BUG: Hearses not working / Workshop items stacking up

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

cat
level1
level1

BUG: Hearses not working / Workshop items stacking up

Postby cat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 am

I have encountered 2 possible bugs:

1. Hearses wont pickup corpses. I have 2 dead on morgue slabs and the hearse is parked on the street far south.
2. How do you make money with license plates? The finished plates are stacking in the workshop, but no one seems to carry them away
Ailuro
level0

Postby Ailuro » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:13 am

For the first point, could you provide a picture of what is happening?
Those have a chance of being clearer than a little bit of text.

As for point two, normally the licenseplate-fairy picks them up at midnight and puts cash in the warden's drawer.
How many midnight's (0:00) have passed since you build/used the workshop?

Also, is your prison a new one or did you use an old one from alpha 11 or earlier?
cat
level1
level1

Postby cat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:54 am

The plates problem solved itself, they disappeared at midnight and I got money.

However the hearse problem:

All new alpha 12 prison. I have one dead guard and a dead prisoner. The hearse is parked outside at the far south end of the street.
chrisjones199
level1
level1

Postby chrisjones199 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 pm

I have the same problem with the hearse. It stated on Alpha 11 with a new prison - the prisoners got in a fight and killed each other before I had built the morgue. So I built a morgue put a couple of slabs in it and the dead bodies were moved into the morgue. A hearse turned up the next day and stopped on the right side of the road near my delivery point but it hasn't moved since and the bodies stay where they are in the morgue. Updated to Alpha 12 yesterday and the problem remained. I've even deleted the hearse from the save file, but the next day another one came back and stopped in the same position. I've moved the morgue to a different position and the bodies were moved to the new place - but no-one seems to get a job to take them to the hearse.
UKBenz
level1
level1

Postby UKBenz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Which bodies are not being collected? If it's workmen, janitors or cleaners they require others of the same type to remove the body. Uhm, if that's not it if you could provide a screenshot we may be able to see into it a little more.

Cheers
chrisjones199
level1
level1

Postby chrisjones199 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 pm

UKBenz wrote:Which bodies are not being collected? If it's workmen, janitors or cleaners they require others of the same type to remove the body. Uhm, if that's not it if you could provide a screenshot we may be able to see into it a little more.

Mine are prisoners. I just read somewhere about trees getting in the way of the hearses so when i get home I'll have a look and see if thats the issue as I havent removed any trees from across the road.
UKBenz
level1
level1

Postby UKBenz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Ah yeah, trees can cause pathing issues for vehicles
BurntCornMuffin
level0

Postby BurntCornMuffin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:00 pm

Yeah, this happened to me on my most recent prison; a cook got shanked and his corpse was stinking up the morgue for three days while the hearse was wondering what to do about the tree that was growing in the middle of the road. The problem fixed itself when I finally noticed the hearse up in the corner of the map and sent a worker out to dismantle the tree.
chrisjones199
level1
level1

Postby chrisjones199 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Yep that's what it was for me in the end. A nice green tree overlapping the road. As soon as it was gone the hearse moved to the correct place to trigger the removal of the bodies.

Return to “Community Members”