[IDEA] difficulty / prisoner / new area idea

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

soul_rever38
level1
level1

[IDEA] difficulty / prisoner / new area idea

Postby soul_rever38 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone

Firstly I would like to say that I am sorry if this Idea has already been put forward. Here is my idea for some things which could be implemented into the game.

different levels of difficulty based on current prison systems, (e.g. maximum, minimum and regular) which would also scale the difficulty and edit prisoners so they act more like they would if they were in such facilities. For example if they are in a maximum security facility they would be more prone to violence and attacking other prisoners, where as if it is a minimum security facility they are less likely to be violent and less likely to escape.

As well as the above things I would think that it would be good to implement certain things like visiting area’s for family members to visit prisoners. And maximum security wing for more violent prisoners which would lower chances of violent prisoners from attacking other prisoners though it would be a higher cost and may require a standing guard in the area to make sure there is not problems. Finally a psychiatric ward/prison wing for mentally unstable prisoners, which could hold unstable prisoners which could give an increased amount of income due to their unstable nature.

I hope everyone finds these idea’s interesting.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm

This has been brought up... but i like it :idea:
With the sincerest regards,
111none
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 pm

When I saw 'new area' in your title I thought you were refering to maybe getting the ability to select a starting prison size but if you can afford it be able to buy slots of land for expansion. As for your idea in general I think it would fit well into how PA plays. Maybe with a slider in advanced options to manually edit how your prison population in general reacts; you could edit how quickly their needs raise, what's the minimum level of their needs etc.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

christopher1006 wrote:When I saw 'new area' in your title I thought you were refering to maybe getting the ability to select a starting prison size but if you can afford it be able to buy slots of land for expansion. As for your idea in general I think it would fit well into how PA plays. Maybe with a slider in advanced options to manually edit how your prison population in general reacts; you could edit how quickly their needs raise, what's the minimum level of their needs etc.

eventually, we should have a lot of lag then... but i like it
111none
Penroyaltea
level1
level1

Postby Penroyaltea » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Ha ha yes maximum should have padded cells for the crazy ones and Hannibal lector cells.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 am

Penroyaltea wrote:Ha ha yes maximum should have padded cells for the crazy ones and Hannibal lector cells.

why? prevent sucide?
111none
soul_rever38
level1
level1

Postby soul_rever38 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

I would think padded cells would be good for prisoners who would be considered "Unstable" if that were to be implemented
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am

The padded cells must be highly flammable, I want to stick all the pyromaniacs in there as their form of rehab.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.

Return to “Community Members”