[Suggestion] Sandbox

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sandbox

Hell yea
77%
Nah
23%

Total votes: 44
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 pm

SowCrazy_ wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I thought that we ALREADY play in sandbox mode?(That after you finish the campaign)...

Sandbox is something you can play without limitations and i think having no money to build something and wait for the right amount of workers and so on are limitations to do something.

Thats game mode, but not sandbox. Something else. Like No Limitations mode...
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
SowCrazy_ wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:I thought that we ALREADY play in sandbox mode?(That after you finish the campaign)...

Sandbox is something you can play without limitations and i think having no money to build something and wait for the right amount of workers and so on are limitations to do something.

sandbox game : An open world, is a type of video game level design concept where a player can freely roam a virtual world and is given considerable freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives
Just a little bit crazy...
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 pm

SowCrazy_ wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:
SowCrazy_ wrote:

sandbox game : An open world, is a type of video game level design concept where a player can freely roam a virtual world

It doesnt mean that you can pay free hotdogs in game.
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 pm

thekillergreece wrote:

It doesnt mean that you can pay free hotdogs in game.

Whut?
Kolchak
level2
level2

Postby Kolchak » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 pm

So would no limitations mode be: As much money as you liked, No need for electricity, No need for water, No need to feed prisoners, No misconduct, No need to clean, No fog of war? Because all of those are available via save game editing
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:18 pm

Kolchak wrote:So would no limitations mode be: As much money as you liked, No need for electricity, No need for water, No need to feed prisoners, No misconduct, No need to clean, No fog of war? Because all of those are available via save game editing

And with those, there would only be build mode.. Ever tried the Planning tool? Has no limitations
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Kolchak wrote:So would no limitations mode be: As much money as you liked, No need for electricity, No need for water, No need to feed prisoners, No misconduct, No need to clean, No fog of war? Because all of those are available via save game editing

Recommended for noobs(No offence, or newbie, its same) who dont know how to hire a staff.

Sandbox mode for normal players..

There should be challenging mode for pro gamers...
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 pm

thekillergreece wrote:

Recommended for noobs(No offence, or newbie, its same) who dont know how to hire a staff.

Sandbox mode for normal players..

There should be challenging mode for pro gamers...

Why noobs?? just becouse you dont want restrictions and make a dream prison people are noobs?...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:51 pm

thekillergreece wrote:Recommended for noobs(No offence, or newbie, its same) who dont know how to hire a staff.

:P

xander
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:17 am

Xander, thx for being here.

Without you, I would consider all the time I spend checking here to see if there is any news on the next release a waste of time.

:idea:
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:58 pm

xander wrote:
thekillergreece wrote:Recommended for noobs(No offence, or newbie, its same) who dont know how to hire a staff.

:P

xander

lol
Novbert
level2
level2

Postby Novbert » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:00 am

That's true, but I agree that there would be nice to have in-game controls for that. As I see currently the only real objective of the game is to set up stable prisons. This could as well be done by creating an entire layout in sandbox without limitation and then starting to actually play that layout to see how it works. And I agree, it would be great if that would be supported in-game.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

I want a sandbox.
In RL. Don't have the space for it :(

On topic: I think some folk are talking about a freebuild map, not a sandbox.
We currently all use sandbox mode.
Rycr
level1
level1

Postby Rycr » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:55 pm

thekillergreece wrote:
Kolchak wrote:There should be challenging mode for pro gamers...

This game already has a "challenging mode." Just open your prison to high-risk prisoners only. For more challenge, leave it open at all times so you have to deal with the constant influx.

Good luck. Hire lots of doctors.

Prison Architect IS a sandbox game, in that it gives you the freedom to design and build your prison however you want to build it, limited only by your funds. You can achieve objectives (or avoid achieving them) by any method your budget allows. That said, a creative/free-build mode would be fun too, if only just to see what you could come up with. Ideally, you'd simply just build a prison. No staff, prisoners, money, or anything. Although the planning tool does already let you design a floorplan for free already, so a free-build mode isn't entirely necessary in my opinion. But it would be an interesting addition once they've finished alpha testing.

Meanwhile, those who want a free-build mode right now can edit their saves to give themselves boatloads of money and turn off misconduct, cleaning, power/water requirements (although I find puzzling out utilities layouts to be rather fun), etc.
I may have a paltry number of posts, but I've been around since the Pre-Nakatomi days.

Return to “Community Members”