Naive Question

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Magnot
level0

Naive Question

Postby Magnot » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:51 am

I cannot for the life of me figure out how on earth to add AI players to a match - there is no mention of it in the manual besides "you can add AI players." I presume that there are in fact AI players and they haven't been removed somehow in a patch?

edit: never mind! I found out how >.<
kentuckyfried
level2
level2

Postby kentuckyfried » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:53 am

Underneath the slots for the players, there is an add ai opponent button.
reaps
level1
level1

Postby reaps » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:04 pm

The first time i booted up the demo i went into a game selected Europe then started, i then moved my navy about, had bombers and fighters scouting out in every direction and started launching nukes at places where i knew large cities "should" be.

I quickly realised that there was no enemy, and that you have to manually select to have AI enemies present. the spec that joined during the middle of this must have thought i had lost the plot.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:08 pm

reaps wrote:The first time i booted up the demo i went into a game selected Europe then started, i then moved my navy about, had bombers and fighters scouting out in every direction and started launching nukes at places where i knew large cities "should" be.

I quickly realised that there was no enemy, and that you have to manually select to have AI enemies present. the spec that joined during the middle of this must have thought i had lost the plot.

Oh, that's "Bush Mode".
There's no real threat to you, but you go ahead and nuke some random places around the globe anyways.
Rogviler
level2
level2

Postby Rogviler » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:22 pm

torig wrote:Oh, that's "Bush Mode".
There's no real threat to you, but you go ahead and nuke some random places around the globe anyways.

ROFL!

-Rog
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:22 pm

torig wrote:
reaps wrote:The first time i booted up the demo i went into a game selected Europe then started, i then moved my navy about, had bombers and fighters scouting out in every direction and started launching nukes at places where i knew large cities "should" be.

Oh, that's "Bush Mode".

OMFG! GWB has WMDs! We're all SOL!

xander
kb5zht
level1
level1

Postby kb5zht » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:39 am

Perhaps there is some sick, twisted option where you can fill the world with undefended cities, you being the only nuclear power, and then laugh hysterically as you launch nukes around the globe.... and play the fiddle of course while the world burns.

LOL
PsychicKid
level2
level2

Postby PsychicKid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:27 am

kb5zht wrote:Perhaps there is some sick, twisted option where you can fill the world with undefended cities, you being the only nuclear power, and then laugh hysterically as you launch nukes around the globe.... and play the fiddle of course while the world burns.

LOL

There is. It's called Diplomacy mode with 5 AI.
Smiling Buddha
level3
level3

Postby Smiling Buddha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:50 am

PsychicKid wrote:
kb5zht wrote:Perhaps there is some sick, twisted option where you can fill the world with undefended cities, you being the only nuclear power, and then laugh hysterically as you launch nukes around the globe.... and play the fiddle of course while the world burns.

LOL

Or just 6 territories to the human player.
torig
level5
level5

Postby torig » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:17 am

Smiling Buddha wrote:
PsychicKid wrote:

LOL

Or just 6 territories to the human player.

Same result, quite different mindset. You could say it's Europe versus Rome ;)

Return to “General”