[Feature Request] Male + Female prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

HowPeculiars
level2
level2

[Feature Request] Male + Female prisoners

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Hey,

It would add depth to the building requirements if we had male and female prisoners and completely separate wings had to be constructed.
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 pm

It shouldn be a requirement, but it would add depth in the sense, that later on you can seperate women and men to risk fights and other trouble.

So i like it, as long as its an option for something to do later in the game.
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm not sure it makes sense. For the most part, men and women have their own entirely separate prisons, not a woman's wing in a men's prison.
HowPeculiars
level2
level2

Postby HowPeculiars » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Arclight_Dynamo wrote:I'm not sure it makes sense. For the most part, men and women have their own entirely separate prisons, not a woman's wing in a men's prison.

In many parts of the world they don't - they just have seperate wings.
randommonicle
level1
level1

Postby randommonicle » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:
Arclight_Dynamo wrote:I'm not sure it makes sense. For the most part, men and women have their own entirely separate prisons, not a woman's wing in a men's prison.

In many parts of the world they don't - they just have separate wings.

However the prisons that PA seems to be based on would have seperate male and female prisons :)
a__gun
level3
level3

Postby a__gun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 pm

HowPeculiars wrote:In many parts of the world they don't - they just have separate wings.

Not trying to be an arse, I'm actually genuinely interested - how do you know this?
frasercarter
level1
level1

Postby frasercarter » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 am

ever seen the movie gringo? shitty reference but, in mexico, columbia, south america most of their prisons contain women , men and children born in prison.
Luk3us
level0

Postby Luk3us » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 am

Where are the feminists demanding equal representation in gaming? :P
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 am

Being grateful they got doctor instead of nurse. Truly, an upgrade from Theme Hospital.
Das_Wuff
level1
level1

Postby Das_Wuff » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 am

Mas Tnega wrote:Being grateful they got doctor instead of nurse. Truly, an upgrade from Theme Hospital.

And an Accountant!
Arclight_Dynamo
level1
level1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:56 am

randommonicle wrote:
HowPeculiars wrote:

However the prisons that PA seems to be based on would have separate male and female prisons :)

Exactly.
PrincessJane
level0

Postby PrincessJane » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:47 am

Arclight_Dynamo wrote:
randommonicle wrote:
HowPeculiars wrote:

However the prisons that PA seems to be based on would have separate male and female prisons :)

Exactly.

So then why not a women's only prison? I would prefer seeing separate wings. Anything that complicates the needs of the building I am all for. I also like being represented in gaming.
Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Postby Penroyaltea » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am

I think it's a good idea and although it would take skill and they would need their own services, you could have a female wing.

Luk3us wrote:Where are the feminists demanding equal representation in gaming? :P

why is that a feminist issue? women should be equally represented. :P

Many of the most successful games at the moment are totally genderless and for everyone. Take Minecraft for instance. I'm female but I love a bit of violence in games and I get sick of women being portrayed as character you just save or kill who wear little or nothing.

If you look at the prison service in general there are a good amount of female prison guards, even the toughest male prisons. There are less females in prison, but that doesn't mean they should be ignored.

I love this game already but it does have a bit of a male bias so far. For instance the tier system:

Immortalize yourself, by getting a prisoner named after you and supply the info for his rapsheet.

*snapps handbag shut* :lol:
:wink: [/b]
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm

You could always follow in the footsteps of Millicent "I AM a MAN" Baxter?
Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Postby Penroyaltea » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:You could always follow in the footsteps of Millicent "I AM a MAN" Baxter?

in what way?

Return to “Community Members”