A couple of playthrough vids...

General chit-chat and minor questions about just about anything

Moderator: NBJeff

Vice
level0

A couple of playthrough vids...

Postby Vice » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey all,

I've only been playing this game for a couple of days now but decided to get a couple of play through videos up on youtube of some start-up game play. I am pretty new to doing youtube gaming videos so any comments and feedback would be great. I have to say I am really impressed with this game given that it is only in alpha!

Anyway, here are some links:

http://youtu.be/-ba-9A2v7NE
http://youtu.be/lm3y3lMsTJQ
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm

It looks like a good playthrough, but I don't see people watching it. The only people that will be able to find those videos are people who already bought and played the game. So antil PA will become known around the public, then Let's Plays will be popular.

My opinion, from a personal perspectibe, of course.
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 am

t looks like a good playthrough, but I don't see people watching it. The only people that will be able to find those videos are people who already bought and played the game. So antil PA will become known around the public, then Let's Plays will be popular.

What exactly is the difference between this and a Let's Play?
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am

It's the same, I didn't want you to think I'm saying this is not a let's play
GeekyMeerkat
level0

Postby GeekyMeerkat » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Namro wrote:It looks like a good playthrough, but I don't see people watching it. The only people that will be able to find those videos are people who already bought and played the game. So antil PA will become known around the public, then Let's Plays will be popular.

Actually if you take a look at Vice's channel you will see that not all the videos have to do with PA. This means that someone that watches one of the other videos and enjoys it, might click the channel button and see what else has been uploaded.

Also people will find these videos (assuming Vice sticks with it) because I know that I for one will do a search on YouTube for a game before I make my final choice. If it looks like someone is having fun playing the game that's a good indicator for me.

Lastly, who cares if Vice gets tons of views? If you are making YouTube videos because you want views, and likes and favorites, then you likely aren't going to be any good at it. Instead make youtube videos because you enjoy making them. If you enjoy making them then you'll get better at it, and you'll pick up viewers that want to see more of your stuff.

Anyways, Vice keep up the videos. Look forward to seeing more.
Namro
level1
level1

Postby Namro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

You completly misunderstood me.
I was saying that at this point of the game, when It's not really public and not alot of people know about it, then Playthrough and Let's Play vids won't get the exposure as much as they will get when the game will be in Beta and released. Take minecraft as an example. Only after Alpha was over, then the game got most of it's publicity. I'm not saying that Let's Plays are bad.
Vice
level0

Postby Vice » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Thanks for your comments so far. Just to backup what GeekyMeerkat said, no I'm not looking for a ton of hits on my videos. This is just something I enjoy doing and would like to get better at. Any feedback I can get will be really helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to watch my videos!

I will be uploading more shortly (as well as a few from other games) so please keep the comments coming if you can :)
AndersBreivik
level2
level2

Postby AndersBreivik » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:32 pm

nice cheers vice
Taliss
level0

Postby Taliss » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks for the video play through Vice :D
Was really helpful in getting me up and running. Nice presentation style too!
Asmodeous
level0

Postby Asmodeous » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Namro wrote:You completly misunderstood me.
I was saying that at this point of the game, when It's not really public and not a lot of people know about it, then Playthrough and Let's Play vids won't get the exposure as much as they will get when the game will be in Beta and released. Take minecraft as an example. Only after Alpha was over, then the game got most of it's publicity. I'm not saying that Let's Plays are bad.

LP's are free advertising. Actually, advertising someone paid you (in this case) $30 to be able to do. Your LP channel alone drives people to watch it. PlumpHelmetPunk started an LP of this, and it's the only reason I realized that it had achieved playable alpha state and pre-order, because after way, way too long of waiting, I stopped paying attention.

Edit: That being said, this is the perfect forum for it, because people who have interest but haven't spent the money yet and are here on the forums can follow his links and see what they're in for, and it may well push them over the edge. More money for Introversion is good for all of us, because it makes the game better in the long run, as it is still in development.
Vice
level0

Postby Vice » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Taliss wrote:Thanks for the video play through Vice :D
Was really helpful in getting me up and running. Nice presentation style too!

Thanks Taliss. I just tend to hit record and wing it, so it is always nice to know that it isn't a boring video and has some useful information! I'll be putting up a good few more tomorrow :)

In response to Asmodeous, yes I completely agree. Sometimes I take a look through youtube to see if there is anything new up and it is how I find out about new releases and what might be good to play.

Return to “General”