[Suggestion] Prison Bus, Carparks and Staff Accomadation

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

nwtassales
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Prison Bus, Carparks and Staff Accomadation

Postby nwtassales » Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 am

i have three sugestions for the game:

(1) It would be a good idea to have the prisoners to come via prison buses to make it realistic.

(2) I would like to see car parks added as an option so you can designate where prisoners arrive, where the garbage is collected, where the deliveries are made and also where visitors can park their cars.

(3) Finally i was thinking instead of the staff staying in their workstations during the night they can have staff accommodation to go to and this would make having different rosters available for staff For example: night shift and day shift.

Thanks
Terminaaaattori
level1
level1

Postby Terminaaaattori » Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 am

That would be good!
Gamecub
level1
level1

Postby Gamecub » Mon May 20, 2013 5:50 pm

+1
thatguy790
level1
level1

Postby thatguy790 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm

+1
mMaster
level1
level1

Postby mMaster » Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 am

+1
jackbrownie
level1
level1

Postby jackbrownie » Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm

+1
Maltanis
level0

Postby Maltanis » Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, I always think to myself there should be a proper prisoner entrance with big gates the bus goes through instead of sitting in my supply depot :P

Plus then prisoners would try to escape out the good entrance.

Would love to see this implemented in some way.
daniele01
level1
level1

Postby daniele01 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 am

+1
iamaplayer
level1
level1

Postby iamaplayer » Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

+1!
DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 pm

The (1) is more a artistic detail.

I'd also like to be able to design loading/unloading bays. Being able to build several bays (= rooms), managing precisely what can be (un)loaded at each one, and at what time.
Also, being able to set a visites schedule would be great :)

I also like the idea of staff having some kind of stress/tiredness, with ability to set shifts/worktimes, staff rooms, parking lot, etc.
praguepride
level1
level1

Postby praguepride » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I think a parking lot should be a requirement to unlock the visitation room. Even if people are coming by public transportation you should have some zone that says 'public enters through here'. I dislike how visitors just show up to the front door and guards just let them in. You need to separate visitor intake from prisoner intake.

Prison Bus...we already have that :P

Staff Regimes would need to be implemented before you can have staff leaving their posts. You would need to be able to create shifts because you can't have all your guards going to bed at night, and your cooks have to be on strict schedules to make sure the foods prepped on time.
Dr_Olaf
level1
level1

Postby Dr_Olaf » Thu May 23, 2013 3:40 pm

praguepride wrote:and your cooks have to be on strict schedules to make sure the foods prepped on time.

speaking of which, it would be extremely useful if you could set a roster/ regime for cooks (and workers/ guards/ doctors as well), managing when they are supposed to prepare food, do the dishes, bring in new deliveries or clean the kitchen (yes - cooks could do that instead of being idle)

going one step farther, we could even tell them what kind of food to prepare when, changing quantity and quality for each part of the scheudle.

for workers and guards that would also make sense - have the workers bring in the sheet metal to the workshops before work regime starts and only afterwards start repairing the showerheads from this morning's riot.
praguepride
level1
level1

Postby praguepride » Thu May 23, 2013 4:44 pm

It appears that the cook schedules are currently set based upon the prisoner regime. They start cooking a couple hours before each meal and clean up for a couple hours after each meal. You'lll notice it if you play around with your meal times.

Being able to set job focuses would be important once staff controls are expanded. I stand by the DF philosophy where there should always be a layer of AI between your control and your staff/prisoners. You shouldn't be able to tell X to pick up Y but you could specify job priorities for certain times of the day.

For your example, you could increase sheet metal delivery priority just prior to the work period and decrease it afterwards. Janitors could focus cleaning on area where the prisoners have just previously congregated.

Return to “Community Members”