What would you like to see in alpha 10?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

notsatan
level1
level1

Postby notsatan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:39 pm

redcoat22 wrote:
Dosedmonkey wrote:
Snorii wrote:Sweatbox - in case they let us torture prisoners

I know you Americans like torturing and shooting stuff. But I don't think the rest of us should have to play in your world of hatred, excessive force and negativity whilst we play a humurous cartoony number. Liturally don't understand why USA has to use heavily armed prison guards on prisoners who are punching one another with plastic sporks! Those TV shows are rediculious!

Dosedmonkey,

1. Maybe you shouldn't be playing a prison game based on U.S. Prisons (A reason I wish the garbage was in Imperial units not Metric). We could base it off of Chile's penal system but there is no fun with dirt floors and bowls of corn meal slid under a wooden door.

2. You are a loud mouth third world country idiot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Chile

Where exactly did they say that it's based on U.S Prisons?
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:

This is what solitary confinement is for, you can't torture prisoners, its not bloody grantanamo bay.

As for guns, I don't know if thats the right way to go for a cartoony humorous game.

I know you Americans like torturing and shooting stuff. But I don't think the rest of us should have to play in your world of hatred, excessive force and negativity whilst we play a humurous cartoony number. Liturally don't understand why USA has to use heavily armed prison guards on prisoners who are punching one another with plastic sporks! Those TV shows are rediculious!

This isn't a humorous game, unless executing and incarcerating is humour to you, then well what ever floats your boat and the guards in America carry those weapons for emergency s only, like prisoners murdering each other so chill out.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 pm

stianf wrote:Also, giving solitary a use would be nice

Solitary seems to be pretty much fully implemented... what do you mean by this?
Kalanur
level0

Postby Kalanur » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:25 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:
stianf wrote:Also, giving solitary a use would be nice

Solitary seems to be pretty much fully implemented... what do you mean by this?

I guess he meant that t doesn't really do anything right now. It's like lockdown but in a solitary cell instead of their own. They don't react differently to it at all like it's not even a punishement.
I have 2 prisoners who are always in solitary and once they are out they attack the next guy they see to get back to solitary :p
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:24 am

I would really like to see bunkbeds for housing several prisoners in each cell.

Apart from that, I would love to see some bug fixes / polishing of existing features.

Making zones work properly for different sec levels, and having different regimes for them is high on my list. So is fixing the 'staff only' zones, so they are not absolute.
zorroman1100
level0

Postby zorroman1100 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:05 am

I would like to see some mid/late game kind of stuff.

Examples:

A use for the execution room... people come in that have been sentenced to death and we have to make the preparations for that. etc etc.

Prisoners who complete their sentences leave.

a campaign mode! Start with small prisons and have to work our way up etc (think theme hospital) challenges presented to us. ( I realize this will probably be later)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 am

zorroman1100 wrote:a campaign mode! Start with small prisons and have to work our way up etc (think theme hospital) challenges presented to us. ( I realize this will probably be later)

I get the impression that we won't be seeing the campaign until release so that there's at least some fun surprises left for anyone who has been alpha/beta testing.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
shenanigans
level1
level1

Postby shenanigans » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 am

zorroman1100 wrote:I would like to see some mid/late game kind of stuff.

Examples:

A use for the execution room... people come in that have been sentenced to death and we have to make the preparations for that. etc etc.

Prisoners who complete their sentences leave.

a campaign mode! Start with small prisons and have to work our way up etc (think theme hospital) challenges presented to us. ( I realize this will probably be later)

Executing prisoners, terms finishing and the prisoners leaving and dead bodies leaving are needed IMHO.
Enterny
level0

Postby Enterny » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:22 pm

A prison revolution would be nice! :-P
A better communication about all the items and their quality. I do not know, if some items have a function. If not, they should become a function. The items look good and make fun.
But, alpha 8 is great! Good work!
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:

This is what solitary confinement is for, you can't torture prisoners, its not bloody grantanamo bay.

As for guns, I don't know if thats the right way to go for a cartoony humorous game.

I am not from US, but you are a bit overboard. The guns idea is very smart. Think about guard towers with armed guards in them, and a killzone, that when a prisoner gets into (In a max-security prison) he will be shot down. This is not really a humorous cartoony game, it's rather serious, they don't want you to treat this game like simcity, where everything is pink and the birds are singing, they want you to think how to keep criminals locked down (Of course, it is a game, so we can't take it so seriously).
Churgethoth
level0

Postby Churgethoth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:

I had an inmate smuggle in a revolver. When arguments broke out, instead of beating each other up for a few seconds, he just shot the other inmate, instantly killing him. The guards tackled the guy but he ended up shooting and killing one of the guards as well. So guns are already in the game. Some of the tooltips already mention snipers.

I agree with the idea of sniper towers and deadlines. A small minimum security prison runs fine, but eventually, prisoners will have the ability to break down walls or dig under fences. In that case, there ought to be a designation for "shot-on-sight" zones that you can place around your perimeter fence. Guard towers would have a wide radius of sniper coverage and would shoot to wound or kill inmates that are making a break for the edge during escapes, especially if no guards will make it in time.

Of course I would also like to see things like drug rehabilitation, classrooms, and psychotherapy implemented in the game as well, but there's no reason to be so upset about armed guards.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Couple of things I would like to see:

- Auto unloading/loading of deliveries & garbage.

This is a new problem since the introduction of Alpha9. I love the new workshop mechanics works. It's added a whole new element to planning which is great.
However, due to the way the prisoners have to pickup all the materials from the delivery trucks, they usually & unfortunately only take it as far as the delivery area(which has to be kerbside). This means another prisoner has to make a trip from the workshop to pick up the stuff from the delivery area & take it back. This adds a huge delay in the production process. It also leads to a large back up of trucks of they only usually bring a few things at a time.

Therefore, if the trucks could auto unload to the delivery area & auto pick up garbage from the garbage area(this would still have to be kerbside), they could move away quicker & the prisoners would only need to make one trip, from the workshop to the delivery area & back.
Prisoners would still have to pick stuff up from the front & workers would still have to take garbage to the garbage area, only the final step of moving stuff to & from the trucks would be eradicated. After all, garbage trucks in RL have their own guys who pick the stuff from the bins :)
If the delivery area is full, trucks wouldn't move until storage was expanded or delivery area was increased in size.

-Another material for a new workshop would be great also. Need another way to make more money!

-A speed increase for prison workers & guards. Laundry is painful to watch..lol..It takes so long + watching a guard chase a prisoner he wants to search across the whole prison because he can't catch up is funny.

-More flexibility with the regime. Dropping it to 30min intervals would give a lot more options for regime flexibility.
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Scheduling the guard deployment. Currently the single most frustrating thing about the game is constantly, *constantly*, shifting the deployments for different regime periods. Eurgh. :(
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Some kind of ESCAPE!!! alarm. I lost 10 prisoners today. No idea when or how. I'm sure my guards will have chased them, but I had literally no idea it took place until I happened to have a look in the Valuation screen.
mred209
level1
level1

Postby mred209 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 pm

christopher1006 wrote:
zorroman1100 wrote:a campaign mode! Start with small prisons and have to work our way up etc (think theme hospital) challenges presented to us. ( I realize this will probably be later)

I get the impression that we won't be seeing the campaign until release so that there's at least some fun surprises left for anyone who has been alpha/beta testing.

I get the impression an alpha test and a beta test need to test, y'know, *everything in the game*. I get where you're coming from, but how are they going to launch the full game with an entire mode that has never been tested?

;)

Return to “Community Members”