Suggestion: Game pauses at the start of a new hour

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

bluestrike15
level1
level1

Suggestion: Game pauses at the start of a new hour

Postby bluestrike15 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:32 pm

I have a suggestion after watching my prison of over 200 entity's run a day. I noticed that when ever a regime change happens, say to yard time to eat time, some of the prisoners move instantly while others are still trying to get their pathing to the canteen to register.

My suggestion is when ever the regime goes to a new activity the game pauses on that hour for a second or two till all prisoners guards workers etc, gets their next path figured out then the game resumes. That way prisoners aren't standing in the yard at 8:25 still waiting for their pathing to the canteen while others are already getting chow.This would help people like me who's computer starts to melt down when i have over 200 people running around. But for those whos computers Can handle the rush (lucky ********) then in settings you can toggle whether you want this to happen or not. What do you guys think?
Also for people like me who like to see their people to keep working instead of having it go for each change in regime they could also have it for each hour.
=P
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Due to the game still being in alpha the pathfinding hasn't been optimised. In the finished version it should run a lot smoother.
bluestrike15
level1
level1

Postby bluestrike15 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:47 pm

I realize that. But till the path finding is fully optimized we should get something to help with keeping the prisoners moving. While the pathfinding is done, then we should remove the option.
=P
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:06 pm

bluestrike15 wrote:I realize that. But till the path finding is fully optimized we should get something to help with keeping the prisoners moving. While the pathfinding is done, then we should remove the option.

That is a complete waste of time that could be used on the actual game instead of catering to self entitled Alpha customers. This is an Alpha it is not meant to cater to your needs. Path finding will be fixed by release I have no doubt
bluestrike15
level1
level1

Postby bluestrike15 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 pm

That actually hurt my feelings :?

Could have told me in a better way that that don't you think?
=P
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:56 pm

bluestrike15 wrote:That actually hurt my feelings :?

Could have told me in a better way that that don't you think?

I genuinely apologize, I could have and should have been much nicer. I wrongfully generalized you into a group of people.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Funny, I suggested this very thing back in Alpha 6 xD http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/viewtopic.php?t=1752

Back then, the pathfinding algorithm was working one hell of a lot slower than it does today, I almost forgot that I once complained about this problem since it's running so much faster now xD

EDIT: I just saw that the OP even posted in my topic back then, probably forgot about it? ;)
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 pm

bluestrike15 wrote:I realize that. But till the path finding is fully optimized we should get something to help with keeping the prisoners moving. While the pathfinding is done, then we should remove the option.

This being alpha they probably won't want to spend any time to put in a bridge feature that wouldn't make it into the final game.

Return to “Community Members”