The update.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Striket1234
level1
level1

The update.

Postby Striket1234 » Sun May 26, 2013 5:54 am

I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts and what they think will be included in the new update? I was also thinking, I think that the developers should make sure that when they add updates, they have a balance of new features and bug fixes. It's no fun to have a game with a lot of stuff but its all broken. Though, I do think the have a pretty good balance, I just wish they would fix more bugs.

Ps. I wonder if they could improve lag?
lukiono
level1
level1

Postby lukiono » Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 am

The devs say'd: "Every alpha will breaks the game"
so, bugfixes, balancing and improvement for beta not alpha.

kind regards
VoiD88
level5
level5

Re: The update.

Postby VoiD88 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 am

Striket1234 wrote:It's no fun to have a game with a lot of stuff but its all broken.

Just to clarify: It's not a game yet, it's an Alpha. Alpha stage of every software is buggy as hell, because bugfixing is part of what the Beta stage is all about.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Chad
level3
level3

Re: The update.

Postby Chad » Sun May 26, 2013 9:25 am

Striket1234 wrote:I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts and what they think will be included in the new update? I was also thinking, I think that the developers should make sure that when they add updates, they have a balance of new features and bug fixes. It's no fun to have a game with a lot of stuff but its all broken. Though, I do think the have a pretty good balance, I just wish they would fix more bugs.

Ps. I wonder if they could improve lag?

can't see that the game is all broken. I enjoy playing the game.

Unfortunately most people don't understand what an alpha is all about or what they actually brought to get access to the alpha and what they can expect or demand....
Striket1234
level1
level1

Postby Striket1234 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 pm

I understand its alpha and all. I really do. I also wasn't saying that everything is broken. I was saying if they don't balance the game with bug fixes, then the game could turn to be broken. At the moment though, it's pretty stable for me at least.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Sun May 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Striket1234 wrote:I understand its alpha and all. I really do. I also wasn't saying that everything is broken. I was saying if they don't balance the game with bug fixes, then the game could turn to be broken. At the moment though, it's pretty stable for me at least.

That's because it IS broken, it's an Alpha, again. And bugfixes come later.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 pm

Striket1234 wrote:I understand its alpha and all. I really do. I also wasn't saying that everything is broken. I was saying if they don't balance the game with bug fixes, then the game could turn to be broken. At the moment though, it's pretty stable for me at least.

Well, if you think about it, I'm sure, that Chris and Mark will not publish a totally broken and unplayable build. The game will be playable, but we should all expect bugs. We should even expect bugs that will not get fixed for a while. That's whats an alpha is about. As long the game is playable, I would prefer new content...

And as today, they always fixed some bugs und changed things in the community's favor
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Who doesn't enjoy the occasional Worker picking up a delivery truck, carry it to the garbage area and stick it in a 1Kg garbage bag?
Striket1234
level1
level1

Postby Striket1234 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Chad wrote:

Well, if you think about it, I'm sure, that Chris and Mark will not publish a totally broken and unplayable build. The game will be playable, but we should all expect bugs. We should even expect bugs that will not get fixed for a while. That's whats an alpha is about. As long the game is playable, I would prefer new content...

And as today, they always fixed some bugs und changed things in the community's favor

I see where your coming from. This has changed my mind a little. I love how this topic went from about the update to this. Lets get back on track shall we...
Spliffa
level1
level1

Postby Spliffa » Mon May 27, 2013 11:35 am

asmo0 wrote:Who doesn't enjoy the occasional Worker picking up a delivery truck, carry it to the garbage area and stick it in a 1Kg garbage bag?

You made me laugh out loud. those weird looks from my co-workers....
Nightwolf42
level0

Postby Nightwolf42 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 am

the game BROKEN? Man, did you play alpha 2 before? Now that, my friend, is a broken build. Alpha 8 and forward? Perfect in comparison. Having every prisoner being permanently stuck in handcuffs in one spot is what I consider broken!
dzlockhead
level1
level1

Postby dzlockhead » Wed May 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Nightwolf42 wrote:the game BROKEN? Man, did you play alpha 2 before? Now that, my friend, is a broken build. Alpha 8 and forward? Perfect in comparison. Having every prisoner being permanently stuck in handcuffs in one spot is what I consider broken!

Amen, if you want broken, go play alpha 1, when people got stuck in medical beds, prisoners idly sat soiling themselves in their cells and doing absolutely nothing about it.

Return to “Community Members”