My prisoners don't leave their cells/holding cell

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dominikdak
level0

My prisoners don't leave their cells/holding cell

Postby Dominikdak » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Hello guys,

I currently have a functional prison running and I think I did everything right. Problem is, my prisoners never leave their cells and the guards just stand around somewhere. The prisoners are rioting and soon my prison will burn down to ashes :S
But the canteen or the yard are located accessible near them?!
I've redone the prison but same problem.

Thanks in advance for your help!

(sorry if the image loads too slowly)
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Your prison is in Lockdown. Look under the clock it says "Lockdown" this means they're not allowed to leave their cells.

Look on the bottom of the screens. Chances are there will be a thing that says "Bang up" flashing. Click that and Lockdown should be ended.

Next time when exiting the Bureacracy screen use the ESC key instead of clicking the close button
Dominikdak
level0

Postby Dominikdak » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:40 pm

Thank you very much <3
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 am

The problem with the guards just standing around can be solved by researching Deployment through Bureaucracy, Deployment lets you assign your guards to a specific room and you can also draw patrol routes for them (although having multiple patrol routes in a single room will not yet work as they should, guards will randomly change the paths and you often end up with three guards walking the same path while the others are unguarded :P).
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Linkoln32
level0

Prisoners Won't Leave Cell's, Lock Down Off As Is Bang Up

Postby Linkoln32 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi, Community,

Problem as above, in subject heading, not to worried as it is still in Alpha, but am wandering if I have found a bug, or if there is still something I am missing?

Cheer's Guys. :?:
xMs
level3
level3

Re: Prisoners Won't Leave Cell's, Lock Down Off As Is Bang U

Postby xMs » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Linkoln32 wrote:Hi, Community,

Problem as above, in subject heading, not to worried as it is still in Alpha, but am wandering if I have found a bug, or if there is still something I am missing?

As they said, if it is the exact same problem then your prison is in lockdown.

Look on the bottom of the screens. Chances are there will be a thing that says "Bang up" flashing. Click that and Lockdown should be ended
Linkoln32
level0

Postby Linkoln32 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 pm

xMs wrote:

Look on the bottom of the screens. Chances are there will be a thing that says "Bang up" flashing. Click that and Lockdown should be ended

As I mentioned I have checked, and both settings are firmly off, and the doors open for feeding time, shower time, oh and recreation time, just the prisoners will not leave, I have made a bug report.

Thank you though for pointing out the above again, but no I do not have the exact same issue. :roll:

As I also mentioned I know it is Alpha, well rolling Beta, well in development, thought I would post here, then create a bug report.
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Linkoln32 wrote:
xMs wrote:

As I mentioned I have checked, and both settings are firmly off, and the doors open for feeding time, shower time, oh and recreation time, just the prisoners will not leave, I have made a bug report.

Thank you though for pointing out the above again, but no I do not have the exact same issue. :roll:

As I also mentioned I know it is Alpha, well rolling Beta, well in development, thought I would post here, then create a bug report.

You said "Problem as above, in subject heading" - Meaning the same. "as above".

Anyway, sure. Someone else can take this.

Return to “Community Members”