Second Floor?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Nikk
level1
level1

Second Floor?

Postby Nikk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:25 am

I think it would be cool if they added a feature that allows you to build a second floor for the prison. It would have to have a different view mode, and you would have to activate the mode to be able to see the second floor.

Anyone else think this is a cool idea?
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:26 am

Hell yeah! *high fives*.

*needs a scotch.*
julianschiavo123senior
level1
level1

Postby julianschiavo123senior » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:02 am

Yesssss!!!!!!!!! :D
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:10 am

It has been discussed before, and the general consensus was that all an extra floor (or floors) would provide is more room, and as there are large maps, and now the ability to buy more land, it seems like this might never come to fruition sadly.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
Jackdapantyrip
level4
level4

Postby Jackdapantyrip » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:46 am

It sure would add a new dynamic to water pressure..

I hope water towers get added.

If it had a really 'fluid' transition from level to level I would like it.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:02 am

I'd disagree with multiple floors just because it would be too confusing. Dynamic water pressure, yes, (you should need multiple pumps in a large prison, like you need multiple power stations), water towers seem kind of unnecessary.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 am

paktsardines wrote:*needs a scotch.*

I've got a 21 year old Auchentoshan that needs to be finished if you are ever in town. And most of 25 year old Talisker, though, honestly, I prefer the Auchentoshan.

xander
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 am

Phwar.. To be honest, the chances of me being in your town weren't too high. The odds have now sky-rocketed.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 am

Sounds nice idea, and how to view it by clicking a new view button, like in The sims 3 where you can see second floor, third or basement..

That would sound challenging
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 am

Just to clarify, there was just a hint of sarcasm in my first post... ;)
Nikk
level1
level1

Postby Nikk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

It would seem to complicated and would only work if they did it well, and that is pretty hard. but so far they have done well with the game so we will see
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Nikk,

I'm really unsure if it was the devs that were mentioning that it doesn't seem to be practical to add other floors, but as I was saying, it will only give you an increased area for your prison to expand. With the large map, and the ability to purchase adjoining plots of land, it seems that it might be superfluous to needs. Whether it is easy, complicated, or near impossible to code is not an issue.

Whilst it might be fun to build several floors, with a basement for utilities, ground floor for administration and visitors etc, different floors for different classifications of prisoners, it doesn't look like it is being looked at just yet.

But....

This IS an alpha. We can only just wait and see what happens as each new iteration of the game brings.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
Nikk
level1
level1

Postby Nikk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:04 am

Check Six wrote:Nikk,

I'm really unsure if it was the devs that were mentioning that it doesn't seem to be practical to add other floors, but as I was saying, it will only give you an increased area for your prison to expand. With the large map, and the ability to purchase adjoining plots of land, it seems that it might be superfluous to needs. Whether it is easy, complicated, or near impossible to code is not an issue.

Whilst it might be fun to build several floors, with a basement for utilities, ground floor for administration and visitors etc, different floors for different classifications of prisoners, it doesn't look like it is being looked at just yet.

But....

This IS an alpha. We can only just wait and see what happens as each new iteration of the game brings.

That is true. I guess we will have to wait and see, I guess it is pretty early to try and implement different floors for the prison in the game just yet.

Thanks for your input!:)
spartanlemur
level0

Postby spartanlemur » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Yeah, I'd like the ability to build two or three floors up so I can stack cell blocks like in many large RL prisons. If this would take dev time away from other important features like more prison events/politics/womens' prisons though I think it can be passed over, as we do already have the space to expand.
tompalmer
level0

Postby tompalmer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:23 pm

spartanlemur wrote:Yeah, I'd like the ability to build two or three floors up so I can stack cell blocks like in many large RL prisons. If this would take dev time away from other important features like more prison events/politics/womens' prisons though I think it can be passed over, as we do already have the space to expand.

oh a paradox guy :)

on the topic, last game I saw put a second floor correctly was .. the sims ?

Return to “General”