[Suggestion] Obvious UI Overlay when in Emergancy State

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

praguepride
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Obvious UI Overlay when in Emergancy State

Postby praguepride » Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

When you click on lockdown or bangup there should be some kind of graphical overlay to show that your prison is on alert. Perhaps tint the screen around the edges in red and have a big bold LOCKDOWN at the top.

The primary purpose for this is to prevent users from accidentally clicking an emergancy status (like from the report bug) so they see odd behavior from prisoners and staff without knowing the cause.

The secondary purpose is that from an immersion factor there should be alarms blaring and obvious signs that the prison is in lock down. NOTE: If you do go with an alarm have it loud at first but quickly fade away. Evil Genius had a serious issue with when you put your base on red alert the annoying alarm blared CONSTANTLY and LOUDLY and many end-game bases were permanently on red alert so you had to disable sound or go insane.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 pm

I like it +1
Illetier
level0

Postby Illetier » Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Dito. +1

I remember lockdown from the first version I used (Alpha 3 or 4?) to be somewhat more obvious. Lately it's kind of hard to tell and happens sometimes that you accidently click on the lockdown button without noticing.
Gimmic
level0

Postby Gimmic » Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 am

Instead of tinting the UI, why not incorporate it into the prisons? Change the lighting, make slight red pulsing lighting for lockdown..

Make lights a deployable option which increases odds of prisoners listening to bangup
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Thu May 30, 2013 4:53 am

Gimmic wrote:Instead of tinting the UI, why not incorporate it into the prisons? Change the lighting, make slight red pulsing lighting for lockdown..

Make lights a deployable option which increases odds of prisoners listening to bangup

+1
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Thu May 30, 2013 6:33 am

Gimmic wrote:Instead of tinting the UI, why not incorporate it into the prisons? Change the lighting, make slight red pulsing lighting for lockdown..

i believe in real life prisons - they have flashing beacons - i saw one in casuatly progame which had flashing beacons when guard pushed emergency alarm
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 am

+1 for red lights in the prison itself
sheepdemon
level0

Postby sheepdemon » Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

I found something of a bug with this actually, when you open the staff training screen the "Close screen" (I don't have the game open right now so can't remember the actual name of the button) button is directly over the "Lockdown" button and seems to register a click THROUGH all buttons i.e when you click to close the Staff Training screen you are also clicking the Lockdown button. I would like a confirmation box before entering lockdown, or else for it to be harder to accidentaly trigger.
Moerker
level0

Postby Moerker » Thu May 30, 2013 1:05 pm

i dont like the idea of confirming the lock down.
but +1 for flashing red lights all around! :)
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm

sheepdemon wrote:I found something of a bug with this actually, when you open the staff training screen the "Close screen" (I don't have the game open right now so can't remember the actual name of the button) button is directly over the "Lockdown" button and seems to register a click THROUGH all buttons i.e when you click to close the Staff Training screen you are also clicking the Lockdown button. I would like a confirmation box before entering lockdown, or else for it to be harder to accidentaly trigger.

Good find... That was the entire point of this discussion, but alright. Yeah.

Now on the other hand, was this one posted on the bugtracker already?
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:43 pm

laser50 wrote:
sheepdemon wrote:I found something of a bug with this actually, when you open the staff training screen the "Close screen" (I don't have the game open right now so can't remember the actual name of the button) button is directly over the "Lockdown" button and seems to register a click THROUGH all buttons i.e when you click to close the Staff Training screen you are also clicking the Lockdown button. I would like a confirmation box before entering lockdown, or else for it to be harder to accidentaly trigger.

Around 20 times I reckon. I saw it a long time ago at least
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

+1 for a red light district.
sheepdemon
level0

Postby sheepdemon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 pm

laser50 wrote:

A cursory check showed a bunch of reports yes, hence me not submitting another :)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

+1 for red lights and if we ever get a PA system then the alarm should be played over that as well in order to easily attract the attention of prisoners and staff outside of the buildings in your prison.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Thu May 30, 2013 4:57 pm

+1

Return to “Community Members”