[Suggestion] Some thoughts on what there should be!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

'X'
level0

Postby 'X' » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:15 am

Ric666 wrote:
'X' wrote:
Ric666 wrote:Top tip. Do a search before making these suggestions please. All been seen before.

No day/night cycle?! wtf...you played the game longer than 2minutes? :P

Nope you don't seem to get my point, by a day/night cycle I meant one which makes the day/night animation more obvious. A little pointless to have it being bright even in the night don't you think? And yes I'm new, but I've played long enough to know what I need to know thank you very much.

erm..ok. I think there may be something wrong with your install then if it's not obvious to you when it's day/night.
Daytime
Nightime

Or do you mean you'd like the lights to go off in cellblocks at night? pls explain.

Sir that's exactly my problem. You see, I don't get night time like shown in the picture....
'X' brings the axe!
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Ah I see. re-install, see if that works.

I've never actually heard of this problem before. Broken shaders yes but broken day/night cycle is a weird one. Get it on the mantis tracker if not there already :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Ric666 wrote:Ah I see. re-install, see if that works.

I don't see why that would help. Either the install is complete and the game runs, or it is incomplete, and the game won't run at all. Graphics drivers are a more likely culprit.

'X': what are you system specs? OS? hardware? drivers?

xander
'X'
level0

Postby 'X' » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:23 am

xander wrote:
Ric666 wrote:Ah I see. re-install, see if that works.

I don't see why that would help. Either the install is complete and the game runs, or it is incomplete, and the game won't run at all. Graphics drivers are a more likely culprit.

'X': what are you system specs? OS? hardware? drivers?

xander

Here's my system specs :
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

And I tried reinstalling the game. Didn't change anything for me :/
'X' brings the axe!
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 am

McEdy wrote:Ah, longshadows :D I just don't have them because I set my grafics to medium it seems ... My Pc is like shit :(

What about what McEdy said here? Do you have your graphics settings in-game turned down?
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:58 am

Spectre Incarnate wrote:
McEdy wrote:Ah, longshadows :D I just don't have them because I set my grafics to medium it seems ... My Pc is like shit :(

What about what McEdy said here? Do you have your graphics settings in-game turned down?

I'm confused by this thread yet again... I've never seen an ingame option to change graphic details except for Multisampling and resolution, both of which shouldn't have any impact on shadows or the day/night-cycle whatsoever...
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:00 am

Mac! There's your problem. :P
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 am

VoiD88 wrote:
Spectre Incarnate wrote:

I'm confused by this thread yet again... I've never seen an ingame option to change graphic details except for Multisampling and resolution, both of which shouldn't have any impact on shadows or the day/night-cycle whatsoever...

Huh, you're right. There's nothing under options for that... unless... he meant the Time Lapse Quality option? Which has low/med/high and could easily be mistaken for something to do with time cycles. heh
TooDAMNMuch
level1
level1

Postby TooDAMNMuch » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:29 pm

not gonna be a dick and just say "Mac there's your problem" but frankly it almost certainly is the integrated graphics card in my opinion, my GF has the same garbage prebuilt PC for her tablet and has to play minecraft on her dad's desktop due to the outdated shader version the integrated graphics card has.

is suspect possibly though that the game gracefully fails and simply isn't able to render everything instead of failing in the traditional flailing kicking screaming method of refusing to launch entirely, would be interesting to see chris's evaluation of this though as i can't be certain.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm

'X' wrote:Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

That is probably the issue. These cards have terrible OpenGL support. I'm not sure that there is going to be much that you can do about it, though IV may find a work around at some point. Check the tracker, see if it has been posted, and, if not file a bug report.

xander

Return to “Community Members”