Starting New and already stuck

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

DoctorErmagerd
level0

Starting New and already stuck

Postby DoctorErmagerd » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 am

So I passed the introduction and I really enjoyed it. Now I'm on a real new game with a small prison. It says to read the CEO letter, which I do. It says 1. Make a warden office and hire one 2. Have to make a holding cell instead of individual cells 3. Make a kitchen and a cafeteria 4. Build utilities blah blah blah

I'm able to make the warden's office, and assign it as office, but everything else, when I assign a room it won't let me and is associated with red blocks instead of green. I've already checked to make sure the room is at LEAST the right dimensions and had everything in it associated with the room, but it won't work. I ALSO can't install any floors once I make the warden's office, nowhere, none at all.

I would really like to enjoy this game and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer to it at all. Thanks for repliers beforehand.
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 am

WHat room are you trying to assign, and where are you trying to place it?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:50 am

Make sure the rooms you're building have foundations, if needed. A lot of rooms need to be indoors, or you'll get the red selection stuff.
NekoVF
level0

Postby NekoVF » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:51 am

I'm having the same problem. I've tried creating the rooms by making foundations and doors, dragging the box to larger than the necessary size, then fulfilling the requirements. I've tried making a massive building with foundations and then making the individual rooms with walls and doors. I'm positive I meet the requirements, but every single requirement is red and my prisoners just stand around at the delivery location. Everything has power and water. I've tried with the holding cell, kitchen and canteen - same problem each time.
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:03 am

Screenshots are really, really helpful in figuring out what is going on.
NekoVF
level0

Postby NekoVF » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Here's a folder with a few shots of the problem. I know this isn't the place to report bugs, but hey - if I'm doing something wrong I'd love to know about it before I head to the bug tracker!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d3o89100sssryi/I_tC9hWTkx

edit: All the buildings in this example were done with the foundation -> building tool, not with walls + floor.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:14 pm

NekoVF wrote:I know this isn't the place to report bugs, but hey - if I'm doing something wrong I'd love to know about it before I head to the bug tracker![/url]
It's not just the bug tracker that's for bugs, the Developer forum is for discussing them.

NekoVF wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d3o89100sssryi/I_tC9hWTkx

edit: All the buildings in this example were done with the foundation -> building tool, not with walls + floor.

What's not clear in these pictures is how you're trying to assign the rooms. The pictures indicate you're not using the room assignment tool correctly.
Piconoid
level0

I think I know what you are doing wrong.

Postby Piconoid » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I think I know what you are doing wrong.

It appears that you are only selecting one block instead of the whole of the room. You should drag the room from one corner to the other filling up all the space that you want the room to take up.

Hope this helps.

Matt.
Ailuro
level0

Postby Ailuro » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 am

NekoVF wrote:Here's a folder with a few shots of the problem. I know this isn't the place to report bugs, but hey - if I'm doing something wrong I'd love to know about it before I head to the bug tracker!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2d3o89100sssryi/I_tC9hWTkx

It would seem that you are not using the tool entirely correct.
In the first image of the dropbox, I see that some floor-pieces have a different colour.
I assume that you clicked there to assign the room.
However, you have to drag it to create an area of the dimensions you desire and/or the game wants.
NekoVF
level0

Postby NekoVF » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:04 am

Oh my goodness, I love you all. That was my exact problem - I knew it had to be something I missed, but I was completely stuck. Thank you!

Return to “General”