Suggestions and questions (Guard Dogs and Dog Rehab program)

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Sillyway
level0

Suggestions and questions (Guard Dogs and Dog Rehab program)

Postby Sillyway » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:38 pm

I know Alpha 11 was released not too long ago and you are probably just experimenting with inmates and releasing them, but I still do have a question about this.

The prioners to me are released way too fast. I barely had two prisoners for 24 hours and both was released before that mark. Any possibilities in the future that you will be able to choose, when creating a new game, how many PA-days a year is? Will there be a bonus from releasing a prisoner?

I LOVE dogs. Is it possible to add guard dogs in the future to chase down escapees? Prisoners pretty much run as fast as guards, dogs will run twice as fast. Guard dogs are assigned to the guards manually. You will need a special room for Guard dogs as they need rest and food sometimes. Also costs a little for hiring a Guard dog.

I have seen that one way to rehab prisoners is to make good deeds, one rehab way is to rehab homeless, injured or neglected dogs. Is it possible to add a similar feature to PA? A suggestion how this is working:
Prisoners are asked upon arrival if they want to join a rehab program for dogs. Some might say no and others might say yes. Let's say one said yes. You will then be able to click on the prisoner, there will be a button to assign a rehab dog. You will get a list of a few dogs that has been neglected and need aid. His/Her name and a few words about this dog like "hit by car", "neglected by owner" and also how long rehab time this dog might require, also how many days left before the dog is no longe available for rehab. The dog will stay in the prisoner's cell but will require a food/water bowl (same object) and a bed, each taking a 1x1 spot. The rehab program will count as an assignement/work. Activities or things that happens in the prison might have a positive or negative impact on the dogs rehab and might increase/decrease the time by one or two days. Rehab dogs can interact with each other in a friendly or unfriendly way. If the dog is unfriendly towards the other dog (both dont have to be unfriendly) it will have a negative impact on the rehab and the prisoner also need to adres this and teach the dog positive behavior towards others.
Dogs (in future uptades) also varies in breeds, colors and markings.

And how does this affect the prisoner that rehabs a dog?
It calms him and he will become less aggressive and a better inmate. Slightly. He will just behave.. :)

What if the prisoner is released before the dog's rehab is finished?
The dog will be added to the rehab list again with the countdown reset and much longer than before depending on how far the rehab went, but the progress (if any) remains. Any prisoner will be able to continue where the last one ended.

What happens when the dog's rehab is finished?
This counts as work and a small fee for the one that adopts the dog.

I hope this is not too much to ask for. I still want it to be YOUR game. :3

EDIT:
I also bought the "Name in the game" edition or something like that. How does this work? When will I be able to add my name in the game and how do I do it? :o
Last edited by Sillyway on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synthetic Systems
level0

Re: Suggestions and questions

Postby Synthetic Systems » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Sillyway wrote:EDIT:
I also bought the "Name in the game" edition or something like that. How does this work? When will I be able to add my name in the game and how do I do it? :o

chris and the team will do this for you. it may take some time before it happens but it will happen
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Once you've done this you'll need to wait for the name to be approved and then it will be added to the following release.
Sillyway
level0

Postby Sillyway » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:04 pm

MAdMaN wrote:

Once you've done this you'll need to wait for the name to be approved and then it will be added to the following release.

Thank you! :) Did it and was authorized.. :D I will be looking forward to see my Emil "Sillyway" in game next patch.. ;3
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Re: Suggestions and questions (Guard Dogs and Dog Rehab prog

Postby Sildaekar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Sillyway wrote:The prioners to me are released way too fast. I barely had two prisoners for 24 hours and both was released before that mark. Any possibilities in the future that you will be able to choose, when creating a new game, how many PA-days a year is? Will there be a bonus from releasing a prisoner?

This has been addressed too many times to count, look at some of the posts on the 1st page of this forum and the developer forum.

Sillyway wrote:I LOVE dogs. Is it possible to add guard dogs in the future to chase down escapees? Prisoners pretty much run as fast as guards, dogs will run twice as fast. Guard dogs are assigned to the guards manually. You will need a special room for Guard dogs as they need rest and food sometimes. Also costs a little for hiring a Guard dog.

It is already being added into the game. View the developer forum.

Sillyway wrote:I have seen that one way to rehab prisoners is to make good deeds, one rehab way is to rehab homeless, injured or neglected dogs. Is it possible to add a similar feature to PA? A suggestion how this is working:
Prisoners are asked upon arrival if they want to join a rehab program for dogs. Some might say no and others might say yes. Let's say one said yes. You will then be able to click on the prisoner, there will be a button to assign a rehab dog. You will get a list of a few dogs that has been neglected and need aid. His/Her name and a few words about this dog like "hit by car", "neglected by owner" and also how long rehab time this dog might require, also how many days left before the dog is no longe available for rehab. The dog will stay in the prisoner's cell but will require a food/water bowl (same object) and a bed, each taking a 1x1 spot. The rehab program will count as an assignement/work. Activities or things that happens in the prison might have a positive or negative impact on the dogs rehab and might increase/decrease the time by one or two days. Rehab dogs can interact with each other in a friendly or unfriendly way. If the dog is unfriendly towards the other dog (both dont have to be unfriendly) it will have a negative impact on the rehab and the prisoner also need to adres this and teach the dog positive behavior towards others.
Dogs (in future uptades) also varies in breeds, colors and markings.

And how does this affect the prisoner that rehabs a dog?
It calms him and he will become less aggressive and a better inmate. Slightly. He will just behave.. :)

What if the prisoner is released before the dog's rehab is finished?
The dog will be added to the rehab list again with the countdown reset and much longer than before depending on how far the rehab went, but the progress (if any) remains. Any prisoner will be able to continue where the last one ended.

What happens when the dog's rehab is finished?
This counts as work and a small fee for the one that adopts the dog.

I hope this is not too much to ask for. I still want it to be YOUR game. :3

Rehab program has already been suggested. See the developer forum

See the developer forum. http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... php?t=1805

Just a crazy thought of mine: Why is it so hard for people to simply just look at things already posted before them? And why do people continue posting suggestions in the general forum when it has been stated numerous times that they go in the dev forum? Hmm...
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Sildaekar wrote:Just a crazy thought of mine: Why is it so hard for people to simply just look at things already posted before them?

Because it's easier to start a new post instead of searching to see if the topic has already been brought up before.

Sildaekar wrote:And why do people continue posting suggestions in the general forum when it has been stated numerous times that they go in the dev forum? Hmm...

People don't read stickies and/or can't see the dev forum as they haven't activated their accounts.
Jasonmm92
level1
level1

Postby Jasonmm92 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:48 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:Just a crazy thought of mine: Why is it so hard for people to simply just look at things already posted before them?

Because it's easier to start a new post instead of searching to see if the topic has already been brought up before.

Sildaekar wrote:And why do people continue posting suggestions in the general forum when it has been stated numerous times that they go in the dev forum? Hmm...

People don't read stickies and/or can't see the dev forum as they haven't activated their accounts.

WHO CARES HOW MANY TIMES ITS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THE PAST , you guys are least welcoming group of forum admins I have ever seen. Really this guy took time and effort away from his day to compose a thoughtful post and your worried whether or not its a 'new' thought or original idea. ITS NEW TO HIM AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Your correct response is to say HI , welcome to the community , thank them for the post and interest in PA , then either reply , or start linking them to the correct threads and or different Forums.

If your burnout already as a forum ADMIN , its time to quit.

GEESH learn your job !!
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Jasonmm92 wrote:
MAdMaN wrote:

WHO CARES HOW MANY TIMES ITS BEEN BROUGHT UP IN THE PAST , you guys are least welcoming group of forum admins I have ever seen. Really this guy took time and effort away from his day to compose a thoughtful post and your worried whether or not its a 'new' thought or original idea. ITS NEW TO HIM AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Your correct response is to say HI , welcome to the community , thank them for the post and interest in PA , then either reply , or start linking them to the correct threads and or different Forums.

GEESH learn your job !!

#1: I'm not an admin

#2: Yes he took time out of his day to come up with that, but he could have spent a whole 10 seconds searching and saw that it had already been posted

#3: I did refer him to the correct forum

#4: Again I'm not an admin, I can understand how some people are too lazy to search for something, but I cannot understand how someone can be too lazy to look under a posters name and see that they are not an admin.

#5: It's burnt-out not burnout

#6 Again, not an admin...maybe you should get your eyesight checked?

#7: I do know my job, I am a private investigator, a student, a full time father, a programmer, and I do very well in all of it.
Jasonmm92
level1
level1

Postby Jasonmm92 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Nice speech

if your not a admin , then do you think , just maybe , just maybe, I wasn't talking to you ?
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Jasonmm92 wrote:Nice speech

if your not a admin , then do you think , just maybe , just maybe, I wasn't talking to you ?

I don't see where one admin posted on this thread. So were you talking to yourself? ...you know they have medication for that these days.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Sildaekar wrote:So were you talking to yourself? ...you know they have medication for that these days.

Maybe I should get some of that.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
Sildaekar wrote:So were you talking to yourself? ...you know they have medication for that these days.

Maybe I should get some of that.

You shut up!
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Both of us here need that medication too!
I don't.
Shut up you!
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Check Six wrote:Both of us here need that medication too!
I don't.
Shut up you!

Who are you talking to?

Dude, they are talking to themselves.

How would you know that?

I just do!

...yeah, maybe we do too...
Sillyway
level0

Postby Sillyway » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:17 pm

First of all. Sorry for not reading suggestions and stuff that will be added later in the game. I did not know. At least I read the subjects of some on the first page and did not find anything about this, I was probably too busy and blind and happy about the idea about these things to even be able to see if someone else even had this suggestion. SORRY for being too happy and trying to help a little! You guys kind of ruined the joy for your negative replies.
As one said, maybe telling me kindly that this have already been suggested and a "welcome" to the community wouldn't have ruined my day.

Oh, And I am not a GUY. -.-

EDIT: Please mods, lock/remove this thread..
Last edited by Sillyway on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”