[Suggestion] Some thoughts on what there should be!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

'X'
level0

[Suggestion] Some thoughts on what there should be!

Postby 'X' » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

This game is great and all, but I would just like to make a few suggestions for the future updates:

1. Implementation of gangs and prisoner to prisoner relationships.

Not every prisoner should co-exist in peace, there tends to be some whom can get along well with each other and vice-versa.

2. Weather and seasons.

The game is a little dull with it always being sunny and all (considering there is no day-night cycle) , therefore I feel that there is a need to add in weather, which can affect Yard days :P

3. Day-night cycle

This is by far the point I feel is most important, having it bright the whole day makes me feel that there is no point in the clock's AM/PM...

4. Adding Gardening/ Farming to Prison Labour

Prisoners should be able to help out in the gardens or can farming please be implemented as an additional source of income apart from the Workshop

Please don't rage over my suggestions considering this is the first time I'm suggesting :)
'X' brings the axe!
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Top tip. Do a search before making these suggestions please. All been seen before.

No day/night cycle?! wtf...you played the game longer than 2minutes? :P
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Wow... just... wow...

xander
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am

Day/Night cycle ...GREAT IDEA

I think being able to allocate some sort of schedule for the prisoners activities would be good too, so we can tell them when to eat, when to go to the yard, when to sleep etc.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am

Excellent! Perhaps they could also add the feature of being able to build a 'Prison' to put our prisoners in... now that would be something!

*ahem*, sorry.
'X'
level0

Postby 'X' » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Ric666 wrote:Top tip. Do a search before making these suggestions please. All been seen before.

Nope you don't seem to get my point, by a day/night cycle I meant one which makes the day/night animation more obvious. A little pointless to have it being bright even in the night don't you think? And yes I'm new, but I've played long enough to know what I need to know thank you very much.
'X' brings the axe!
'X'
level0

Postby 'X' » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm

paktsardines wrote:Excellent! Perhaps they could also add the feature of being able to build a 'Prison' to put our prisoners in... now that would be something!

*ahem*, sorry.

fat_wilf wrote: Day/Night cycle ...GREAT IDEA

I think being able to allocate some sort of schedule for the prisoners activities would be good too, so we can tell them when to eat, when to go to the yard, when to sleep etc.

I would appreciate constructive criticism but not sarcasm thank you.
McEdy
level2
level2

Postby McEdy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm

You mean shadow animations like with sonic shader mod in minecraft, right? It would look awesome but I think that it's unnecessary and difficult to implement :wink:
'X'
level0

Postby 'X' » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:20 pm

McEdy wrote:You mean shadow animations like with sonic shader mod in minecraft, right? It would look awesome but I think that it's unnecessary and difficult to implement :wink:

Yup that's exactly what I meant! :)
'X' brings the axe!
McEdy
level2
level2

Postby McEdy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:26 pm

Well as I said: too hard to implement to be worthwhile I think...
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Um, does anyone know what these last few posts are about? I have moving shadow animations and my prison turns dark during the night just fine... Maybe you guys have some graphics issues that prevent them from being shown, but these features are definitely already in the game.

Can be seen pretty good in the Alpha 11 release video from time index 10:00 onwards, where Chris demonstrates the timelapse feature. I see darkness during the night and I see moving shadows during the day...
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Silvereye
level1
level1

Postby Silvereye » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Same here: Have Darkness and Moving Shadows on the DayCycle.
My first language isnt English, so apologize when its not easy to read.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 am

I don't get it either... :?
My game has always had night time darkness where all the staff pull out their flashlights, the floodlights turn on, and the shadows during the day elongate as the hours pass, as if the sun were overhead. That is really odd that some of you don't see that. I'm very sorry for that, as well. Hope you can get that fixed somehow. :shock:

And btw, what's with the sarcastic jabs?? Maybe he has a glitch or hardware issue. As you all insist on telling people, IT'S ALPHA. ;)
Does anyone know what could be the problem with his graphics? Is it pixel shaders or something?
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:56 am

'X' wrote:
Ric666 wrote:Top tip. Do a search before making these suggestions please. All been seen before.

Nope you don't seem to get my point, by a day/night cycle I meant one which makes the day/night animation more obvious. A little pointless to have it being bright even in the night don't you think? And yes I'm new, but I've played long enough to know what I need to know thank you very much.

erm..ok. I think there may be something wrong with your install then if it's not obvious to you when it's day/night.
Daytime
Nightime

Or do you mean you'd like the lights to go off in cellblocks at night? pls explain.
McEdy
level2
level2

Postby McEdy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:53 am

Ah, longshadows :D I just don't have them because I set my grafics to medium it seems ... My Pc is like shit :(
Last edited by McEdy on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Community Members”