What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Which area of the game should we focus on next?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:34 pm

New prison facilities, Prisoner employment etc
38%
Threats, Dangerous objects, Contraband
7%
Prisoner Pipeline eg arrival, regular review, parole
26%
Guard equipment + progression
8%
Full segregation support
12%
Riots, Escapes
9%

Total votes: 285
Pieckton
level1
level1

Postby Pieckton » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Really nice propositions and really hard to choice a way for the next evolution !! ^^

I hope at term all this will be integrate =)
Seitaro
level2
level2

Postby Seitaro » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Honestly as long as there's progress, I don't care what you guys do. My only peev really is how clunky the controls are. But I can deal.
Turn on, tune in, drop out.
Dr_Olaf
level1
level1

Postby Dr_Olaf » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

THIS is definitely where ths game should be heading! I would like to see all of the above, but for now, I think the priority should be on new facilities, as there is too little too build at the moment, imho.
rsdworker
level3
level3

Postby rsdworker » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 am

new facilities ideas

Toilets - there should be a room for using toilets away from cells near workshops

cleaning room - a storage room with mops and all sorts in
Pisto1981
level0

Postby Pisto1981 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Love this game, still getting into it though.

I would go for pipeline so you can follow a prisoner from start to finish :)
Ahab
level0

Postby Ahab » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:19 am

I recently started playing this game, because (besides being a long time fan of IV games) I heard on the trailer that it was inspired by [i]Dungeon Keeper[/i], [i]Theme Hospital[/i] and [i]Dwarf Fortress[/i] (I'd say it's got some [i]Evil Genius[/i] in it as well) The later I haven't played, but the former two I know quite well.
PA is great, I'm really enjoying it and think it's got some major potential. While I would not question the claim that PA was inspired by DK or TH, I would say that there's something ineffable missing. Some sort of feeling I got every time I played those games so many years ago, but then again perhaps it's just that I'm getting old...
No, actually I think there could be something to say about putting in place some kind of upgradeable "architectural" abilities tree in order to let us personalize a bit the kind of Architect we want to be and the kind of prisons we would like to create/manage (e.g. There could be 3 different specializations: sadist, benevolent and pragmatic).
On the mechanics front, I feel like DK or TH had a more indirect way to influence what your minions/personnel did and I think that's a clear improvement in PA. Still, there's some kind of "structure" missing, maybe it's just that there's no story to it since it's in alpha, but I get the feeling that there is no clear purpose as to why are we running prisons, nor what are we doing it for...
Is there some sort of progressive "frame story" planned for the game?

Well, hope I didn't bore you!
trilliarden
level1
level1

Postby trilliarden » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 am

Are you guys sure they'll read this thread? Looking through the last posts made by Chris I saw he has a post ratio of .02 and mostly posts stuff like news. Finding the forum I expected us to have a good wire to them. Could be a little more. (Especially in a developer sub)
LittleEricPKT
level1
level1

Postby LittleEricPKT » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

I would just like to again state that I never want the game to be done, it keeps getting so much better every release, I love being part of this journey and I love introducing my friends (new customers for Introversion) to PA as well.
dingleheimer
level0

Postby dingleheimer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 am

I'm sure they'll read this. The thing about working on this type of stuff is that it takes time though; so every suggestion has to wait in a queue for them to evaluate the feasibility and/or whether or not that fits in with their vision of it.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

I voted for Prisoner Pipeline. It does seem odd, and even a little annoying, that the prisoners never leave. Especially when a new prisoner arrives after being sentenced to 1 year and seeing that they have already served all of that. At the moment it feels a little stagnant as soon as you have built a basic prison, adding the pipeline would make the game more dynamic and alive and increase it's long-term playability because currently I have to keep starting new prisons to rediscover the brilliance of the game.
I think following pipeline my second preference would be the facilities and prisoner roles. I've often thought that it would be good to introduce work roles for prisoners, eg. cleaning, gardening and cooking. If prisoners had these jobs it could provide a great opportunity for security trade-offs in that they would have easier access to contraband.
In the UK there was recently a Trevor McDonald documentary filmed in a US prison, it showed prisoners doing jobs like cutting hair, sorting mail, etc. and it was said that this had reduced trouble in the prison and also gave the prisoners a sense of purpose. It would be great if that could be incorporated into this already brilliant game.
watsefaq
level0

Postby watsefaq » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Focus on a possibility to let inmates go home after they have done their time? :)
PatrickV
level1
level1

Postby PatrickV » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 am

Prisoner Pipeline eg arrival, regular review, parole

I believe this will allow continuous game play as you prison empties with the old and in come with the new.
PolarBear16
level0

Alpha 9 propositions.

Postby PolarBear16 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:48 am

Great work on Alpha 8 :D !

Prisoner Pipeline eg arrival, regular review, parole is what I would like to see next, but all the other elements proposed look quite interesting as well!
I also think a bit more tweaking when it comes to bugs would be awesome for the next build (the bigger bugs anyhow).
Tels_
level0

Postby Tels_ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 pm

I say work on the pipeling, I run a large map, but even at that point when you have 265prisoners you just run out of space, and the game loses purpose. Maybe another idea could be to be able to buy more land over time. Still the whole prisoner situation needs to be fixed first though.
dangertime
level1
level1

Postby dangertime » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 am

More emphasis on lasers please.

Return to “Community Members”