Alpha 7, opinions?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Alpha 7, opinions?

Postby Penroyaltea » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 pm

If I'm honest I find the jail door opening a bit tedious. OK for prisoners, but it's kind of impossible for the cooks. How do you get around that?
Laxe
level0

Postby Laxe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 pm

I kinda like it, at least my prisoners now will watch tv outside in the common rooms!

Oh and a small thing, turns out that when I overloaded my power generator the game decided I didn't deserve one so it deleted it! Just a FYI..
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

I think a cool way to do it would be to implement a "layered" or security level key system. A bit like the old one but better... Say all doors can be set to level 1-5, and different categories of staff can have a security clearance of 1-5. If 5 is most secure, then if a door was security clearance 1 then every staff member would be able to unlock it. Security 5 would mean that only guards would be able to unluck it. Maybe 3 categories would be enough but you catch my drift. I agree that having doors be either totally open or totally locked is a bit to constrained. Surely the utility room (with chemicals and tools) would not be open to prisoners, but it also seems a bit excessive that the handyman needs a guard to get to the mop and broom :)

But I AM very happy about this release. Especially the ability to change sec ratings on prisoners :)
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

I've used alot more 'standard' doors and less jail doors. Also, more staff-only areas.

If I have a long corridor with a door at each end, I have brought one door closer to the other, and stationed a guard in between to control the two doors. It kind of works.

I am thinking of breaking out the staff only runs across the prison though, to speed things up. they can be like rat-runs across the prison...its a weak link though!
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:48 pm

caveatgez wrote:I've used a lot more 'standard' doors and less jail doors. Also, more staff-only areas.

If I have a long corridor with a door at each end, I have brought one door closer to the other, and stationed a guard in between to control the two doors. It kind of works.

I am thinking of breaking out the staff only runs across the prison though, to speed things up. they can be like rat-runs across the prison...its a weak link though!

I think this is gonna be the best solution for just now.

The way it's been implemented just now, it completely breaks every prison I have..lol! Which is fine really as I always start fresh for new alphas.

As you say, a lot more standard doors will be required & rat-runs.

Maybe smaller cell blocks aswell so you have guards closer to doors. Or more guards. Not sure of the best solution as yet. Will need to test some stuff.

In a way I like it as it's gonna make planning out the prison more challenging. The fact that workmen can no longer go through cell doors themselves is a pretty frustrating though :P

& the first solution of a tiered security system sounds good aswell.
Last edited by Ric666 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master-Guy
level2
level2

Postby Master-Guy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Got just a single word...

SHOTGUN!!!
me_54m
level1
level1

Postby me_54m » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I don't mind the doors having to be opened by a guard in corridors but individual rooms is a pain, and it's a pain in fires.

I had a fire and was concentrating on getting firemen in but I had prisoners stuck behind doors, maybe there should be an option to open doors in an emergency?

Also in cleaning up after the fire I had problems with workmen and cleaners being locked in solitary cells, although there were three guards stood outside, I had to wait for a different one from elsewhere?
phoenixca
level1
level1

Postby phoenixca » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

me_54m wrote:I don't mind the doors having to be opened by a guard in corridors but individual rooms is a pain, and it's a pain in fires.

I had a fire and was concentrating on getting firemen in but I had prisoners stuck behind doors, maybe there should be an option to open doors in an emergency?

Also in cleaning up after the fire I had problems with workmen and cleaners being locked in solitary cells, although there were three guards stood outside, I had to wait for a different one from elsewhere?

The changelog states that you can manually open any door with a right-click. Possible work-around in emergencies.
superspeck
level1
level1

Postby superspeck » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

OK, I've got a stupid question. All of my large jail doors are open all the time. When I click on it, the door says DoorOpen SELECTED, and it's always open.

I can switch it to "DoorNoEntry" but then no one can pass.

What's the special sauce to actually get them to close?
ryanmkelly
level0

Postby ryanmkelly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 am

My only started to close when prisoners arrived, (so guards then had to open them). When building my prison and the doors set to open, they stayed open for all the workers to pass.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:34 am

I find it tedious, but if we could research a electronic system thad be great B-) (of course prisoners can tamper with that)
With the sincerest regards,
111none
ryacko
level1
level1

Postby ryacko » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 am

I had to deploy guards to various rooms so that they could open the doors...
Pieckton
level1
level1

Postby Pieckton » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 am

I'm alone to have the problem of continous intake? Now with alpha, whatever if the option "Continous intake" is check or not, I have continous intake !
Daimaju
level2
level2

Postby Daimaju » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 am

Pieckton wrote:I'm alone to have the problem of continous intake? Now with alpha, whatever if the option "Continous intake" is check or not, I have continous intake !

*sigh*

Click on reports, click on prisoners, click on "OPEN" and magically transform it to "CLOSED".
Bang, no new prisoners...
HelghastLV
level0

Changes for Alpha 7

Postby HelghastLV » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 am

I do like the fact that you can now set areas for min sec, and max sec, but the prisoners dont stay in those areas or out of un designited areas. I want to keep my min and max segrigated, or maybe having the ability to have max sec on a diferent regimen then the min sec. There is no way to keepthem away from one another, and having more violent criminals gives no rewards. I find myself with one main gen pop area and adding a cell here or there.

Also would like to be able to send constant complaining prisoners to solitary for a time i decide so if they dont like the schedule they wont incite a riot with other prisoners.

Return to “Community Members”