(SUGGESTIONS) + Poll: More Recreation Options

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Would you like to see more recreation options ingame?

Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 60
orangetayo
level1
level1

(SUGGESTIONS) + Poll: More Recreation Options

Postby orangetayo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm

NOTE: If the post gets a decent following, I'll periodically edit this first post to include everyone's suggestions.

Well aware the game is early in development, but let's talk recreation. As is the case in prison, there's not a whole lot of recreation (we ain't running a luxury hotel here), but it would be nice to have a few more options as far as placeables go. Also, make some tasks reduce the inmates recreation need as well.

Additional placeable recreation items or zones/rooms may be:

-Sports field
    -Education/classes
    -Visitation
    -Field Trips (lower risk inmates picked up via bus, taken out of prison for several hours 'picking trash' etc.)

-Rockdude48 suggests jogging paths in the yard
    -altism suggests prisoner boxing. nice :) does the winner get a reduction in their sentence??

orangetayo
Last edited by orangetayo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:48 am

I imagine they still start to add this, when more of the core system have been nailed down.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:41 pm

By field trip as in chain gangs?
With the sincerest regards,
111none
orangetayo
level1
level1

Postby orangetayo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm

111none wrote:By field trip as in chain gangs?

I was being the politically correct prison architect that I am, but yes XD
soul_rever38
level1
level1

Postby soul_rever38 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 pm

I like the idea of having the ability to send prisoners out as chain gangs in the game, wouldn't that technically be counted as a source of income and would really be recreational for the prisoners?
Rockdude48
level0

Postby Rockdude48 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I think it would be cool if people could designate a jogging path for the prisoners to use, they would be able to use it in yard time or during free time.
Wait... Where am I... HOW DID I GET HERE???
orangetayo
level1
level1

Postby orangetayo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 pm

soul_rever38 wrote:I like the idea of having the ability to send prisoners out as chain gangs in the game, wouldn't that technically be counted as a source of income and would really be recreational for the prisoners?

Nice! I hadn't thought of the income aspect of that... maybe it would be a periodic offer from the "city" that your prison is in. And you can handpick the "good behavior" inmates that get to go.

For a prisoner, I think any opportunity to leave the prison is recreation, no matter what it is :D

I know we're getting into the minutiae here, but every suggestion helps develop the game going forward!
Stashgordon36
level0

Postby Stashgordon36 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

I worked as a Detention Officer for 3 years and the one thing I can say is Visitation is by far the most important thing for an inmate "recreationally". I've seen good visits with family change the most sour inmate to have a good mood for a few days and vice versa. And taking away an inmates visitation rights as a punishment is sometimes worse then sending them to the hole. I hope they are able to add that feature to the game because it would add a whole new dynamic to managing your population.
I'm above the law!
AQJ
level0

Postby AQJ » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 am

Rockdude48 wrote:I think it would be cool if people could designate a jogging path for the prisoners to use, they would be able to use it in yard time or during free time.

Yeah - they seem to have one on the tutorial map where prisoners run around the yard - but I tried putting a path in and it doesn't seem to work currently...
altism
level0

Postby altism » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

prisoner boxing

Return to “Community Members”