[suggestion] staff

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Smiling Eve
level1
level1

[suggestion] staff

Postby Smiling Eve » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:58 pm

I'd like to see extra options for guards. For example: training for guards (either via bureaucracy or training of individual guards). This can lead (later on in the game, don't make it to easy) to guards with dogs, in house riot guards, higher level regular guards, watchtowers and so on.
hugeknight
level1
level1

Postby hugeknight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:23 am

brace yourselves !
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 am

Please circle the most appropriate reply:

( ) This is not the developer forum...
(x) Please search before posting as this idea has been suggested many times before.
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:21 pm

I've checked the list Koshensky has compiled and it wasn't in. I could be reading all week 24/7 to read all that's been written on the forum, so I didn't.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Smiling Eve wrote:I've checked the list Koshensky has compiled and it wasn't in.

Koshensky hasn't been on the forum in months.

Smiling Eve wrote:I could be reading all week 24/7 to read all that's been written on the forum, so I didn't.

The forum has a search function.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:43 pm

I do not even personally look at ideas, Very seldom I will open one if its at the very top of the developer forum (To be fair I did a search today for the idea I mentioned).

Yet I have seen those idea's at the very top literally dozens of times (I also have only been here less than one month)

I thought people like Pak and Mad were complete assholes in less than one month I realize why they act the way they do.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Search functions are terrible, don't be too harsh on people proposing repeat ideas. If they're done to death, ignore them and they'll drop off the page.

Or go ahead and post some witty comment. Just don't be an ass about it.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Person012345 wrote:Search functions are terrible, don't be too harsh on people proposing repeat ideas. If they're done to death, ignore them and they'll drop off the page.

Search functions work extremely well, I am guessing you are not even sure how to use Google properly like over 91% of people (According to the last time I looked at the statistics for university students in 2011)
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

If you hate seeing repeat ideas, why not make a new list like Koshensky has made? I''ll check it before I post a new idea.

And if you don't make such a list, quit bitching. It's my first week on the forum and I'm getting used to it. You could have said nicely that it was mentioned before and that Koshensky's list was old.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Smiling Eve wrote:If you hate seeing repeat ideas, why not make a new list like Koshensky has made? I''ll check it before I post a new idea.

And if you don't make such a list, quit bitching. It's my first week on the forum and I'm getting used to it. You could have said nicely that it was mentioned before and that Koshensky's list was old.

So you think I should create a list that I do not need because I use my brain to circumvent your ignorance? Can we make your post the new definition of "Sense of Self Entitlement"?

Actually Pak did answer you very nicely then you responded with insolence and immaturity.

It's my first month on the forums but I just choose to use common sense.
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I wanted to send you, NoOpen, a private message, but the system thinks I haven't posted anything yet so I can't.

Paktsardines did answer neutral. So did I on his answer. MAdMaN's answer would have sufficed to end the discussion and then you had to say a last word. I use common sense, thank you. And your last post was insulting.

I don't want any answers on this topic anymore, because I think everything that needed to be said was said with MAdMaN's response. And yes, I can read, there's a checkbox with Notify me when a reply is posted, thank you.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm

NoOpen wrote:
Person012345 wrote:Search functions are terrible, don't be too harsh on people proposing repeat ideas. If they're done to death, ignore them and they'll drop off the page.

Search functions work extremely well, I am guessing you are not even sure how to use Google properly like over 91% of people (According to the last time I looked at the statistics for university students in 2011)
No, search functions are terrible. I am guessing blah blah blah hurr got you ur dum hurr.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm

NoOpen wrote:
Smiling Eve wrote:If you hate seeing repeat ideas, why not make a new list like Koshensky has made? I''ll check it before I post a new idea.

So you think I should create a list that I do not need because I use my brain to circumvent your ignorance? Can we make your post the new definition of "Sense of Self Entitlement"?

Actually Pak did answer you very nicely then you responded with insolence and immaturity.

So you think he should just be clairvoyant and magically know that the list is out of date and not comprehensive, when it itself claims to be a guide specifically to stop people having to search the forums? Seems reasonable.

Most forums I've visited with suggestion sections have a huge problem with people not even bothering to glance at the stickies called "READ BEFORE POSTING" and such. The idea that you're decrying people for having read the stickies and seen "look here to see if something catches your eye or has been mentioned before, and if not - go ahead and start a new suggestion thread" is beyond stupid. Yes he could have searched. He was lulled into a false sense of security by the stickies and he didn't. Is it the end of the world? No. Acting like he's made some personal insult against you is not helpful.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:44 am

No Pak answered you completely fine and gave you all the information needed in a kind and calm manner, It should have ended there. In fact the answers are exactly the same except Mad decided to explain to you why you were ignorant.

Also the thread clearly states "It is to date" and the bottom of the post? What do you know "Last edited by koshensky on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 15 times in total" Common sense would give you an answer.

You also did not answer neutral at least in my eyes (And by the responses other peoples to) you inferred "Screw you I ain't searching I read a clearly outdated thread and that is all I will do deal with it"

If you used common sense we would not be in this situation. I did indeed insult you after I was insulted first, As already stated everything was said with Pak just because it did not hand feed you the reason you are ignorant does not take away from that fact.

Person012345 wrote:
NoOpen wrote:

So you think he should just be clairvoyant and magically know that the list is out of date and not comprehensive, when it itself claims to be a guide specifically to stop people having to search the forums? Seems reasonable.

Most forums I've visited with suggestion sections have a huge problem with people not even bothering to glance at the stickies called "READ BEFORE POSTING" and such. The idea that you're decrying people for having read the stickies and seen "look here to see if something catches your eye or has been mentioned before, and if not - go ahead and start a new suggestion thread" is beyond stupid. Yes he could have searched. He was lulled into a false sense of security by the stickies and he didn't. Is it the end of the world? No. Acting like he's made some personal insult against you is not helpful.

No I think he should use basic common sense and comprehension. I can understand if those qualities seem magical to you.

Every forum I have visited has a huge problem with people failing to use the search function. I am decrying people for not reading all of the sticky like they are supposed to. He was lulled into a false sense of security by his own ignorance as is often the case.

I am not sure why you are assuming I think he made a personal insult and it is the end of the world. Maybe it is my blunt abrupt way of typing people often can not handle strong opinions and words usually because of there silver spoon upbringing.

Keep thinking search functions are terrible breed the next race of ignorance :) Somebody has to make the next generation of laborers.

Return to “Community Members”