[Suggestion] Coruppted Staff members

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Shaggy02
level0

[Suggestion] Coruppted Staff members

Postby Shaggy02 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Think about it. In almost every prison movie we have seen that a janitor or guard or the doctor is corruptible. Everyone has there price. imagine prisoners that are part of gangs will try to pay janitors to leave doors open or try to escape acting dead. would be interesting
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm

I believe this has been suggested before, but I like the idea. Would you propose corruption is simply a function of job satisfaction (or lack thereof), some inherent trait ,or both? How do you propose the player should improve/prevent staff corruption? ie: who polices the police?
Prison Officer UK
level1
level1

Postby Prison Officer UK » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 pm

paktsardines wrote:I believe this has been suggested before, but I like the idea. Would you propose corruption is simply a function of job satisfaction (or lack thereof), some inherent trait ,or both? How do you propose the player should improve/prevent staff corruption? ie: who polices the police?

In real life, the local corruption prevention manager. :mrgreen:
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 pm

What if the corruption prevention manager was corrupt?!
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am

We knew better than to trust them in the first place.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

paktsardines wrote:I believe this has been suggested before, but I like the idea. Would you propose corruption is simply a function of job satisfaction (or lack thereof), some inherent trait ,or both? How do you propose the player should improve/prevent staff corruption? ie: who polices the police?

The common person does
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Job satisfaction and rate of pay (adding in the ability to decide how much you pay guards and give them raises), as well as inherent invisible traits that may (or not) be exposed overtime.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 am

I personally wouldn't like this. Having prisoners fighting and trying to escape is enough already, having your own staff you gotta keep looking at is going to make things a tad too much, In my personal Opinion.
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 am

I'd like the idea. Another idea that has been suggested is the ability to choose which member of staff you hire (like theme hospital). These ideas would go well together
RMJ1984
level2
level2

Postby RMJ1984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 am

Theme hospital is a very good and valid source of gameplay concepts to use.

Bullfrog knew how to make stuff that was fun and interesting.

It could even be something as simple as their pay, if you dont give them raise or pay them to little. well they "might" wanna earn a bit of the side.
Shaggy02
level0

Postby Shaggy02 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:58 am

I agree it might be a lot to think of with all the other 100 stuff to do so just by having 2 things that can cause corruption being pay and a job bio like in theme hospital where it says stuff like if they are motivated or if they are lazy.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:23 am

How about, either instead of or alongside the Theme Hospital style staff hiring, an option for security vetting. None or low, relatively high chance that the staff members gang or crime affiliations/history are looked over, leading to dirty guards. High vetting exposes their dodgy past ties, meaning a more honest workforce. This comes at a price though, meaning in a financial crisis do you hire just a single trustworthy, or 5 or so possibly criminal staff?
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:13 am

Azarath wrote:How about, either instead of or alongside the Theme Hospital style staff hiring, an option for security vetting. None or low, relatively high chance that the staff members gang or crime affiliations/history are looked over, leading to dirty guards. High vetting exposes their dodgy past ties, meaning a more honest workforce. This comes at a price though, meaning in a financial crisis do you hire just a single trustworthy, or 5 or so possibly criminal staff?

Great, now you can make your prison a heven or a cresspit
With the sincerest regards,
111none

Return to “Community Members”