Violence

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:24 pm

Private Bunner wrote: You don't even have a clue who you're talking to. I am a FIDE MASTER with a 2311 FIDE rating.

Congrats. You're speaking to one of the approximate 2500 people in the world who are actually a International Master. Evidently you don't have a clue who you're talking to either.

NeoThermic
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:30 pm

We started playing chess before school last year, as there wasn't really anything else to do (and our principal banned chess for being inapropreate for school, go figure, we do it anyways). This one stupid freshman tried to play and loss 3 times in five minutes without either side losing a peice. :roll:
Private Bunner
level1
level1

Postby Private Bunner » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:38 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Private Bunner wrote: You don't even have a clue who you're talking to. I am a FIDE MASTER with a 2311 FIDE rating.

Congrats. You're speaking to one of the approximate 2500 people in the world who are actually a International Master.NeoThermic

Sure you are kid. You wouldn't even know what an IM is unless you googled it. Saying you're an IM when hiding behind your monitor does not make you an IM kid. I am 100% positive you are a moron who probably wouldn't even make it to "B" class with years of study. Your comments about chess make it all to obvious. Interesting how you backed down from playing a few games. I guess you wanted it to be obvious to EVERYONE that you're nothing more than a bullshitting little punkass.
Private Bunner
level1
level1

Postby Private Bunner » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:41 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
Private Bunner wrote:<ad hominem attack here>

Waiting to hear a creative excuse why the kid is backing down

NeoThermic

Neo boy, were you dropped on your head alot of times as a child? You can't possibly be this mentally retarded naturally.....could you? Let's play a set of 6 very fast (so you can't cheat with a computer) chess games and we'll let all the forum participants watch as the wannbe bullshitter who claims to be an IM get's his gay ass kicked.
Private Bunner
level1
level1

Postby Private Bunner » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:45 pm

Rogviler wrote:Heh, if this guy's serious and not just someone who's so bored they want to see if they can get a pawn account banned (heh, chess tie-in), then I'd at least like to know where he lives so I can move far away.

Far, far, away.

-Rog

Don't worry kid. Your family income which is derived from your street-corner prostitute mother and unemployed father isn't enough to afford to live in my neighborhood.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:11 am

Private Bunner wrote:
I want bother wasting my time challenging you to a few chess games to prove my point.

Private Bunner wrote:Interesting how you backed down from playing a few games. I guess you wanted it to be obvious to EVERYONE that you're nothing more than a bullshitting little punkass.

Actually, he would have to be challenged first in order to then back down. But you didn't challenge him until after you accused him of backing down. :wink:
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:21 am

Ok, five points for anyone who spotted this one. First Private Bunner posts this:
Private Bunner wrote:Interesting how you backed down from playing a few games.

If anyone can find the offer of the games that was made *before* the above quoted post, please let me know.

Then he posts this:

Private Bunner wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:
Private Bunner wrote:<ad hominem attack here>

Waiting to hear a creative excuse why the kid is backing down

NeoThermic

Neo boy, were you dropped on your head alot of times as a child? You can't possibly be this mentally retarded naturally.....could you? Let's play a set of 6 very fast (so you can't cheat with a computer) chess games and we'll let all the forum participants watch as the wannbe bullshitter who claims to be an IM get's his gay ass kicked.

I prefer to have a quick play with the search. You've made 20 posts on these here forums. Your first few posts were aright, commenting that you, too, hate people who demand others to speed up. Then you make a post admitting that you cheat in games of Defcon using the ship exploit. You then go on to posting in this thread, where every single post you've made is an insult at the people who posted something about chess and/or argued against you.

I don't care what you think of me, what you believe, what you say about me being a "wannbe[sic] bullshitter". I also don't quite care for any of your posts now. It's clear that you can't construct an argument without resorting to a bunch of whines and empty threats and insults.

I'm not going to feed the troll any more. I'm just going to ban you for the simple reason that, to be frank, we don't want your kind here. If you ever get the chance to read this post before I ban you, here's a hint for the rest of your life: if in an argument, don't resort to personal attacks less you want to (at best) be sued, or at worst, killed.

If anyone thinks I'm being unfair in this ban, I really do welcome your opinion and will review them with an open mind, but for now, good bye Private Bunner, and thanks for playing.

Oh, and one last thing, using gay and homosexual as insults is rather pathetic and narrow minded. Especially when you do not know the sex of the person you're talking to.

NeoThermic
BrianBlessed
level4
level4

Postby BrianBlessed » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:26 am

Private Bunner wrote:Don't worry kid. Your family income which is derived from your street-corner prostitute mother and unemployed father isn't enough to afford to live in my neighborhood.

You don't know anything about neighbourhoods. I'm an estate agent, one of the top seeded estate agents in the country no less. You don't know shit about the concept of social communities and their economic relevences. You're just some semi-autistic chess player who can't even grasp the basics of a leasehold agreement. So why don't you go cry back to your rent control agreement your mother and/or significant other setup for you and leave the big talk to the big boys, who are properly seeded estate agents.

All you can actually do is calculate a finite number of moves in an arbitrarily small game, you have pathetic little knowledge of the economics of property. Infact being a top seeded estate agent makes far me better than you, immeasurably so, both morally and financially. Because I have lots of money you see.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:58 am

NeoThermic wrote: You then go on to posting in this thread, where every single post you've made is an insult at the people who posted something about chess and/or argued against you.

NeoThermic

It's not fair.
I took a stab at him too, but he ignored me :(
Actually, everyone ignored it (even Mas, who's back I covered :P )

*goes off to cry in a corner*

:P :P :P

In all seriousness, you got my full support for that ban, Neo. Not that you need it, but hey ;)
Rogviler
level2
level2

Postby Rogviler » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:07 am

NeoThermic wrote:I'm just going to ban you...

Well, I didn't want to actually request that, but woo hoo! I was glad when you joined in the conversation, frankly, for that reason.

-Rog
OAM
level2
level2

Postby OAM » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:30 am

I feel happy. He reminds me of Kepplar's Planet who was the biggest n00b I've seen ingame, the style is so simaler I'm almost 100% sure, because he asked me questions to prove how smart I was, I got them all right, then he said I missed them 10 minutes later even after he admited I got them right... same kid definatly.
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:51 am

Private Bunner wrote:Kiddo, you need to do some research, perhaps in the company of your mother or nurse, and learn what an analogy is. After that, put on your lucky dunce cap and *try* to learn some other English 101 basics. His statement was in no way shape or form an analogy. It was a mindless assumption and gross overgeneralization. Two hallmarks of a low IQ and in this case, incontrovertible proof that he knows nothing whatsoever about the game of chess, and plays at the rank beginner level.

An analogy is any comparison drawn between two subjects based on like features. More strictly, in the field of logic it is when one similarity (e.g. the impersonal sacrifice of pieces) is used to derive or highlight another similarity (e.g. the absence of 'violence'). Notice I made the relevance to Mas Tnega's comparison rather explicit there, in case your grasp of the concept was a little too tenuous for you to make the link yourself.
Whatever your score in an IQ test, it is doubtless dwarfed by the one you earned in the PCL-R.

NeoThermic wrote:

Congrats. You're speaking to one of the approximate 2500 people in the world who are actually a International Master. Evidently you don't have a clue who you're talking to either.

NeoThermic

This is the first and last time I shall say 'PWNED!'. You may be a FIDE master, but he's a bona FIDE master ;)
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
MrBunsy
level5
level5

Postby MrBunsy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:42 am

Hehehehe.

I'm surprised you didn't ban him sooner, actually NeoThermic.
LordSturm
level4
level4

Postby LordSturm » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:24 am

I wouldn't call it violent, but it sure has some suggestive themes of violence.

The game with a tag line "Everybody Dies" may sound very violent, but remember it's not something you can actually go and immaturely do in real life. ( Keep George Bush away from the game, and we are all safe. )
"Surely you didn't mean to press that button just then did you?"
"No, nor will i disarm the nukes."
"Oh well, I will have my Fighters shoot them down."
"Sure you will."
"Oh NOES, ITS BEEN PATCHED!!!"
tl8
level1
level1

Postby tl8 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:28 am

LordSturm wrote:. ( Keep George Bush away from the game, and we are all safe. )

LOL :D :D :D

And keep John Howard away from George Bush.
Check out my Avatar at http://orbit.m6.net/Forum

Return to “General”