[Bug?] Clicking trouble

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Frannyan
level1
level1

[Bug?] Clicking trouble

Postby Frannyan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:54 pm

For some reason half time time when I click on things when saving, the game seems to ignore it. Trying to save just now took an insane long time and a lot of repeated clicking before it finally acknowledged I was clicking on anything. Similar for anything on the main menu. 10 tries clicking to hit exit. While not a constant thing, the "laggy" click is pretty regular on the main menu, just not normally this bad. Anyone else having this issue?
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Since Prison Architect is still in such an early fase of development it's still very buggy and there many memory leaks, basicly this means that your computer has to recalculate items all the time instead of just copy the previous value. Right now the game is just going to be slow responding untill the developers decide to try working on these problems (has been done in Alpha 11 and was significantly improved but it still exists)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 am

I _don't_ have this issue at all and my computer is over 5 years old.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 am

I _do_ have this issue and my computer is only 2 years old.

It usually happens when I have ordered a lot of construction work at once that takes the workmen forever, so it starts lagging worse and worse. I'm not too fussed about it though, since it isn't game-breaking and I know it's alpha ;) Also, the same problem used to persist until I reloaded the savegame in earlier Alphas but since A12 I noticed that it suddenly goes away by itself if I patiently sit it out for a time.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 am

My post was directed at knoes. My point was that, unless his computer is worse than mine (ie: very unlikely), then this problem might have nothing to do with performance.

I suspect the OP might actually be experiencing a graphics problem. It is very possible the clickable text entry window 'hotspot' doesn't align properly to the displayed text field on his display. (ie: he has to click slightly outside the text field before he can start typing.)
Last edited by paktsardines on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:23 am

I see the same. Definitely looks like memory leaks because saving/loading the same prison temporarily fixes the problem. The simulation seems like it can definitely run a large prison with many prisoners since it runs fine after a fresh load. It's just bogged down in some areas. I have also noticed the problem gets worse much faster when constructing, which may indicate that's the next place to look.

When the lag reaches a certain level, I've also noticed it's difficult to interact with the UI since mouse clicks are not being acknowledged.

Return to “Community Members”