Your Prisons

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

EasyPockets
level0

Your Prisons

Postby EasyPockets » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

Hey... So I have been playing this game for well over a month now but I'm consistently running into problems which isn't the main problem or question. The problem is that I feel like I have done every style of prison (indoor, outdoor with little rooms, cluttered, ect.) So if anyone has photos of their prison and would like to share that would be awesome.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 am

This was my attempt at a fairly spacious yet secure little prison I called Hunt. It ran pretty smooth, every prisoner was fed and the only fights were cause because I got bored. Image
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 am

Wow, with that many solitary cells are you building Guantanamo?

Looks nice though. Novel shower design too. ;)
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:50 am

Those solitary cells are for my bored moments when I feel like prison wide warfare. And the drains around the shower is because I get really annoyed when a prisoner breaks the toilet, thinking about what's in that water as it spills across my somewhat sparkling clean shower dosn't thrill me.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 am

All valid points, nice job! :)
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 am

christopher1006 wrote:the drains around the shower is because I get really annoyed when a prisoner breaks the toilet, thinking about what's in that water as it spills across my somewhat sparkling clean shower

LOL'd. Partly off-topic, but how do you guys take screenies of your prisons? When I use printscreen it only shows my desktop and not the prison... Dual nVidia 460s and latest drivers if it matters.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 am

Um, well.. it's a little embarassing. I can't vouch for others, but I use a fraps-type program on linux (recordmydesktop), then play the video back and take a screenshot as it's playing. :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

If I ever supplied a prison save, you'd see the horrible inscrutible shit I get instead of an in-game screenshot.

I use print screen and it paste directly into imgur if I intend on sharing it.
william3889
level1
level1

Postby william3889 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am

I've done multiple complete full prisons on different threads. Heres a picture of my small 201 prisoner prison. Simple 2x3 cells with 10-20 prisoners per block.

And heres my medium size, with a similar layout.
Thread:http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prisonarchitect/viewtopic.php?t=1311

[/img]
Last edited by william3889 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
gazmask
level1
level1

Postby gazmask » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:13 am

Yeah, just go to your savegames and you'll find a png image over there :) shortcut: search '%appdata%', then go to Roaming which is in the same folder as Local, where you'll find your saves.

current prison: 24 prisoners inc, fingers crossed they don't destroy my precious prison.

http://snag.gy/dXMv1.jpg

edit: person above me, could you resize your images so they don't fuck up the entire forum layout? :)
Contributing editor and assistant supervisor at http://www.gvangames.be (dutch)
Played: Uplink, Defcon
Playing: Prison Architect
william3889
level1
level1

Postby william3889 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:31 am

gazmask wrote:Yeah, just go to your savegames and you'll find a png image over there :) shortcut: search '%appdata%', then go to Roaming which is in the same folder as Local, where you'll find your saves.

current prison: 24 prisoners inc, fingers crossed they don't destroy my precious prison.

edit: person above me, could you resize your images so they don't fuck up the entire forum layout? :)

No worries just did, I noticed after i put it on how big it was
Fishstick
level1
level1

Postby Fishstick » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 am

gazmask wrote:Yeah, just go to your savegames and you'll find a png image over there :) shortcut: search '%appdata%', then go to Roaming which is in the same folder as Local, where you'll find your saves.

Does your deliveries area still work for new prisoners? I can't find any info on how close to the road it has to be to still be able to accept prisoners.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:35 am

Fishstick wrote:

Does your deliveries area still work for new prisoners? I can't find any info on how close to the road it has to be to still be able to accept prisoners.

Good eye; that should cause the infinite garbage loop bug. Or was that fixed in A5? Now I have to go try it...

Return to “General”