Empty Supply truck just... sitting there.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Frannyan
level1
level1

Empty Supply truck just... sitting there.

Postby Frannyan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:43 pm

There's an empty supply truck just sitting in the road, holding up the line so nothing else can get through. Any idea how to get it to move along or is this a bug? I tried exiting and restarting the game, but it's still just sitting there.

Edit: Apparently it was waiting for the garbage to be loaded, so different question now! Any way to get the workers to prioritize tasks? Since it was sitting there a good 4 hours game time while they farted around installing wires.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Re: Empty Supply truck just... sitting there.

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Frannyan wrote:Any way to get the workers to prioritize tasks? Since it was sitting there a good 4 hours game time while they farted around installing wires.

Unfortunately no... I had a prison that ended up getting like 20 escapes because the workers decided to stop building the exterior wall and laid sod instead. :P
knoest26
level5
level5

Postby knoest26 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:45 pm

I tend to disconnect the garbage area from the road so the trucks don't stop untill I want them to
_alphaBeta_
level4
level4

Postby _alphaBeta_ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Frannyan wrote:There's an empty supply truck just sitting in the road, holding up the line so nothing else can get through. Any idea how to get it to move along or is this a bug? I tried exiting and restarting the game, but it's still just sitting there.

Edit: Apparently it was waiting for the garbage to be loaded, so different question now! Any way to get the workers to prioritize tasks? Since it was sitting there a good 4 hours game time while they farted around installing wires.

Sounds like a good reason to do major construction at night. Either that, or have plenty of workmen on staff. I've found that the middle of the day is tough on the workman, especially if you have multiple workshops going.

knoest26 wrote:I tend to disconnect the garbage area from the road so the trucks don't stop untill I want them to

Hmm, that's a good idea; I'll have to give that a try.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:26 am

That is a great idea! Only use the garbage trucks when you need them by removing the tiles away from road! It's like so... duh.

And having them work at night makes a lot of sense, too. I forget that workers are the ones that bring in the sheet metal and I assign too many worker jobs at once and then wonder why things aren't being done.

I do that with Dwarf Fortress too, all the freakin time. Why hasn't this one tiny tree been chopped down yet? The traders wagon is stuck! Oh, right, cause all the wood workers are busy making beds for the latest wave of migrants. Quick, make someone into a shitty woodcutter! We have no spare axes? What?! Dangit, somone smelt something! And so on and so forth.......

Return to “Community Members”