So the game is only $19.79 on Steam today

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Your thoughts

Unfair, there shouldn't be a discount before the release!
19%
I don't mind, the more PA players the better!
25%
I bought PA because of the sale
44%
I thought you were against stupid polls
12%

Total votes: 73
NeatNit
level5
level5

So the game is only $19.79 on Steam today

Postby NeatNit » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Personally I don't have an opinion on this, but what do you guys think?
delpiero223
level0

Postby delpiero223 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Just bought it for 17€ here in Germany. :)
Alvargon
level0

Postby Alvargon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:06 pm

XDD 13.85€ today!!!
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Take a good look at the steam forums.

A very good and close look

And see why this game should have never gone on sale.

I'll go back to those forums a week or two from now when all those threads have died, and decent content has begun to pop up again.

Amazing how people get even in a sale, to demand so much because they feel they have the right to do so.
Alvargon
level0

Postby Alvargon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm

lonewolf40000 wrote:Take a good look at the steam forums.

A very good and close look

And see why this game should have never gone on sale.

I'll go back to those forums a week or two from now when all those threads have died, and decent content has begun to pop up again.

Amazing how people get even in a sale, to demand so much because they feel they have the right to do so.

I prefer buy games on steam, is much reliable. I "prove" this game few weeks ago and when I saw that the game was in steam I plan buy the game when they started the summer offers. And now I bought that good game the same that I do with the Kerbal Space Program other "Indie" game.
It's a fact that that games sell more units on steam because valve have more range than only the author's website.
The steam forum is rarely used, but it's used.
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 pm

It's used more than you might imagine mate - we get on average 2-3 new posts per day with questions and such, some days more than others.

Buying games on Steam is great - my point about the forums was simply that the sale, which really is a gift ot those who didn't jump in at the 30$ price level, has resulted in some serious poo flipping
shovat
level2
level2

Postby shovat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Sales is what makes STEAM STEAM, if they didn't offer sales for anything and everything I think they would have an existential crisis.
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:14 pm

shovat wrote:Sales is what makes STEAM STEAM, if they didn't offer sales for anything and everything I think they would have an existential crisis.

It just sucks to see the response - I think that 'Sales is what makes STEAM STEAM' has led steam gamers to expect sales that are extremely cheap, and thats not a good attitude to have - then if you have a game that doesn't go on sale, or isn't 'sale enough' everyone throws a fit over it. I can't imagine that is a good place for a game dev to be, because now you have to think, 'If i put this on Steam I'm going to have to factor in sales of 75% off otherwise everyone will get upset'.
Alvargon
level0

Postby Alvargon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:23 pm

What do you prefer? Sell a ​​lot cheaply or sell short with a well-priced?
That's a hard decision.
misterFox
level0

Postby misterFox » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:05 pm

To me that seems a bit too high for an alpha anyway.
hugeknight
level1
level1

Postby hugeknight » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 pm

i dont mean to offend anyone here but some people simply dont understand what alpha means and they also dont bear in mind the size of the teams working on indie games.

I personally consider indie games such as Prison architect and kenshi and such to be investments because the people creating these games actually hear what gamers say and try tom implement it in the game.

I myself was an avid game pirate but when i saw gems like this i thought i should start supporting them before they die off since its a small company and every sale counts.

So yeah this game is alpha be patient steam forum posters and others.
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 pm

It's a bit of a kick in the bollocks. As I got in when it was in crowd funding stage and paid for the Name in Game. Now they are selling that privilege in a sale. The whole idea was it was suppose to be one of the tiers, yet that just pisses all over that now. Having purchased it back then and not via Steam, means we also don't get the Prison Architect trading cards either.

The only good thing is it will introduce more people to the game and the company. However, to be blunt, it's pretty fucking dumb having a sale on an Alpha release. Granted, if that Alpha release price gives them the full game as well, it's worth it. But having see the Steam forums before, so many people are going to buy it on sale, unaware it's only an Alpha build.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 pm

misterFox wrote:To me that seems a bit too high for an alpha anyway.

You're paying for the finished game. Alpha access is a bonus.

steviebuk wrote:Having purchased it back then and not via Steam, means we also don't get the Prison Architect trading cards either.

http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... -on-steam-

steviebuk wrote:But having see the Steam forums before, so many people are going to buy it on sale, unaware it's only an Alpha build.

Luckily most of them won't appear on these forums.
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
misterFox wrote:To me that seems a bit too high for an alpha anyway.

You're paying for the finished game. Alpha access is a bonus.

steviebuk wrote:Having purchased it back then and not via Steam, means we also don't get the Prison Architect trading cards either.

http://support.introversion.co.uk/custo ... -on-steam-

steviebuk wrote:But having see the Steam forums before, so many people are going to buy it on sale, unaware it's only an Alpha build.

Luckily most of them won't appear on these forums.

Thanks, I have it on Steam already. My point is, if you purchase it now, you get the Trading Cards. If you already purchased it before the Trading Card system kicked in, off Steam and via the crowd funding, then you don't get the trading cards, with no possibility to sell said trading cards later (which is an option with all the trading cards).
jztemple
level1
level1

True, there are a lot of twits on Steam forums

Postby jztemple » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 am

Yup, there is a lot of bitching and whining on the Steam forums. Somehow people feel that they are entitled to all sorts of things :roll:. Frankly, if they think it's too much to pay, then they don't have to buy it. Me, personally, I bought it because I'm happy to get what's looking to be a decent game for a good price.

Return to “General”