What is to come in the future?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Apemanx
level0

What is to come in the future?

Postby Apemanx » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:47 pm

HI, all

Do any of you know where I can find info of what is planned for Prison Architect in the future? I would very much like to know? Or if someone can point me in the right direction? Meaning what the developers are planning, features, campaigns missions etc? That is, when the game officially launches...

Thanks! :D
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Some really good sources are videos on YouTube of events like EuroGamer. There should be some threads in the news sections about them.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

There are no sources that im aware off, maybe another user knows something i dont but, as far as ima ware its all hush hush but would be nice to know something.

Dogs seems to be a certainty in the future, possibly gangs and other things but like i said no one really knows.
kthor
level1
level1

Postby kthor » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:02 am

they should fix the broken stuff 1st before moving into newer things ...
Xoligy
level3
level3

Postby Xoligy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 am

Alpha: In this stage you have a working script, but it probably still has lots of bugs that need to be worked out. You might not have all your features yet, but the core of the program is running and can be tested extensively.

Beta: In this stage the program is near completion. All of the features are working and the software is often opened up to the public to test. There may still be some bugs that need to be worked out that may not have shown up in alpha testing.
julianschiavo123senior
level1
level1

Postby julianschiavo123senior » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:50 am

As far as i know by following IV's Twitch TV, Twitter & Facebook, here are some things;

1. Dogs

2. Punishment Regime

3. Gangs

4. Escape Attempts

5. New needs bar: Environment

6. New regime option for regular planned searches

That's about all i know.
Last edited by julianschiavo123senior on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 am

Prisoner processing (parole, review etc), full segregation and...

Tunnels... ;)
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:28 am

kthor wrote:they should fix the broken stuff 1st before moving into newer things ...

Maybe that is what you would like, but it's not how software development works ;)

If you want to play a version of Prison Architect where most things have been fixed, you need to wait until near the end of Beta phase, because Alpha is for adding features and Beta is for fixing bugs and optimizing the code.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
OneEyedShark
level1
level1

Postby OneEyedShark » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:57 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
kthor wrote:they should fix the broken stuff 1st before moving into newer things ...

Maybe that is what you would like, but it's not how software development works ;)

If you want to play a version of Prison Architect where most things have been fixed, you need to wait until near the end of Beta phase, because Alpha is for adding features and Beta is for fixing bugs and optimizing the code.

+1
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Actually, it would be a bit of a waste to spend time fixing things just to have them break again after adding more features that might conflict again during another alpha version. It seems counterproductive to keep things broken, but it's not really. We just need to be patient. :wink:
Athmet
level0

Postby Athmet » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:50 pm

OneEyedShark wrote:
VoiD88 wrote:

+1

Quite sensible. Been playing this alpha game since few weeks and like it very much. Really looking forward new features and eventually the beta and the bug fixing. This game seems quite promising.

Return to “General”