[BUG] Prison doors staying open

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

steviebuk
level2
level2

[BUG] Prison doors staying open

Postby steviebuk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 pm

So I was going to test a shower in a cell :) which I had done with no water pumping to it yet the prisoner was able to use anyway. That's another bug maybe should make a new thread but can't really get an image of it being recreated. He was moaning he needed a shower so once the shower head was in place he used it, despite it having no water pumped to it.

Anyway, back to the door bug.

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/4984/pris ... 121019.png

So I set this door to DoorNobody so it would stay locked to the prisoner. But as door is already open (none of the jail door cells appear to want to close most of the time), the prisoner was still able to come and go as he pleased. Drain is there for if the loo floods (which happened on Alpha 1).
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 am

Was probably the very first bug logged and has been discussed many times. :)

Those doors are open for two reason

1) It's Freetime on the regime, during which cell doors are open
2) Doors stay open when there are object in certain places in relation to them, namely underneath them or to the bottom, bottom right, or right of them.
Nibbles
level1
level1

Postby Nibbles » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:34 am

This has defninately been brought up before.
DarkLord7854
level0

Postby DarkLord7854 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 pm

I get this as well, on all doors, regardless of time of day

http://i.imgur.com/ydbal.jpg

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=121
bobusdoleus
level1
level1

Postby bobusdoleus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeah, all of my doors are open, all the time:
http://i.imgur.com/XB6iG.jpg

EDIT: Nope, I was being an idiot. This got fixed when prisoners arrived.

Although apparently none of them were being processed even though I had a butt-ton of guards... Maybe the 'door: Staff only' tags on my entrance doors are to blame?
Last edited by bobusdoleus on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Have either of you had prisoners yet? I've seen this resolve as soon as prisoners turn up.
KingOfZeal
level1
level1

Postby KingOfZeal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 pm

I've been having this problem as well since Alpha 2. In particular, a couple of doors have nothing around it, and I haven't seen it close for some time now. I do have prisoners (for some time now), and I'm not really sure why it isn't closing.
DarkLord7854
level0

Postby DarkLord7854 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 am

koshensky wrote:Have either of you had prisoners yet? I've seen this resolve as soon as prisoners turn up.

I have not.. was about to make all my cell rooms but then noticed the doors were not working so I didn't.. I'll have to try tomorrow
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 am

KingOfZeal wrote:I've been having this problem as well since Alpha 2. In particular, a couple of doors have nothing around it, and I haven't seen it close for some time now. I do have prisoners (for some time now), and I'm not really sure why it isn't closing.

There appears to be a difference between some doors not closing and all of your doors not closing.

Some of your doors not closing is a genuine strange bug and seems to appear for various different reasons.

All of your doors not closing appears to be a bug that happens prior to prisoners arriving, and as soon as they arrive - the game does something and doors start to function as normal.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am

1. Well known bug - please use search in the future.
2. Don't make threads about bugs - report them to the bug tracker instead (see announcement at top of forum)
koshensky
level3
level3

Postby koshensky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 am

Illanair wrote:1. Well known bug - please use search in the future.
2. Don't make threads about bugs - report them to the bug tracker instead (see announcement at top of forum)

Both have been reported officially, but given that this thread already exists there's no reason not to discuss or help people who have had the issue, so when others use the search - they'll find the cure not just the cause.

Return to “Community Members”