Is the SLOW DOWN issue been sorted in Alpha 13?!

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Bananoides
level0

Is the SLOW DOWN issue been sorted in Alpha 13?!

Postby Bananoides » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 am

Just trying to understand whether the slowdown problem reported constantly since Alpha 10 has been reduced or completely sorted during the Alpha 13... As I stopped playing due that issue which when the prison gets too big my FPS were down to 10/15 FPS maximum... Which is absolutely unplayable...

Otherwise if someone could advice me what to do to help that not to happen would be great... My PC runs 90% of the games including The Sims 3 with Graphics at their Maximum and no slowdown's at all... So I do believe will run Prison Architect as well :) (correct me if i'm wrong :P)
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 am

Welcome to the forum!

Please post comments about the alphas in the developer forum. See this sticky for info, or check the e-mail you got when you bought the game.
ctempleton3
level0

Re: Is the SLOW DOWN issue been sorted in Alpha 13?!

Postby ctempleton3 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Bananoides wrote:Just trying to understand whether the slowdown problem reported constantly since Alpha 10 has been reduced or completely sorted during the Alpha 13... As I stopped playing due that issue which when the prison gets too big my FPS were down to 10/15 FPS maximum... Which is absolutely unplayable...

Otherwise if someone could advice me what to do to help that not to happen would be great... My PC runs 90% of the games including The Sims 3 with Graphics at their Maximum and no slowdown's at all... So I do believe will run Prison Architect as well :) (correct me if i'm wrong :P)

Definitely not fixed. I think it is worse.

-Charles III
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:55 pm

Bananoides wrote: My PC runs 90% of the games including The Sims 3 with Graphics at their Maximum and no slowdown's at all... So I do believe will run Prison Architect as well :) (correct me if i'm wrong :P)

Sorry but no your wrong, this game is currently in development and has little optimization and performance improvements, the games your comparing it too has been through alpha then beta stages and had this done.
Novbert
level2
level2

Postby Novbert » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Bananoides wrote: My PC runs 90% of the games including The Sims 3 with Graphics at their Maximum and no slowdown's at all... So I do believe will run Prison Architect as well :) (correct me if i'm wrong :P)

You're wrong.
It's not a graphic-intensive game so the comparison is pointless.
And.... IT'S ALPHA! ;)

Suggestions:
Play on a small map.
No land expansion.
Maintain a smal staff.
Fire and hire workers repeatedly if the game gets laggy.
Don't build too much workshops. (if possible - don't build workshops at all)
If you do all this, you can possibly avoid lag.
bolesting
level1
level1

Postby bolesting » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:54 am

I dont know is it because I buyed strong components for my PC or its about new update, but alpha 13 work like charm for me, no slow down, no more stuck workers...AMAZING
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:45 am

Novbert wrote:

You're wrong.
It's not a graphic-intensive game so the comparison is pointless.
And.... IT'S ALPHA! ;)

Suggestions:
Play on a small map.
No land expansion.
Maintain a smal staff.
Fire and hire workers repeatedly if the game gets laggy.
Don't build too much workshops. (if possible - don't build workshops at all)
If you do all this, you can possibly avoid lag.

Exactly what this genius guy said! Run on small size prison, no expansion lands(It sometimes wont lag at all if you do only 1 expansion land) and dont overdo having more than 200 A.I in 1 time.

Return to “General”