[Idea] - Prison mail and Cats for low risk?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Cyber08
level0

[Idea] - Prison mail and Cats for low risk?

Postby Cyber08 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Since jobs have been added recently I've thought up a few ideas that I'd like to see. I don't know if they're planned or what so don't shout at me. :p

Prison Mail
Mail in prisons is a common thing, so why not add it? You can do it the long way by searching through every prisoners mail with guards or you could get sniffer dogs and airport metal detectors to scan for contraband when your prison gets too big. Once searched they'd be put on trolley carts of sorts and the prisoners who are working would hand them out.

Cats
Why not? Everybody loves cats. These should be bought at the prison shop for low-risk prisoners only. Also in the shop prisoners should be able to buy cat toys and food for their pet. A rule within the prison though is that the cat should be in the cell at all times.

Hope you liked reading my short but sweet ideas for this game, can't wait for the future :D
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Re: [Idea] - Prison mail and Cats for low risk?

Postby Dosedmonkey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Cyber08 wrote:Cats
Why not? Everybody loves cats. These should be bought at the prison shop for low-risk prisoners only. Also in the shop prisoners should be able to buy cat toys and food for their pet. A rule within the prison though is that the cat should be in the cell at all times.

Not everybody loves cats, so please give us the option for cats to have accidents too. :P :lol:
Cyber08
level0

Re: [Idea] - Prison mail and Cats for low risk?

Postby Cyber08 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Dosedmonkey wrote:
Cyber08 wrote:Cats

Not everybody loves cats, so please give us the option for cats to have accidents too. :P :lol:

What like rabies? Oh god prison epidemic :p I suppose cats could also be murdered by other inmates. :cry:
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Prisons are dangerous places, and gamers love humour. I think this game needs dark humour, but for example if your going to kill a cat, you need to atleast make it intelligent, fish food from kitchen + can open kitchen + poison from cleaning cupboard = trap for cat. For example.
notsatan
level1
level1

Postby notsatan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

If the option to kill cats is added, it'll have to be after players get the ability to control the punishments prisoners get. That way I can assign anyone who hurts a kitty to permanent solitary confinement, and to get roughed up by guards on a regular basis.
kongoman
level2
level2

Postby kongoman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:14 pm

Please kill this thread instead. Killing cats is a fucking stupid idea.
Cyber08
level0

Postby Cyber08 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 pm

kongoman wrote:Please kill this thread instead. Killing cats is a fucking stupid idea.

It's a dark game, and a dark world, what do you expect in a prison? Sunshine and rainbows? There's bound to be rivalries and enemies that want someone dead so why not hurt their feelings first?
kongoman
level2
level2

Postby kongoman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 pm

Cyber08 wrote: It's a dark game, and a dark world, what do you expect in a prison? Sunshine and rainbows?

I'm not naive. - People are in a prison for a reason, and they should have their punishment, right ?
"Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" and all that. Fine.
But hurting innocent animals for entertainment are just plain stupid and moronic. That's what I meant.

Peace.
Tarenty
level1
level1

Postby Tarenty » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 am

Not at all sure about the abuse. I like cats, though. Maybe introduce rats that can cause epidemics, and cats help prevent rats from becoming uncontrollable.

This game seems to mainly focus on keeping violence cartoon-esque. It is a prison simulator, after all, with people being shanked in the showers; I don't think it'd be too nasty to feature the occasional poor poisoned animal.
phoenixca
level1
level1

Postby phoenixca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:29 am

Wait...people make jokes here about roughing-up prisoners (simulated human beings), rape and murder all the time, but we're going to get iffy when it comes to dead cats (simulated non-humans)?
joleran
level1
level1

Postby joleran » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:28 am

phoenixca wrote:Wait...people make jokes here about roughing-up prisoners (simulated human beings), rape and murder all the time, but we're going to get iffy when it comes to dead cats (simulated non-humans)?

Going all philosophical on you now. When we look at simulated cartoonish prisoners, it is easy to distance ourselves from them as the virtual people they represent. We are far from the uncanny valley in terms of empathy (as opposed to appearance), and we experience an easy feeling of power and control over others without consequences, and furthermore others who are perceived to be evil. A simulated cat, however, is a non-sentient innocent, and a creature that is in the daily lives of many players. This non-sentience and familiarity makes it much easier to view a virtual cat as "real", and it's therefore much easier to empathize with a cartoonish virtual cat than it is a cartoonish virtual prisoner. Even in real life, cat owners will visualize horrific punishments for perceived evil people for animal cruelty, so when you move to the virtual world, players will think nothing of starving a prisoner to death with daily beatings as a punishment for killing, or even hurting, a beloved pet animal.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 am

kongoman wrote:Please kill this thread instead. Killing cats is a fucking stupid idea.

Well in that case people shouldn't die in the game too... nor should there be riots. Because People are less important then cats? Thats equally sick.

joleran wrote:
phoenixca wrote:Wait...people make jokes here about roughing-up prisoners (simulated human beings), rape and murder all the time, but we're going to get iffy when it comes to dead cats (simulated non-humans)?

Going all philosophical on you now. When we look at simulated cartoonish prisoners, it is easy to distance ourselves from them as the virtual people they represent. We are far from the uncanny valley in terms of empathy (as opposed to appearance), and we experience an easy feeling of power and control over others without consequences, and furthermore others who are perceived to be evil. A simulated cat, however, is a non-sentient innocent, and a creature that is in the daily lives of many players. This non-sentience and familiarity makes it much easier to view a virtual cat as "real", and it's therefore much easier to empathize with a cartoonish virtual cat than it is a cartoonish virtual prisoner. Even in real life, cat owners will visualize horrific punishments for perceived evil people for animal cruelty, so when you move to the virtual world, players will think nothing of starving a prisoner to death with daily beatings as a punishment for killing, or even hurting, a beloved pet animal.

A simulated cat is in our daily lives of many players. I would hope human beings are in all peoples lives every day, a less you are playing via satellite internet and are in fact living on the moon.

I love my two cats, so I will not allow them to go to prison, however I will volenteer their names for the game. :lol:

IDEA: Allow players to station guards with cats... Because some people are just built that way I guess.
PanH
level0

Postby PanH » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 am

Cats are dangerous, they could easily take over a prison. And then catsplosion.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:30 am

PanH wrote:Cats are dangerous, they could easily take over a prison. And then catsplosion.

Cat Jihad.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 am

I think this is a great idea* They can release it as a whole separate expansion. In addition to Prison Architect: Pets they could also do:

Prison Architect: University
Prison Architect: Night life
Prison Architect: Open For Business
Prison Architect: Better Furniture and Stuff.

*in the sense I think it's not a great idea at all, and is really rather silly.

Return to “Community Members”