New Regimes!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Should Mark and Chris think about this?

Yea!
51%
No.
49%

Total votes: 83
trilliarden
level1
level1

New Regimes!

Postby trilliarden » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 pm

tl;dr:
I want to edit my regime-chart better!

This is how it could be:

How it works:
Click and drag(hold mousebutton) over a part of a column to enable it, click and drag on enabled ones to disable again.

What made me think about it?
I was typing a thread about common-room time, then thought of this new regime-chart.

Someone here posted a nice documentary about prisons.
There where cell-times (our "nothing"), meal-times and yard-times, but there where also free-times, where they where allowed to hang out in the commonroom (and maybe the cells, but not sure about that). BUT, they where not allowed to use the yard in that time.
I would really like to have that opportunity as i want them to not just hang in the cells, but cant handle to guard all my yard and cell and shower.
Having this new regime-charts we could easily handle our prison with less guards while prisoners have more fun.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Sorry, but I don't see any advantage in your timetable, in fact it seems a little odd.

I think the orignal is much clearer/better. What _would_ be better is to have three 'tabs' across the top saying 'Low' 'Medium' and 'Maxsec'. Selecting one brings up the timetable for that class of prisoner, which can then be modified.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I vote for the middle ground - By default, it shows what paktsardines suggests, the default but with LowSec, MediumSec, and MaxSec, but when you press an "Advanced" tab or checkbox or whatever, instead your see what was in the original post, but of course with extra options for Low, Med and Max Sec.
trilliarden
level1
level1

Postby trilliarden » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 pm

paktsardines wrote:Sorry, but I don't see any advantage in your timetable, in fact it seems a little odd.

I think the orignal is much clearer/better. What _would_ be better is to have three 'tabs' across the top saying 'Low' 'Medium' and 'Maxsec'. Selecting one brings up the timetable for that class of prisoner, which can then be modified.

Advantage would be to have the option to use FreeTime as it is, or if you want, edit it to something you think fits your prison better.
For example you're able to allow prisoners to use the commonroom and yard, but not the cell. That way you would not need as much guards as if they were also allowed to walk around the cells.

Sometimes it would be enough as an option to have a common-room-time, but i am sure there are lots of people having other ideas for combinations.
thatguy790
level1
level1

Postby thatguy790 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 am

paktsardines wrote:Sorry, but I don't see any advantage in your timetable, in fact it seems a little odd.

I agree with your idea, I hope IV implements different schedules for different groups of prisoners
Sabriath
level0

Postby Sabriath » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I would love to see the regime set up with buttons next to each time slot for deployment mapping. When you edit the deployment in a time slot, it can have a different color noting you've edited it. As the time comes, the deployment of your staff will match that set by the regime deployment button and will stay that way until a different edit comes along. This would allow (for example), the ability to set your cell blocks, showers and yards with less guards and your canteen with more during eating time.
caecitas
level0

Postby caecitas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 pm

not a bad stab at a redesign atall.

I like it - but feel that the fact that some allocated time could overlap might cause problem to the AI in general. Its a solid concept for a feature (the choice between say yard time OR shower time) and would be a welcome feature in my eyes, but i dont know how well it'd be handled by our inmates.

Also the idea of mixing said chart concept in with seperate regimes depending upon min/mid/max risk inmates would be very useful. Finally you could have a canteen that feeds people at different times of the day based upon their security level (stopping fights and stopping the room filling up).
robertmb
level0

Postby robertmb » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Some prisons separate their guests by blocks, I'd love that feature in here so micro designing becomes an actual option.
For example, if your blocks always have x inmates, you can plan your canteen and kitchen for a smaller pile of hungry mouths and save room for other things (and money due less cooking staff, that's busy more of the time as well).

Block A: Food 6.oo to 6.3o
Block B: Food 6.45 to 7.15
etc
lunaticneko
level2
level2

Postby lunaticneko » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 pm

I would like to be able to store "cell blocks" and drag them around to compare them side-by-side, so I can create multiple shifts of eating, showering, and other activities. With this, guards could also be assigned to a "prisoner group", accompanying them to various places to cover them, reducing work for other stationary guards.

More types of activities would also be appreciated, such as assemble (everyone in the yard, no exercising, guards count everyone), suppress worker (workers will not work to prevent "tool loss" or other reasons), lights out (lights off, guards auto equip flashlights, anyone outside is beaten on the spot), etc.
Roversword
level0

Postby Roversword » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:38 pm

I would like to second/third this...I would love to have regimes for the three different security levels (looking like now), so I can somehow (try to) manage the three levels and make sure they are not on the yard the same time (for example).

Cheers
Rover
Nat3ski
level1
level1

Postby Nat3ski » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Roversword wrote:

I would like to second/third this...I would love to have regimes for the three different security levels (looking like now), so I can somehow (try to) manage the three levels and make sure they are not on the yard the same time (for example).

Cheers
Rover

My current prison could benefit hugely from this kind of adjustment to scheduling. I have a central canteen with a 120-130ish prisoner capacity and 4 cell blocks with 97 capacity each. 2 block Gen Pop, 1 Min Sec and 1 Max Sec. Im sure you can all agree that max sec should not be mingling with the others, and having 400 inmates scrambling for food and seats at once is , i assure you, quite a tense moment. having rolling mealtimes would make things much smoother. my only worry is that the chefs are already a little inefficient and might not handle it.
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Don't get what you guys are butthurt about, the biggest problem in my prisons are when prisoners don't want to eat in the canteen, but mealtime is another one and half hours.
At least make it double-shift timetables, or different securities. At least.
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
notsatan
level1
level1

Postby notsatan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:25 pm

As someone with dyspraxia I find your regime to be extremely difficult to actually understand, and therefore I am going to have no choice but to say no. Sorry.
themadmoore
level2
level2

Postby themadmoore » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Although the original picture looks pretty complicated, I would like there to be more control on who can use the shower, go for meals, use the yard and when etc.

I have 139 prisoners all trying to get to the same shower, yard, canteen etc.

I might have to segregate the prison entirely.

But that would mean going right back to the start now, three Yards, canteens, kitchens, yards, showers ... Hmmm!

Return to “Community Members”