Suggestion: Individual Regimes and Psychopaths.

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Are these ideas good, if so which do you prefer?

Individual Regimes!
67%
Psychopaths!
30%
These ideas are not good.
3%

Total votes: 33
sacamt
level0

Suggestion: Individual Regimes and Psychopaths.

Postby sacamt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Hello, while perusing the volumes of Wikipedia, I ended up reading about Max-Security Prisons, the article mentioned how these prisoners are excluded for 23 hours a day, which got me thinking - that would be an interesting idea for Prison Architect.

Currently, there is no method to keep Max Security Prisoners locked up for a long time (except locking the doors and changing the regime for the whole prison).
I have an idea of how this would work - although I do not know how hard this could be to implement from a technical standpoint - anyway, under the "Regime" tab there could be a drop down arrow which allowed a selection of "High Security" "Normal Security(Gen Pop)" and "Minimum Security" from there you could be able to edit each regime. You should also be able to select a prisoner, and click a drop down box that gives you options of which Regime to put the prisoner on, "High/Normal/Minimum Security" and a "Custom Option", this custom option would allow you to set an Individual Regime for a prisoner, perhaps this could be saved and used on other prisoners, perhaps a group you have particular disdain for.

This would allow things to happen such as groups of prisoners eating after each-other - allowing them to share one cafeteria without mingling, e.g. Min first, then Normal and then Max Security.

I thoroughly enjoy the Batman Mythos, and would cherish the ability to build an Arkham Asylum within Prison Architect, I think therefore that Psychopaths should be implemented, these could have their own Security Rating also - which implements with the above. Psychopaths may come into the prison already classified as a Psychopath, or within a group of normal prisoners, Psychopaths would be unpredictable, and may - despite being satisfied - go on a killing spree. The Psychopaths should interact with the Psychologist who may be able to diagnose them, and eventually, cure them.

I haven't fleshed out these ideas fully, and would love to have your input, or even better - these ideas implemented.
Thank You.
Hoxie
level0

Postby Hoxie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 am

I like this idea, I was just thinking while playing that it would be very useful to have daily schedules for prisoners based on cell block (of course there would need to be a cellblock room which would encompasses individual cells), or have it based on prisoner risk like you suggested. This way you could have privileged cellblocks, or just have them following differing/rotating schedules. Riots would be easier to deal with if 2/3 - 3/4 of your prisoners were in their cell blocks.

As it stands I'm just engineering my prison to keep prisoners fairly segregated and controllable 90% of the time.
Kyle.thomson
level1
level1

Postby Kyle.thomson » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:38 am

I hope they have implement different regimes for different levels of security as I don't want my minimum security prisoner getting shanked in the showers by a mass murderer
dom.stb
level0

Postby dom.stb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:26 pm

YES!

On the regimes page, we need a regime for each prisoner type (high, med, low risk). This way we can have them eat/shower/yard/work in sittings which is much more sensible.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Yes, I hope regimes to min-max sec will get put in when the time is right.

Definitely a good idea. I also want max sec prisoners to beat up a min sec, and steal his overalls.

It could look a bit ill-fitting, as a clue. Plus he wouldn't know where he was going...

A 'search prisoner' would put him right
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Kyle.thomson wrote:I hope they have implement different regimes for different levels of security as I don't want my minimum security prisoner getting shanked in the showers by a mass murderer
Well you can do that now by just having a shower area per cell block, and set sec-level of the cellblocks.
Kyle.thomson
level1
level1

Postby Kyle.thomson » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:16 pm

asmo0 wrote:
Kyle.thomson wrote:I hope they have implement different regimes for different levels of security as I don't want my minimum security prisoner getting shanked in the showers by a mass murderer
Well you can do that now by just having a shower area per cell block, and set sec-level of the cellblocks.

Yeah but I'd rather just have 1 big shower area
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Different mental problems would be interesting, maybe Sociopaths as well? Also for regimes with the ability to have segregated schedules I think the accountant should unlock that as it would actually make sense for her to operating that and it would give the accountant a use beyond wasting money.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Juggernauter
level1
level1

Postby Juggernauter » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:23 pm

I think crazy supervillains and psychopaths are something they would leave for the mod community, but yes, I have been saying that more control over regimes would be awesome, right now I already run a normal-max prison that is divided into to exact halves of one half normal and other max. But other than having more guards on one side I can't really do much. Especially since having 2 of the same room breaks things.
Augwich
level1
level1

Re: Suggestion: Individual Regimes and Psychopaths.

Postby Augwich » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 pm

sacamt wrote:
Currently, there is no method to keep Max Security Prisoners locked up for a long time (except locking the doors and changing the regime for the whole prison).

Actually, there is a pretty simple way to lock up prisoners for an extended period of time using the "Solitary Confinement" room. Just click on the offending prisoner and then right click on the solitary confinement cell, and he'll get moved there. Then just lock the door and forget about him! :P The trick is to lock the door shortly after he's moved to the cell, otherwise the guards will come and try and move him back. Not the most intuitive solution, but it doesn't require much extra space (there's not min requirement for solitary confinement) and the rest of the prison will just function as normal.
sacamt
level0

Re: Suggestion: Individual Regimes and Psychopaths.

Postby sacamt » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Augwich wrote:
sacamt wrote:

Then just lock the door and forget about him!

It distinctly says "except locking the doors" in my quote.
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Good suggestion, and I fully support it. but this has been suggested before (and I think the devs are contemplating it), plus suggestions go in the developer forum.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:39 am

I mean its a good idea to have "crazy" prisoners but Psychopaths are undiagnosable hence the reason there is so little information on them and Sociopath is a synonym to most, Was pushed to the mainstream because the term is less intimidating. Some doctors today do agree there is a distinction but it is slight.

On the other hand the game is not going for perfect realism and most people won't understand the difference, Psychopath does have a pulling ring for most people.
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 am

NoOpen wrote:I mean its a good idea to have "crazy" prisoners but Psychopaths are undiagnosable hence the reason there is so little information on them and Sociopath is a synonym to most, Was pushed to the mainstream because the term is less intimidating. Some doctors today do agree there is a distinction but it is slight.

On the other hand the game is not going for perfect realism and most people won't understand the difference, Psychopath does have a pulling ring for most people.

Actually it is completely possible to diagnose psychopathic illnesses (psychopaths) if you look in DSM 4.

EDIT: Actually DSM 5 is out now.
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Sildaekar wrote:
NoOpen wrote:I mean its a good idea to have "crazy" prisoners but Psychopaths are undiagnosable hence the reason there is so little information on them and Sociopath is a synonym to most, Was pushed to the mainstream because the term is less intimidating. Some doctors today do agree there is a distinction but it is slight.

Actually it is completely possible to diagnose psychopathic illnesses (psychopaths) if you look in DSM 4.

EDIT: Actually DSM 5 is out now.

No its not... Antisocial Personality Disorder is the closet representation in the DSM-IV-TR or the DSM V. A very morphed model of the tiarchic is used

Return to “General”