Suggestion: "Human rights inspector"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Daimaju
level2
level2

Suggestion: "Human rights inspector"

Postby Daimaju » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:39 pm

After reading this:
Fistalis wrote:personally I make a private holding cell, stick the most violent offenders in there, Lock the door and then wait awhile(running up the temp in the prison if need be).. usually they will off each other and I let the victor back into general population til the need arises again.

(and laughing a lot)

I thought it could be nice to add an randomly appearing "inspection team" that will check out your prison for fulfilling the needs of your prisoners (to a degree, its not a hotel after all) or if you break human rights rules by doing stuff like the above or not providing certain things for certain kinds of prisoners.
They could also be triggered if too many bad events like fights or murders happen, which would cost you penalty fees and so on.
Also, you would need to send guards with the team on their way through, so they won't be attacked etc...
There are a lot of possibilities, I was just brainstorming this.

What do you guys think?
Fistalis
level1
level1

Postby Fistalis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm

As long as I can lock the door while they are inspecting said holding cell.

"This way Mr inspector" *Click* :D
Last edited by Fistalis on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:46 pm

They might send a SAR team...and try to explain it to their relatives why they starved in a dark holding cell :P
killerx243
level1
level1

Postby killerx243 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Daimaju wrote:They might send a SAR team...and try to explain it to their relatives why they starved in a dark holding cell :P

And then my super loyal guards beat them down... I see no bad thing about this. If all else fails 160 max security prisoners should soften them up first :twisted:
TheaSamus
level1
level1

Postby TheaSamus » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:21 pm

There is a very good chance that dogs (and their handlers) will make their appearance in Alpha 13 along with prisoners digging tunnels. Alpha 12 added the foundation for tunneling by allowing the prisoners to steal tools from the workshop - So the prisoners just can`t dig their way out with their bare hands when they feel a little mistreated, as that would make digging too hard to prevent. Now you will have the dogs indoors finding drugs and other "smelly" contraband and dogs outside patrolling for tunnels. Thats what I would call a big feature -boost to the game.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't like the idea. I want the freedom to build a prison the way I see fit, I don't want some artificial game mechanic saying "no, you aren't allowed to do that". Given that they're deliberately moving towards allowing you to run your prison as an oppressive hell hole if you choose, I don't see why they would then add something that again forces you to be nice.

Edit: Although it would be alright if it tied in with the to-be-implemented penalty points system, where you could counter the penalty applied for violations with lawyers.
Novbert
level2
level2

Postby Novbert » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am

Neat idea! But I want the option to bribe them :D
Artophwar
level1
level1

Postby Artophwar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 am

Person012345 wrote:I don't like the idea. I want the freedom to build a prison the way I see fit, I don't want some artificial game mechanic saying "no, you aren't allowed to do that". Given that they're deliberately moving towards allowing you to run your prison as an oppressive hell hole if you choose, I don't see why they would then add something that again forces you to be nice.

Edit: Although it would be alright if it tied in with the to-be-implemented penalty points system, where you could counter the penalty applied for violations with lawyers.

Totally agree. I dont want to be forced to be nice but if there is a system to counter it with the lawyers I would be ok with that.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:48 am

i suggested something very similar a while ago

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... =inspector
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Novbert wrote:Neat idea! But I want the option to bribe them :D

Brilliant. I want bribing in anyway, so that prisoners can bribe guards as well.
Smiling Eve

Return to “Community Members”