is CCTV broken in alpha 10?

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Xuse
level0

is CCTV broken in alpha 10?

Postby Xuse » Sun May 12, 2013 11:23 pm

First off i want to say hi to everyone out there in introversion forum land

is there a new step in placing CCTV cameras and monitors did i miss something? everything was working just fine before this build but for some reason even when i have guards next to monitors and the GUI says 0\16 or how ever many once i place cameras they never work it tells me to place more monitors again i have monitors place there all hooked up to power and i have guards in place but i keep getting "place more monitors"
FuglyDuckling123
level1
level1

Postby FuglyDuckling123 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Sorry I can't help you but as far as I know there is no alpha 10 yet.
I love Prison Architect!
Xuse
level0

Postby Xuse » Sun May 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Sorry I searched the forum found what I was looking for any mob out there could closed this thread
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 am

Could you please post the solution you found? It might also help others having the same/similar problem.
Xuse
level0

Postby Xuse » Mon May 13, 2013 12:37 am

My issues is that I play with fog of war off it needs to be on but I read it glitches sometimes anyway this can normally be fixed buy ether reloading the game or switching the power off then on
TheXWolf
level2
level2

Postby TheXWolf » Mon May 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Ya I hate that bug, I have a guard sitting in a station both CC monitors are green and yet all the cameras are red.
I've tried cycling power and restarting the save, but nadda.
Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun. - P.J. Rourke
acegamer08
level3
level3

Re: is CCTV broken in alpha 10?

Postby acegamer08 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Xuse wrote:First off i want to say hi to everyone out there in introversion forum land

is there a new step in placing CCTV cameras and monitors did i miss something? everything was working just fine before this build but for some reason even when i have guards next to monitors and the GUI says 0\16 or how ever many once i place cameras they never work it tells me to place more monitors again i have monitors place there all hooked up to power and i have guards in place but i keep getting "place more monitors"

regarding your subject "Re: is CCTV broken in alpha 10?" .... your playing alpha 10?? are you good friends with the game designers??? the game makers didnt release 10 (to the public anyways)....if your indeed playing 10, what all have they changed
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

acegamer08 wrote:
Xuse wrote:First off i want to say hi to everyone out there in introversion forum land

regarding your subject "Re: is CCTV broken in alpha 10?" .... your playing alpha 10?? are you good friends with the game designers??? the game makers didnt release 10 (to the public anyways)....if your indeed playing 10, what all have they changed

Don't be so daft. There is no alpha 10, he meant alpha 9, but accidentally typed alpha 10. There is no magic time travel involved. (Even being friends with the developers doesn't make it so you can play something that doesn't exist yet.)
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Great Magical Hat wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:

Don't be so daft. There is no alpha 10, he meant alpha 9, but accidentally typed alpha 10. There is no magic time travel involved. (Even being friends with the developers doesn't make it so you can play something that doesn't exist yet.)

i would like to think there IS an alpha 10 ... (otherwise we have one finished and fucked up game) seems he is a little slow (not knowing the difference between "9" and "10") ... oh well
and no i didnt think there was a "magic time travel" aspect...thats your bizarre logic
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 pm

acegamer08 wrote:i would like to think there IS an alpha 10 ... (otherwise we have one finished and fucked up game) seems he is a little slow (not knowing the difference between "9" and "10") ... oh well

There is no alpha 10 YET, you doofus. Are you really that slow?
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Great Magical Hat wrote:
acegamer08 wrote:i would like to think there IS an alpha 10 ... (otherwise we have one finished and fucked up game) seems he is a little slow (not knowing the difference between "9" and "10") ... oh well

There is no alpha 10 YET, you doofus. Are you really that slow?

the minute they release an "alpha", then start working on another one, that one (they are working on) is considered (and will soon be named) alpha (#) in this case 10

your really slow if you didnt get that

so yes there is an alpha 10 NOW....they are still working on it DOOFUS
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Arbitrarily assigning "release names" to versions of the game that aren't released yet makes little sense.

What is probably the case is that they have a "revision 1234" version (depending on the vcs they use, the revision identifier may look different, like for example if they use git, it'll be something like "revision ae43ff39851aa.."). There's also the "development version" which is rather a loose term, but refers to the latest revision (of the branch they are working on). There will probably also be an alpha 10 branch, which consists of more than one version and is the goal to make an alpha 10 version, but does not have an alpha 10 version yet. (Depending on what cvs they are using, branch support may be worse or better, so if they are using SVN, for example, they may have forsaken the use of branches because it is such a pain.) There'll be only one alpha 10 version (well, several actually, one for windows, one for Mac OS, one for steam, but they all have the same features. What I mean is that there are ways to refer to the different development version, but using the name of name of the upcoming release for it is not it, since they'll change it before it is released under that version name, and having different version s under the same version name makes absolutely no sense.

That's the last I'll say on the topic, as you seem to be unable to conceive that you're the one who's wrong, even if you're all alone in what you say.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Great Magical Hat wrote:That's the last I'll say on the topic, as you seem to be unable to conceive that you're the one who's wrong, even if you're all alone in what you say.

You're the one that started the name calling. I didn't think his comments were out of line.

Sorry to continue the derailment of this thread. :oops:
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Great Magical Hat wrote:Arbitrarily assigning "release names" to versions of the game that aren't released yet makes little sense.

What is probably the case is that they have a "revision 1234" version (depending on the vcs they use, the revision identifier may look different, like for example if they use git, it'll be something like "revision ae43ff39851aa.."). There's also the "development version" which is rather a loose term, but refers to the latest revision (of the branch they are working on). There will probably also be an alpha 10 branch, which consists of more than one version and is the goal to make an alpha 10 version, but does not have an alpha 10 version yet. (Depending on what cvs they are using, branch support may be worse or better, so if they are using SVN, for example, they may have forsaken the use of branches because it is such a pain.) There'll be only one alpha 10 version (well, several actually, one for windows, one for Mac OS, one for steam, but they all have the same features. What I mean is that there are ways to refer to the different development version, but using the name of name of the upcoming release for it is not it, since they'll change it before it is released under that version name, and having different version s under the same version name makes absolutely no sense.

That's the last I'll say on the topic, as you seem to be unable to conceive that you're the one who's wrong, even if you're all alone in what you say.

makes little sense huh...better tell companies like apple that (they have a name for their new (not released/still working on) phone), or microsoft they have a name for their new (not released/still working on) xbox, or sony they have a name for their new (not released/still working on) playstation, ect.ect. ect. i could go on and on...how about rockstar games and their new (not released/still working on) GTA V (5 for those who don't understand roman numerals).. they all are still working on those things...but they already have a set name for release (the name that its known by) .... we dont and wont know (call) IV's new alpha as "revision ae43ff39851aa.." we will know it by alpha 10 (unless they pull an apple and start giving it names like alpha 9s, 9gs, 9g...which i doubt.)

so yes they can call it what ever the fuck they want to right now...when (or if, considering IV cancelled games before) it is released it will be alpha 10
iner2250
level1
level1

Postby iner2250 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Can someone delete this thread. I feel like these guys are going to hurt themselves if this continues any longer.

Return to “General”