
level2

Postby TheXWolf » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:00 am

Hate to ruin your version of fun, but... It's a game
They've already added in that policy system, so maybe a game that puts me in charge totally should give me the right to kill off a good for nothing ingrate
who stabbed my guards with a fork he stole from my kitchen! I like that. lol I've played games where you can choose to be good or evil, and once in a while
evil prevails. So no we don't understand your plight, and since I haven't been killed recently for stealing in a prison I won't be anytime soon. :P
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 am

It's a game: a prison game. Prisons don't get to decide who to execute, not even in the films that Prison Architect also takes inspiration from.

What's next? "It's a game. Quit saying it's a stupid idea for Black Ops 3 to include a lightsaber: lightsabers are fun!"
TheXWolf
level2
level2

Postby TheXWolf » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Maybe not in UK or US, but around the world they do. Also, as I said, they've already added a policy system where I get to decide
what the punishment is for small actions that might not warrant any...something else that isn't realistic.
Policy system exists, execution room and objects exist, why can't I have a little more fun being a horrible evil
person in charge of it all? :twisted: I just don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over others asking for an
option.
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:59 pm

GC13 wrote:It's a game: a prison game. Prisons don't get to decide who to execute, not even in the films that Prison Architect also takes inspiration from.

What's next? "It's a game. Quit saying it's a stupid idea for Black Ops 3 to include a lightsaber: lightsabers are fun!"
TheXWolf
level2
level2

Postby TheXWolf » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 pm

Chewbacado wrote:
GC13 wrote:It's a game: a prison game. Prisons don't get to decide who to execute, not even in the films that Prison Architect also takes inspiration from.

Again, there's a difference, we're asking for something that's already plausible and has the requirements included in the game.
Not to totally twist a game to something that isn't even speculative and add unrelated content.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 pm

TheXWolf wrote:Maybe not in UK or US, but around the world they do. Also, as I said, they've already added a policy system where I get to decide
what the punishment is for small actions that might not warrant any...something else that isn't realistic.
Policy system exists, execution room and objects exist, why can't I have a little more fun being a horrible evil
person in charge of it all? :twisted: I just don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over others asking for an
option.

From this post by Chris:
Chris wrote:- You are supposed to be able to set punishments for complaining, but we accidentally missed this out of the Policy screen. Murder was deliberately left out of this screen, because a crime that serious would warrant a new prison sentence rather than some time in solitary.
killakanz
level0

Postby killakanz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:28 pm

I haven't been in this community for very long... but I can already see that executions are a somewhat controversial subject.
In my country Capital punishment is abolished and there hasn't been an execution since 1964, but it doesn't bother me at all that it's in this game. (Because it's a GAME, it's not asking you to execute real people).

It's all about options. You can make your prison a peaceful once, or you can make it a far right winged hell hole, as stated in the last alpha video, "where even complaints can be brutally suppressed".

It depends entirely on your style. If you don't want an execution area in your prison, don't build one. The game is sandboxy at the moment and isn't forcing you to have one. But the option is there if you want to.

Return to “General”