[Suggestion] personalities, names and biographies for staff.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Anoniempje
level1
level1

[Suggestion] personalities, names and biographies for staff.

Postby Anoniempje » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Sure we can learn about the Prisoners, bu why not staff?
Currently we only know the bioggraphies for the prisoners. I'd like to see the same thing for other staff members. No longer do we have interesting prisoners and nameless faceless guards. But guards with names so we can have the amount of empathy and sympathy for the guards as we do for the Prisoners. Thats it.

edited for more clear communication and translation from thoughts in my head to words on a screen.
Last edited by Anoniempje on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommieKazie
level1
level1

Postby CommieKazie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 pm

This suggestion is similar to this one:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=3935

Which I initially supported, but I read Xander's post (which references an earlier discussion on the same subject) and I have to agree with him.
xander
level5
level5

Re: [Suggestion] personalities, names and biographies for st

Postby xander » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Anoniempje wrote:Sure we can learn about the Prisoners, bu why not staff?
They can be just as important as the prisoners and you can see which ones do their job most efficient and whom to sack or weep over when death comes in the form of a drill.

And let doctors tell you the COD.

Really? Five minutes after posting this, you decide to open yet another thread on exactly the same subject? A subject that has been discussed over and over and over again in the past? Is it your intention to be a troll?

xander
s20dan
level0

Postby s20dan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd be quite surprised if we didn't end up with more detailed staff with their own personalities further down the line.
I could see t being a lot of fun if each guard had their own way of interacting with the prisoners based on their personality and experiences within the prison.
Anoniempje
level1
level1

Postby Anoniempje » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 pm

xander wrote:
Anoniempje wrote:Sure we can learn about the Prisoners, bu why not staff?
They can be just as important as the prisoners and you can see which ones do their job most efficient and whom to sack or weep over when death comes in the form of a drill.

And let doctors tell you the COD.

Really? Five minutes after posting this, you decide to open yet another thread on exactly the same subject? A subject that has been discussed over and over and over again in the past? Is it your intention to be a troll?

xander

It looks similar because I havent elaborated it that much. it was not a troll attempt, it is not exactly the same let me rephrase the OP.

Also Xander, Stop acting like a mod, you aren't one. If you don't like it, report it. Stop posting in every thread making out like your opinion is law. I read you opinion and chose to disagree with it.
Deal with it.
Pogo
level2
level2

Postby Pogo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:06 am

While I do agree that Xander (and others) can go a little overboard on the forum-policing they do... when it comes to your decision to open a new thread on a topic just a few minutes after posting in an already existing thread on the exact same subject, I have to absolutely agree with Xander here. What was the point? Why not just add your suggestion to the already existing suggestion on the same subject?
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:33 am

Pogo wrote:While I do agree that Xander (and others) can go a little overboard on the forum-policing they do... when it comes to your decision to open a new thread on a topic just a few minutes after posting in an already existing thread on the exact same subject, I have to absolutely agree with Xander here. What was the point? Why not just add your suggestion to the already existing suggestion on the same subject?

x3, this thread is non-productive.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 am

Anoniempje wrote:Stop acting like a mod, you aren't one.

There are no mods on these boards, at least not in the traditional sense. The people with mod powers, bert and jelco, were given those powers so that they could clean up spam, not so that they could police the forums. In general, these forums are self-policing. Us crotchety old-timers try to teach the newbies the rules and help them to fit in. I'm sorry if you don't like my tone. On the other hand, you seem quite quick to take offense, so I don't feel that bad about it.

xander
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:00 am

It would be real if this place had a real mod.

The forums get in a right state sometimes.

On topic, I don't want my staff to have profile backgrounds. They should be faceless monsters at my demand without me worrying if their happiness takes a hit or if they'll be able to make their weekend golfing trip ! Not my problem :P
weeby-vuit
level1
level1

Postby weeby-vuit » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Great Idea,

Return to “Community Members”