Prisoners won't leave cells

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Kungr
level0

Prisoners won't leave cells

Postby Kungr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right place or not to post this.
Basically I have spent quite a while planning out and building up my prison. It worked perfectly for a while but suddenly whenever it comes to yard or eating times my prisoners just seem to stay wherever they are and start complaining about hunger/lack of exercise. It doesn't seem like a pathing issue and I even removed all of the doors between the cell block and the canteen to try and get them to eat.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Kungr/media/prisonarchitect2013-03-2215-38-15-90_zpsb46b3c53.jpg.html

(As I said I got rid of the cell block main doors and the canteen/yard doors but nothing seems to have changed)
Hitobat
level1
level1

Postby Hitobat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:29 pm

I've seen this too. No idea what the problem is, and my other prisons seem fine.
furrot
level1
level1

Postby furrot » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Check that BangUp isn't on. It's overlapped by the close button in Bureaucracy and can accidentally toggled when you close the Bureaucracy screen.
Kungr
level0

Postby Kungr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm

furrot wrote:Check that BangUp isn't on. It's overlapped by the close button in Bureaucracy and can accidentally toggled when you close the Bureaucracy screen.

BangUp is not on and they seem to be perfectly fine with going to shower or the common room in free time.
FallingFear
level1
level1

Postby FallingFear » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 pm

I had a similar problem. Turns out I'd accidentally 'Staff Only'ed a section of the route they needed to get to the yard. Check in deployment that they actually have a way to get there.
Kungr
level0

Postby Kungr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 pm

FallingFear wrote:I had a similar problem. Turns out I'd accidentally 'Staff Only'ed a section of the route they needed to get to the yard. Check in deployment that they actually have a way to get there.

Wow.... Just wow. Turns out I built a wall around the border to stop them from escaping and I must have marked the inside as staff only by accident. Thanks so much, I was just about to abandon it and start again.
Hitobat
level1
level1

Postby Hitobat » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 pm

furrot wrote:Check that BangUp isn't on. It's overlapped by the close button in Bureaucracy and can accidentally toggled when you close the Bureaucracy screen.

Good call, that was exactly the problem I was having. Thanks! :)

Return to “Community Members”