"Unconsesual intercourse"

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

side.dish
level0

"Unconsesual intercourse"

Postby side.dish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Can you make them drop the soap?
level1
level1

Postby 0235 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:28 pm

hmm. that may be a little bit too risky for a game, but it is a big problem in prisons (oh how i loved the title for this and the description)
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm

I don't really see this going in the game. I wouldn't have a problem with it personally but the national press would have a field day and it may end up getting banned. Just not worth it.

Of course there's nothing to stop some modder putting the feature in down the line...
Luzal
level1
level1

Postby Luzal » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I think this could be replaced by a general sense of bullying or humiliating, which is something that I hope will be inside the game. Brutes and victims.

What's great with Prison Architect's appearance is that nothing has to be as explicit as a drop of soap.
XmAkiNA
level2
level2

Postby XmAkiNA » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm

IV have stated a few times that prison rape is something they're considering but are currently erring on the side of "not in the game". Rape is an incredibly difficult subject to tackle well and it's impact psychologically is complex and not very well understood, modelling that into the game will be near to impossible.

I think this would be much better handled through Luzal's suggestion of a more abstract "Bully/Victim" system, where prisoners will intimidate each other and could work alongside the gang system.
xenxander
level1
level1

Postby xenxander » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Rape can be funny:
Picture porky pig raping elmer fudd...

why do you think they call him 'porky'? xD
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 pm

xenxander wrote:Rape can be funny:

Not funny.

xander
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm

xander wrote:
xenxander wrote:Rape can be funny:

Not funny.

xander

+1
ElectricGlow
level2
level2

Re: "Unconsesual intercourse"

Postby ElectricGlow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 pm

side.dish wrote:Can you make them drop the soap?

No. Very no. Go to TV Tropes.

Luzal wrote:I think this could be replaced by a general sense of bullying or humiliating, which is something that I hope will be inside the game. Brutes and victims.

+1. I think this is a much better and mature way to handle something this touchy. Basically some of the prisoners are by default out there to abuse other prisoners. This can be mitigated to a finite extent by utilizing both the prison psychiatrist as well as general security and preventing overcrowding. If the prisoner's a psychopath there's no real way to reduce what they do.
DaveP
level0

Postby DaveP » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 pm

It seems to me that the main issues are:

#1 it would be difficult to represent in the game view in a manner befitting the situation (two naked cartoon sprites bumping torsos seems to be what most of them do trying to get into the showers already)

#2 as a gameplay element it either has the risk of happening so uncommonly as to be a waste of time adding to the game, or so commonly it becomes farcical

Implementation as it stands serves the issue: prisoners fight in shower. Naked. Draw your own conclusions

I'm sure there's some good material in using it as a topic for a storyline in the campaign mode, but as a regular gameplay element it just seems like too much work for too little pay off, or coming across as juvenile.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:31 pm

"Is that a shiv in your hand or are you just happy to see me?"
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 pm

0235 wrote:hmm. that may be a little bit too risky for a game, but it is a big problem in prisons (oh how i loved the title for this and the description)

The word you're looking for is risque - entirely different meaning. :D

And yes - it might be going a bit far.
Hessen
level3
level3

Postby Hessen » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Illanair wrote:
0235 wrote:hmm. that may be a little bit too risky for a game, but it is a big problem in prisons (oh how i loved the title for this and the description)

The word you're looking for is risque - entirely different meaning. :D

And yes - it might be going a bit far.

To be fair, risky is appropriate too.
Das_Wuff
level1
level1

Postby Das_Wuff » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm kind of in agreement. [sarcasm] As much as I love mainstream media, [/sarcasm] if this feature was introduced, it would be labeled a rape simulator (It's not, but hey, anything's an AK-47 to some people.)

But on the other hand, it would bring realism to the game, as well as shed light on the goings-on in actual prisons.
ronanc
level4
level4

Postby ronanc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 pm

The word you're looking for is risque - entirely different meaning.

Risky works fine here too. As in, it would be very risky to include this feature as it would create a lot of bad publicity for the game.

Let's not make Prison Architect the first Rape Em Up please! :D

Return to “Community Members”