did know if edit the save file

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

benpowerman
level2
level2
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:42 am

did know if edit the save file

Postby benpowerman » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:59 am

did know if edit the save file you can make a prisoner have you name.
User avatar
Check Six
level2
level2
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Sydney Australia
Contact:

Postby Check Six » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am

I don't think you can do this. What you CAN do is purchase a "Name-In-Game" tier of Prison Architect (or upgrade from your current purchase) which allows you to submit whatever name and prisoner biography you wish.

Do a search on "name in game" to find out more about this.

I really don't know the answer to your question, but that is where you can find the answer.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

I really don't know the answer to your question, but that is where you can find the answer.

That was a question? I thought it was a statement (of sorts).
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Check Six wrote:I don't think you can do this. What you CAN do is purchase a "Name-In-Game" tier of Prison Architect (or upgrade from your current purchase) which allows you to submit whatever name and prisoner biography you wish.

Do a search on "name in game" to find out more about this.

I really don't know the answer to your question, but that is where you can find the answer.

All of the data files and save files are plain text. This includes the list of names that come from the "Name in Game" tier, as well as the names of prisoners in the save file. You can change any of them to be pretty much whatever you want.

xander
Kolchak
level2
level2
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Postby Kolchak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 pm

xander wrote:All of the data files and save files are plain text. This includes the list of names that come from the "Name in Game" tier, as well as the names of prisoners in the save file. You can change any of them to be pretty much whatever you want.

xander


You mean I can indulge my inner spelling-Fascist, and improve all those bios? If so ... my life has just been healed, praise be to Xander!
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Kolchak wrote:...Xander!

Grr...

xander
Kolchak
level2
level2
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Postby Kolchak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:04 pm

xander wrote:Grr...
I'm assuming that's because I capitailsed the X ... does the preceding part not tell you I have a tendency to auto 'correct'? Anyhow, I apologise profusely

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests