Laundry Architect: Work-Around for Laundry Bug

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Alzeric
level1
level1

Laundry Architect: Work-Around for Laundry Bug

Postby Alzeric » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:39 am

Hi everyone, Alzeric here. If like me you have been experiencing the Laundry bug and it's been preventing you from enjoying building and ruling your prison with kid gloves or an iron fist, comes Laundry Architect!

So your Prison is littered with dirty undies and uniforms! (see below)

and have a backed up Work Queue (see below)

and of course your lazy prisons are procrastinating and standing around with their thumbs up their bums (see below)

Well fret and toil no longer, Laundry Architect to the rescue! Now this isn't some magic cure, however it 'SHOULD' make things a little easier on you, by removing all that dirty laundry and bugged work queue jobs, your prisons should start delivering fresh, crisp, clean laundry to your prison population once again.

Laundry Architect is fairly self explainitory and has easy to read/understand instructions.

How does this work?
Thanks to the extremely easy to read/access/understand save files provided by prison architect and how the entire game is kept in a line-by-line text file, Laundry Architect reads through your save game file and removes all instances of the dirty laundry causing the issues and riots.

Is it safe and free from virus and other little nasties?
From virus's and nefarious coding, Yes of course, and I've even provided the source code for proof and more as a learning tool for those budding programmers out there.

Will it ruin my prison?
All I can say is it hasn't hurt any of the prison save files I've ran through it, without further testing I have no idea. Technically it should be fairly safe. Post your experiences with it in this thread, if you love it, or if you are having issues with it.

What OS (Operating System) was this tested on?
I coded/tested this on:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1

REQUIRED
.Net Framework 4 Client Profile [HERE]

I have not tested it on any other OS as I don't have access to any others. It is a windows .exe file so if those of you on other OS's can test this it that would be great. If this is received well I may write a cross-platform version for all our friends on linux and macs.

Current Version: v1.01

VirusTotal Scan: RESULT

Last edited by Alzeric on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bamwich
level1
level1

Postby Bamwich » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 am

I'll give it a run. Maybe that'll prevent mass murder.
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:37 am

Yeh it should definitely help alot. I'm also working on adding DeadBody Removal too, for those with those types of issues too.
weeweeduckerman
level0

Postby weeweeduckerman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:35 am

Thanks man! nice job- and I totally pre-thank? you for a dead body removal tool- great idea!
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:41 am

I laughed at your post, although I wouldn't touch this download with a cattle prod.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:05 am

From what I gather there's going to be a sort of Alpha-Hearse that comes in.

But it's skin is still just an ambulance that the paramedics ride in.

So I'd suggest working on maybe fixing other issues like prisoners staying hot glued to their chairs and beds after they're supposed to go elsewhere.
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:08 am

christhekiller wrote:From what I gather there's going to be a sort of Alpha-Hearse that comes in.

So I'd suggest working on maybe fixing other issues like prisoners staying hot glued to their chairs and beds after they're supposed to go elsewhere.

Yeh I watched the LiveStream on Twitch.TV, just not certain when it'll be released (Alpha 11).

This is basically nothing more then a savefile editor, none of the pathing / behaviors appears to be stored in the savefile. Most the time some of these issues can be solved by moving furniture/beds/chairs around a bit. Not a optimal solution but about the best advice I can give. I still can't keep my guys in the Laundry from being grouped up in a big man hug during work hours. Occasionally you and "unstick" them by removing all the jobs from the deployment menu, and then re-adding them. But after awhile they'll just end up back there again. Just a qwirk we have to live with till Chris can get the changes pushed out.

@weeweeduckerman Thanks I appreciate it, I'll try getting that added in the next day or so.

@HerrJoebob Appreciating you stopping in and seeing what this was about anyways, no problem not trusting it, a lot of baddies on the internet these days. I'm just offering a relief from the pains we're all feeling on this build with laundry, riots, and low risk harmless prisoners turning into ravenous and murderous fiends cause they have stinky undies.

And before anyone starts moaning about it.
VirusTotal Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c9dc ... 371531975/
FabioV24
level0

Postby FabioV24 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am

I found another work around for this.

Dont place beds in any corners !

If beds are not in any corner the laundry will always be dropped in a good place.

Just redesigned my 160 cells and it seems to work.
Alzeric
level1
level1

Postby Alzeric » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 pm

FabioV24 wrote:I found another work around for this.

Dont place beds in any corners !

If beds are not in any corner the laundry will always be dropped in a good place.

Just redesigned my 160 cells and it seems to work.

+1 Fabio
I've also found this to be true, most of us are used to making 3x2 cells for spacing issues I think and that is wear the problem arises from. The prisoners just chuck their soiled clothing on the rafters and the fat guy pushing the laundry cart can't jump that high LOL.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

As long as it's not in a four cornered wall then it should be fine. My prisoners seem to be able to walk through walls in order to get all clothing.
Bamwich
level1
level1

Postby Bamwich » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 pm

worked for me. nice band-aid until things get sorted out.
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:49 am

HerrJoebob wrote:I laughed at your post, although I wouldn't touch this download with a cattle prod.

I actually laughed at the Laundry Architect logo.
LViThN
level0

Postby LViThN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 pm

My hero
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Alzeric wrote:
christhekiller wrote:From what I gather there's going to be a sort of Alpha-Hearse that comes in.

Yeh I watched the LiveStream on Twitch.TV, just not certain when it'll be released (Alpha 11).

This is basically nothing more then a savefile editor, none of the pathing / behaviors appears to be stored in the savefile. Most the time some of these issues can be solved by moving furniture/beds/chairs around a bit. Not a optimal solution but about the best advice I can give. I still can't keep my guys in the Laundry from being grouped up in a big man hug during work hours. Occasionally you and "unstick" them by removing all the jobs from the deployment menu, and then re-adding them. But after awhile they'll just end up back there again. Just a qwirk we have to live with till Chris can get the changes pushed out.

@weeweeduckerman Thanks I appreciate it, I'll try getting that added in the next day or so.

@HerrJoebob Appreciating you stopping in and seeing what this was about anyways, no problem not trusting it, a lot of baddies on the internet these days. I'm just offering a relief from the pains we're all feeling on this build with laundry, riots, and low risk harmless prisoners turning into ravenous and murderous fiends cause they have stinky undies.

And before anyone starts moaning about it.
VirusTotal Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c9dc ... 371531975/
Virus scans only detect known viruses. Some more advanced protection software, like Kaspersky, can catch malicious programs in the act, but I don't believe virustotal does this sort of testing. For unpopular applications, no virus scan can guarantee safety.
smallsnail
level0

Postby smallsnail » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Thank You Very Much!

Return to “General”