What would you like to see in alpha 10?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

NewClarity
level1
level1

Postby NewClarity » Sat May 18, 2013 1:17 pm

I think what i would like to see in the next version is release dates (not game release but prisoner release).

For the purposes of the alpha it doesn't need to be accurate, but perhaps give them 21 days in the prison and then get released back into the wild. That would then give the game a cycle which could be expanded on by adding things like Property rooms (for prisoners to get civvy clothes) or Parole hearings.
FourWinds
level1
level1

Postby FourWinds » Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Ric666 wrote:
Juan_22 wrote:I think the laundry basket needs to move faster

The basket users definitely need to move at the same speed as everyone else.

This would certainly help things along with some other changes to the laundry system. :)

Don't agree; I think basket - and perhaps future book delivery - should move slower than unemcumbered walkers. I'm thinking of Brooks tottering along in Shawshank; also if I was working in a prison I wouldn't put myself out to do my best job.
FuglyDuckling123
level1
level1

Postby FuglyDuckling123 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm

What about the prisoners moved faster with Baskets etc if there are guards in a certain radius that way the guards can "motivate" the prisoners to stop slacking?
I love Prison Architect!
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sun May 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I;m of the belief the current speed for basket pushing is a bug. When moving over an object (like a table) prisoners and guards are slowed down. A prisoner pushing a laundry basket is always moving over the basket, thus getting slowed down.
hassifa
level1
level1

Postby hassifa » Mon May 20, 2013 1:36 am

Two main things that i would like to see.

First, if you move a guard onto a space which is part of a patrol and the guard was previously stationed in that room, the guard will continue the patrol from the new point. This could be usefull for having different patrols in a cell block, and to change the guards into a particular route instead of having to keep moving the guard until they decide to use the route that you want.

Second, when the prisoners assigned to jobs have nothing to do, instead of only trying to move to the middle of the assigned room, they could try to sit on any benches on the room, or just move around the room in a random manner. I have seen some problems in the laundry due to this with prisoners trying to move the cart through the middle of the room for their paths and become stuck because of others having nothing else to do.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 am

A prisoner pushing a laundry basket is always moving over the basket, thus getting slowed down.

Ah, of course Good sleuthing!
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 am

FourWinds wrote:
Ric666 wrote:
Juan_22 wrote:I think the laundry basket needs to move faster

The basket users definitely need to move at the same speed as everyone else.

This would certainly help things along with some other changes to the laundry system. :)

Don't agree; I think basket - and perhaps future book delivery - should move slower than unemcumbered walkers. I'm thinking of Brooks tottering along in Shawshank; also if I was working in a prison I wouldn't put myself out to do my best job.

It's a nice idea but for the purpose of the game, something either needs to be done about the speed or the method that the uniforms get distributed around. In its current state, it's almost impossible to get a laundry system working for more than 100 prisoners on a medium map. Large maps don't work at all well with the slow system as it is just now.

ps:Brooks delivered books, not laundry ;)
Randomtroll69
level0

Suggestions

Postby Randomtroll69 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 am

Some suggestions

Jobs
Gun Maker
Requires:Warden>Chief>Gun Maker
Bureaucracy cost:$1500
Job Cost:$750
Wage:$150
Unlocks:Gun Workshop and Armory

Sniper Agent
Requires:Warden>Chief>Gun Maker>Sniper Agent
Job Cost:$750
Wage:$150
Unlocks:Sniper box

Rooms
Sniper Box
Requires:Window (Too shoot from,idiot)
Used by sniper agents to injure prisoners when they are escaping so they can't walk

Gun Workshop
Requires:Gun Machine (original right?)
Used by Gun maker to make guns for the armory

Armory
Requires:Armor Shelf,Weapon Shelf
Used by guards so they can kill prisoners easier

Prisoner Delivery
Requires:Nothing
Prisoners get sent here in a bus instead of being sent in the deliveries in a truck

Items
Armor Shelf,used by guards to absorb more damage
Weapon Shelf,holds guns for guards (and prisoners) to punish prisoners (or brutally murder guards)

Another thing
Metal sheets + Prisoner Outfits come 5 hours (minutes) after you get prisoners.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Fri May 24, 2013 3:59 am

Well, if you can buy uniforms and buy machines and buy doors and buy walls, you shouldn't have to make guns. It's not like police departments manufacture handguns or something.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Fri May 24, 2013 4:02 am

Oh, and also, delivery of things for work needs to be fixed. When a delivery of sheet metal arrives, and holds up everything else until the prisoners start working? Maybe workmen should unload the trucks, and leave the metal to be picked up?

And speaking of work, prisoners working in the kitchen should be exempt from "Staff Only" during work hours.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 24, 2013 4:59 am

CplHenderson wrote:Oh, and also, delivery of things for work needs to be fixed. When a delivery of sheet metal arrives, and holds up everything else until the prisoners start working? Maybe workmen should unload the trucks, and leave the metal to be picked up?

And speaking of work, prisoners working in the kitchen should be exempt from "Staff Only" during work hours.

Disagree, staff only should be staff only.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Fri May 24, 2013 6:30 am

I have been thinking about this for a while now, but perhaps we could have something like a working-only zone. It allows staff (they are working in your prison after all) and prisoners that are on the job. I think it would give a very interesting tool to structure parts of your prison.

However, if you don't want to use it, you don't have to. And if you don't use it to structure your prison, but still want to keep your prisoners from going through the kitchen when they aren't working, that's fine too.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:52 am

Ric666 wrote:... something either needs to be done about the speed or the method that the uniforms get distributed around. In its current state, it's almost impossible to get a laundry system working for more than 100 prisoners on a medium map. Large maps don't work at all well with the slow system as it is just now.

It would be fixed by simply giving more uniforms to work with. The problem for me is that getting ca 5% more uniforms than prisoners simply isnt enough. When continously editing the savefile to double the number of uniforms the whole process goes very smoothly (I did this a couple of times just for testing, making sure never to make giant 50+ stacks of uniforms, as that is way more efficient than multiple small stacks of 5-20).
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am

asmo0 wrote:
Ric666 wrote:... something either needs to be done about the speed or the method that the uniforms get distributed around. In its current state, it's almost impossible to get a laundry system working for more than 100 prisoners on a medium map. Large maps don't work at all well with the slow system as it is just now.

It would be fixed by simply giving more uniforms to work with. The problem for me is that getting ca 5% more uniforms than prisoners simply isnt enough. When continously editing the savefile to double the number of uniforms the whole process goes very smoothly (I did this a couple of times just for testing, making sure never to make giant 50+ stacks of uniforms, as that is way more efficient than multiple small stacks of 5-20).

I'm afraid just simply increasing the uniform numbers doesn't fix all the laundry problems. Not when using larger systems or cell blocks that aren't right beside each other.

Every task is treated separately.(pick up laundry/dropping fresh one off,taking baskets to cell blocks. This is part of the reason why multiple baskets get moved as the prisoners don't recognize that someone is already doing that job)
The whole process is also too slow to cover beds even working 8 hours a day once you get too a high number of prisoners. This leads to the same prisoners complaining of clothes as they do the same delivery pattern everyday which means the same prisoners get left out. You can move the prisoners around but that's a cheap, dirty fix.

Also, baskets are buggy, pathing needs improving while moving them. something also needs done about all the idle workers stacking up the middle of the laundry when they have nothing to do, Leads to more pathing issues when someone does get a job.

so yeh, there's multiple small things that need improving. :)
Randomtroll69
level0

A thing that annoys me

Postby Randomtroll69 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Also I WANT MY GOD DAMN GUARDS TO STOP HUGGING THE HOLDING CELL!!!

Go on with your suggestions :D

Return to “Community Members”